Lego Lotr Video Game Trailer Released

As we reported earlier last month, a new video game was confirmed for the LEGO Lord of the Rings line. Well, now you can see for yourself, as a brief trailer for the game has appeared on the LEGO LotR website. Beginning with the classic mantra from the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring film, the trailer shows a few short cutscene clips from the chase to the Bridge of Khazad-dûm. While there is no gameplay footage for now, it appears that the game will feature voice-acting and music from the films themselves. Excited yet? Go watch it now!View the full article

Yes! The voice acting sounds great! My only fear about this game was that it would be hard showing LOTR's plot without diologue. I hope the Balrog will be a set, and can't wait to get this game! It seems like Lego took the sound straight from the movies. Anyone know whether the game is just the trilogy or if it includes The Hobbit too?

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Still on the fence about voice acting...Oh well. The game looks great. Haven't played many Lego games recently, but I'll be sure to get and play this one.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

This looks awesome. It looks to me as if the graphics from the games in general have been improved, which is going to look awesome when released. I seriously cannot wait for this.I'm not sure what to think about the voices. I doubt that they'll be able to used sound clips from the actual movie without speical permission, as they'd technically be selling film-copyrighted material within the game. I don't know exactly how copyright in this area works, but I'd imagine somebody would get a bit upset if material was taken from their film directly. At the same time, if voices were to be used, it wouldn't be 'right' if it were other people voicing the characters directly, so they'd have to use the clips from the film...I would personally prefer them not to use voices in this. Lord of the Rings is indeed something where more than just grunting figures would be needed to convey the story, although having gotten used to what we've had for so many years, it will take some time getting used to. I can't quite imagine the humour of LEGO games coupled with the epic dialogue of the films working somehow. If something humourous follows that "You shall not pass" speech, it just wouldn't seem right and would be very anticlimactic. This works with the others because of the lack of speech, and we know that it is not meant to be serious because of this. Voices would make the very humourous game series too serious, and therefore would not truly appeal to their 'true' target audience. They managed to make the last three HP films kid-friendly and fun, so if doing the same thing to the LotR films will make them more universally appealing, they'd do it again.We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm super excited for this. It looks great. I'll be interested to see how they make such a serious, epic film humerous as the Lego video games are. On the other hand, I'm glad they haven't gon overboard on the cheesyness.]I will be getting this game. Even if I have to pay full price, which is saying a lot.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I am a little nervous about the voice actors. Frodo seemed flawless...but Faramir seemed a little monotone. He would be a good voice for Kopaka, though. :lol:I see alot has been kept true to the film. This certainly looks like they know what the fans want.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

LEGO's shtick with video games was the character's muteness. And it worked fine (as long as you knew the basic plot of the source media). And voices potentially COULD work in their games if they were used correctly.So far I'm not impressed. In Batman 2 the voices are used to tell awful jokes and it seems that from this LotR trailer they're copying the movie word for word.Maybe I'm wrong (I am a lot) but until I see some more footage I'm going to criticize the voices.I just hope there aren't voices during gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...