• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Bionicle: The Legend Reborn Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,333 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 31 2012 - 05:17 AM

Although many fans have made soundtracks from the media (me being one of them) I noticed recently that no one's attempted work at a TLR soundtrack. So here I am, with 33 tracks of TLR greatness.Although some fans gripe about the poorly done soundtrack by John D'Andrea, I think the problem is that we were too focused on the movie to notice the music. A lot of it is actually very good, notably "Tesara" and "The Hot Springs".

Posted Image

33 Tracks|320kbps|MP3 Format|1.2 hours

Tracklist:

Spoiler

The fateful link, which is 163.07 MB: http://www.mediafire...h7wjvt4tnray6n0

For those wondering, I made this by ripping the DVD audio and running it through Audacity. This DVD had some pretty strict stereo, so I made one channel inverted and changed both to mono, which successfully removed the majority of sound effects. The only time SFX are really a problem is in "Prisoners of War".

By the way, you may notice on the cover it says "Complete Motion Picture Score". A Complete Score is all or almost all the music from a movie, and then some. An official soundtrack (or "OST" for short) mostly doesn't have all the music from a movie. I'd say there's about twenty seconds of audio I didn't include, so this is a Complete Score. The only thing better than a Complete Score is the Recording Sessions.

If you deem it legal, I can include Linkin Park's "Announcement Service Public" because it was featured in one of the trailers. But if you think it's illegal and therefore "bad" to include it, I won't.

Anyway, happy listening.

Posted Image

TheSkeletonMan939's Soundtrack Emporium!

And thanks to Black Six for all those proto boosts he gave me over the years.

#2 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,353 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 08:06 AM

Funny, I was recently thinking about the same thing. I just don't have the skills to do something like this. Great someone did! :biggrin: Downloading...And by the way, no, not illegal, please do it. :D

Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Jun 01 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Listen to Vakama, he knows what he's talking about.

vakama_loves_curry.jpg

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#3 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,009 posts

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 11:08 AM

Nice! Thanks for making this. I'll put this on my iPod when I get the chance.
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#4 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,353 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 12:37 PM

I've been listening to the tracks. Good job! But I also noticed that the music is nowhere near as good as Nathan Furst's. :(Are you planning to do the enhanced Bohrok Online Animation Soundtracks?

Listen to Vakama, he knows what he's talking about.

vakama_loves_curry.jpg

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#5 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,333 posts

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 03:35 PM

Funny, I was recently thinking about the same thing. I just don't have the skills to do something like this. Great someone did! :biggrin: Downloading...And by the way, no, not illegal, please do it. :biggrin:

Actually, I think it might be a bit unlawful, but whatever... http://www.mediafire...xddi3qru3mbmlvc

Are you planning to do the enhanced Bohrok Online Animation Soundtracks?

It's on my to-do list. Right now my primary concerns are making The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes soundtracks and writing an epic for BZP. Also on my to-do list are to make an extra track to this for Metus' Revenge, make a soundtrack to the video game of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and make complete scores of the first three BIONICLE movies.

Posted Image

#6 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,311 posts

Posted Jun 03 2012 - 11:30 PM

Well, I have to give hats off to you...I've wanted the "The Hot Springs" for some time. I note, however, that some of the tracks contain dead air, or dead air + SFX. Is that merely a matter of how the movie is? It's been awhile since I've seen TLR.

#7 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,333 posts

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 04:46 AM

Well, I tried to listen to the tracks before exporting them so that I could remove any dead air - guess I missed some. Dead air is a result of there not being any music during a scene.

Posted Image

#8 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,859 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 05:19 PM

"Welcome to Tesara" still has vehicle noises in it. Were those impossible to remove? They aren't too intrusive but they still sound a bit off.But thank you so much for doing this I have wanted that track for a long time.

When you're burnin' down, when you're burnin' down

ghostsnstuff.jpg

It's the way that you fake it I know it's too late

#9 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,333 posts

Posted Jun 11 2012 - 07:14 PM

I tried to remove the vehicle sounds, but the track ended up sounding even worse, so I decided to just leave it unaltered.Glad you like it. I think in the future I may try doing complete scores for the other three movies.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users