• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle: The Legend Reborn Soundtrack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,432 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 31 2012 - 05:17 AM

Although many fans have made soundtracks from the media (me being one of them) I noticed recently that no one's attempted work at a TLR soundtrack. So here I am, with 33 tracks of TLR greatness.Although some fans gripe about the poorly done soundtrack by John D'Andrea, I think the problem is that we were too focused on the movie to notice the music. A lot of it is actually very good, notably "Tesara" and "The Hot Springs".

Posted Image

33 Tracks|320kbps|MP3 Format|1.2 hours

Tracklist:

Spoiler

The fateful link, which is 163.07 MB: http://www.mediafire...h7wjvt4tnray6n0

For those wondering, I made this by ripping the DVD audio and running it through Audacity. This DVD had some pretty strict stereo, so I made one channel inverted and changed both to mono, which successfully removed the majority of sound effects. The only time SFX are really a problem is in "Prisoners of War".

By the way, you may notice on the cover it says "Complete Motion Picture Score". A Complete Score is all or almost all the music from a movie, and then some. An official soundtrack (or "OST" for short) mostly doesn't have all the music from a movie. I'd say there's about twenty seconds of audio I didn't include, so this is a Complete Score. The only thing better than a Complete Score is the Recording Sessions.

If you deem it legal, I can include Linkin Park's "Announcement Service Public" because it was featured in one of the trailers. But if you think it's illegal and therefore "bad" to include it, I won't.

Anyway, happy listening.

"habeo hīc adagium falsum ut callidus videar.~ Nemo

MASK OF LIGHT SOUNDTRACK - REVIEW!

New Old Video - 10 Years of G1, and Hello G2! Check it out!

#2 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • A Seventh Toa

• 10-December 04
  • 6,395 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 08:06 AM

Funny, I was recently thinking about the same thing. I just don't have the skills to do something like this. Great someone did! :biggrin: Downloading...And by the way, no, not illegal, please do it. :D

Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Jun 01 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#3 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-April 07
  • 3,173 posts

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 11:08 AM

Nice! Thanks for making this. I'll put this on my iPod when I get the chance.
--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#4 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • A Seventh Toa

• 10-December 04
  • 6,395 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 12:37 PM

I've been listening to the tracks. Good job! But I also noticed that the music is nowhere near as good as Nathan Furst's. :(Are you planning to do the enhanced Bohrok Online Animation Soundtracks?

#5 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,432 posts

Posted Jun 01 2012 - 03:35 PM

Funny, I was recently thinking about the same thing. I just don't have the skills to do something like this. Great someone did! :biggrin: Downloading...And by the way, no, not illegal, please do it. :biggrin:

Actually, I think it might be a bit unlawful, but whatever... http://www.mediafire...xddi3qru3mbmlvc

Are you planning to do the enhanced Bohrok Online Animation Soundtracks?

It's on my to-do list. Right now my primary concerns are making The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes soundtracks and writing an epic for BZP. Also on my to-do list are to make an extra track to this for Metus' Revenge, make a soundtrack to the video game of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and make complete scores of the first three BIONICLE movies.

#6 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Banned Members
  • Savage Blizzard Awakened

• 05-July 10
  • 11,025 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 03 2012 - 11:30 PM

Well, I have to give hats off to you...I've wanted the "The Hot Springs" for some time. I note, however, that some of the tracks contain dead air, or dead air + SFX. Is that merely a matter of how the movie is? It's been awhile since I've seen TLR.

#7 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,432 posts

Posted Jun 04 2012 - 04:46 AM

Well, I tried to listen to the tracks before exporting them so that I could remove any dead air - guess I missed some. Dead air is a result of there not being any music during a scene.

#8 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • don't know if leave is possible

• 01-February 08
  • 6,906 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 08 2012 - 05:19 PM

"Welcome to Tesara" still has vehicle noises in it. Were those impossible to remove? They aren't too intrusive but they still sound a bit off.But thank you so much for doing this I have wanted that track for a long time.

catnoir.jpg

#9 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,432 posts

Posted Jun 11 2012 - 07:14 PM

I tried to remove the vehicle sounds, but the track ended up sounding even worse, so I decided to just leave it unaltered.Glad you like it. I think in the future I may try doing complete scores for the other three movies.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users