Rate The Song Above You

5/5 - refreshing to hear an instrumental metal band that doesn't djent and isn't focused entirely on atmosphere and buildup (not that that's a bad thing), but instead just riffs as hard as humanly possible. killer track.

I wanted to post "Tree of Ages" by Amorphis but that wasn't on YouTube yet, so here's what the shuffle gods selected in its stead: (tw: harsh vocals)

Edited by Scythey

0/5 to YouTube which made the track unavailable to me and sent me on an epic and exhilarating journey through Google until I arrived at the mythical land of Soundcloud. 

2.5/5 to the actual song, of course. I didn't think much of the intro, and there was a strange element to the vocals that drew me out of the moment for a bit. Still, the melody was quite relaxing and for the most part I can see myself lying back to enjoy this later on. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENkK1q2E-YE

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

3/5 The opening flurry of electronics initially put me off, but once the song gets going, it's pretty good, with a nice beat. Though I'm not a fan of the chorus which sees the return of the opening electronics. The particular melody just kind of seems out of place and drowns out the rest of the song.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

3/5 - I guess I can at least commend it for having an intro that scared the living heck out of me for those first few seconds. It had a cool melody and was entertaining enough to listen to. The saxophone is an interesting touch, although I'd say I'm not that much of a fan. 

LzcD9OS.png

4/5, pretty good. Not necessarily something I'd listen to regularly, but I liked the flow and feeling of it. Makes me think of the Saw movies for some reason...?

(Sorry for the somewhat low audio quality and abrupt ending, the upload just ain't that great.)

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

4/5 - A well-done rendition of a grossly saccharine song. I enjoyed the transformation in the final quarter, and all around thought it to be of an entertaining quality. And while I know it's irrelevant in the context of the thread, I might as well say the video was pretty hilarious. I laughed quite a bit.

LzcD9OS.png

5/5 - quite a jam. kept a nice atmosphere throughout the whole thing and I liked how the bass seemed to take center stage. also, the opening notes kept reminding me of the opening notes of the 1989 Batman theme, so there's that.

https://soundcloud.com/alvin-thechipmunkson16sp/call-me

(for context, this is what it sounds like when you slow an Alvin and the Chipmunks song down until the vocals are at their normal pitch. and it's amazing.)

Edited by Scythey