Art Of Bionicle Book: Would You Buy One?

Crunchyn

Lately, we've been seeing such great concepts and behind the scenes from Bionicle and it got me wondering. If they were to ever produce an Art of Bionicle book, would you get it? Now I know that would never happened, but we can only dream. Would you get it and what would you like to see in there? How many pages should it be?Personally, I would love to see sketches and pencil drawings from the comic artists, storyboards from the movies and also if they exist, drawings of the designs of the parts and masks. :)

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I think something that goes through the design and planning process for every year would be a very interesting read. Like have it divided into a chapter for each year, and each chapter is loaded with images from the planning stages to the final product, with descriptions of what the process is like.Not only would it provide some really good art and stuff, it would give some really nice insight into what exactly is behind the story that we read.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'd get it if it had exclusive art of characters that don't have canon appearances, such as Lariska and Helryx.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I could be wrong, but I think this is something of a 'What If?' topic. ;)Anyway, honestly speaking? No. Not because I'm not a fan of BIONICLE, but depending on the price. If they were asking anything over $10 for it, I'd rather use my money for going to buy beads and whatnot for jewelry, considering I can make money from making bracelets and selling them. Just a better deal to get the jewelry instead if they did release one for $10 or more in price.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'd love such a thing, and would buy it even if all it had was art, but I'd appreciate if it focused not only on the art, but also on the other aspects of the theme's development. Some more detail on how BIONICLE was first conceived, including how they came up with the Polynesian-derived names (many of which later had to be changed after the Maori controversy). And it would be nice if it featured other production materials, such as pictures of prototype sets. Development materials for games like the MNOG would be great, too. Or even a primarily-text summary of how the band Cryoshell was formed to do music for 2007's commercials, and how they've grown since then.BIONICLE's branches spread wide, and the theme took the form of many types of media. An book detailing how all this was created would be the ultimate retrospective of what remains one of LEGO's most ambitious and spectacular themes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Possibly, but it depends on what's in it. I'd have to check it out before I'd buy it though. The idea would be great though, and I'd love to see one be released.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I recently worked on a video project for English with some classmates. We communicated through a group on a certain social networking site. Reading back through those posts was more entertaining than the lackluster results. So if Bionicle is so great, the concepts are going to be far more interesting.

aouROFb.png

I would buy it if it were more than just a compilation of random original sketches; Bfahome's idea is a bit more in-line with something I would buy. A compilation of storyboards, evolving character designs, and so on would definitely interest me.

I could be wrong, but I think this is something of a 'What If?' topic. ;)

It's not. This is very much possible.~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I think something that goes through the design and planning process for every year would be a very interesting read. Like have it divided into a chapter for each year, and each chapter is loaded with images from the planning stages to the final product, with descriptions of what the process is like.Not only would it provide some really good art and stuff, it would give some really nice insight into what exactly is behind the story that we read.

This would be much more appealing to me as well. Artbooks are nice and all, but getting a look at development and the like is always fascinating.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I would love a book like that.If it was sort of like the Faber Files, but art from all the artists.Concepts, unfinished sketches...Plus I'd buy anything with new Leigh Gallagher Bionicle art.

jlovfkk.jpg

I'd be all for that! I love looking at art books and seeing where a concept started and how it progressed to the final design and product. Like other's have mentioned, it would be neat to see how each year was planned and the work that went into it. Being an illustration/concept design major, I'd personally love to see tons of the earliest drafts for different characters and settings, and even "scrapped" ideas as well that never made the final cut. The one concern I'd have is the price-to-content ratio. I don't mind paying a bit more for an art book so long as there is an adequate amount of content to justify the price. (Which is saying a lot coming from me. I tend to buy my books second hand & used, but I'd buy this new if I felt the content was worth the price,)

• 2 weeks later...

They wouldn't sell it where I live, as it simply wouldn't be profitable, so I'd likely have to buy it online.But even then, who would buy it?Bionicle stopped being a thing for a reason, and not every Bionicle fan would even want that book. Remember how well the last Bionicle books line went? Not very well.

Starting a new comic series soon.

You know that picture of Fry from Futurama? The one captioned "Shut up and take my money!"? Yeah, that would sum up my feelings on the matter.

Edited by The One who is Gone
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

• 4 years later...

I'd buy it over 1000% I thoroughly enjoyed the concept pictures already posted by Bionicle and I think I'd absolutely love it XD

Posting after 60 days? Seems like revival to me...

*Dr. Frankenstein voice* IT'S ALIVE.

*Mary Shelley voice* No. It's closed. Topic closed.

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg