Between the Bookends

Aderia

Bookends.png.b9e4046ec64b53986e59aaaffd7d3ecf.png

Between the Bookends
Aderia's Library Collection 

Whew. Dusty in here. Hope you don't mind.

Take your time, browse around, but please don't try to re-shelve books yourself. 

433837395_ScreenShot2020-09-21at11_35_29PM.png.2a99e20b1507546bd6bf4ae75a37a8b0.png

Review Topic

2020-21 project! Probably a duology of epics, but 'saga' sounded better. Can't rule out additional short stories after the fact. 

Water's Will - Short story. In a time where titans ruled and fought, vying for influence and power in the dawn of the Matoran Universe, one keen Toa of Water sees the need to enact great change, and the opportunity to do so. She takes it.  (Published 11/22/19) (prequel/tie in to The Ternion)

The Ternion -  Epic. Complete!! A stasis capsule from an era past washes up on the shore of a small coastal town, Uahi, in the north-western region of the Northern Continent. A careful Toa of Fire, the sole guardian of the region so recently desolated by the conquests of the League of Six Kingdoms, is called to investigate. This is the story about what he found that day. (Published 11/15/19)

The Sculptors and the Smelters - Epic. The Matoran Civil War started out as precisely that - Matoran trying to be civil to each other. However, one should never underestimate the passive-aggressive capacity of a slighted Po-Matoran sculptor, nor the one-upping tenacity of a Ta-Matoran smelter. Unfortunately, they both underestimated one another in these regards, and the whole city paid the price. Companion to The Ternion, but also (hopefully) works as a standalone epic. 

Review Topic - this contains multiple appendices (aka, author's runaway headcanons) including character lists, a Northern Continent Compendium, and a guide to the Matoran Civil War. 

Metru Nui News Articles  - Flash fictions. News articles and other literature from daily life in Metru Nui before/during the Matoran Civil War. 
Mutant Snipes Take Northern Sculpture Fields by Reporter Kodan (12/18/19)
Dear Sanso - an advice column excerpt from your favorite musician (12/23/19)
From the Desk of Chief Editor Kopeke, a submission by Ehrye (12/30/19)
A Metru Nui Classified Ad by Archivist Mavrah (01/07/20)
A Ta-Matoran Obituary, written in loving memory by Aft (01/14/20)

Short Stories 

The Last Ember DayEven the Turaga of Metru Nui can't know how a seemingly idyllic day will end. (10/27/2020) Author's note: I tried writing something scary for this Halloween! New territory for me, for the most part! We've only really seen impostor Dume. I like to think he was a legitimately good Turaga, who tried to do what was best by his people, while still keeping a functioning city. But bad things still happen to good Turagas, unfortunately.

That Wistful Place Above  - A certain shape-shifter, recently recovered from her defeat at the hands of the Toa Metru, takes a gander up-world. (11/9/2020). 

Older Works 
(disclaimer...these are from that angsty high school phase that I'm pretty sure we all went through. But I stand by my works. Most of them. The ones I don't, I got rid of XD) 

Reality's Fantasy - Kind of a flash fiction.There are two sides to every fight. The winning side, and the losing side. After a fateful clash of the titans for the control of Creation itself, two beings draw the conflict to a close once and for all. (2012)
Black Diamonds One being reminiscing amongst the ruins of Odina. (Published 1/26/11) 
The Lonely - Solitary confinement is not kind to the Fallen Toa Mangai of Water. 
All Our Sins Remembered The haunting of a Toa of Iron by Pride, Anger, Envy, Lust, Fear, and even Death, and how it tears his team of Toa apart. SSC8 Entry, (Published 11/15/11)
Dark Vanity Roodaka VS. Lariska, a hypothetical showdown between the two. Also see 'Femme Fatality" by Tyler Durden. (published 6/12/12)
Perfectionist "You were created to be perfect. Anything less is unacceptable." A tale of a manipulated Son of the Makuta and his place in the world. (Published 9/5/11) Also see: Faux
Faux - Epic. If Makuta are analgous to Toa, then this is the story about a Matoran version of Makuta. This is his story. Discontinued. Review Topic

Flash Fiction 2012 Bionicle Entries (Flash Fiction Marathon Contest Entries List)

Theme 1: Visions The Visionary
Theme 3: Legends of Lhii Who Is Your Hero?
Theme 5: Flight Black Spike Sentry
Theme 7: Alternate Universes Sidorak's Zoo
Theme 9: The Legacy Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
Theme 11: Music Spiriah's Symphony

COT Short Stories

River, Oh River, Flow Gently For Me Short Story, songfic to 'River Lullaby' from The Prince of Egypt, inspired by real life events. (Published 7/1/2012)
Holiday Cheer - Everyone deserves a kitten for Christmas, right? Even the brats. 
Refrigerator Art - A second-grader draws an interesting picture, to the concern of his teacher. 

Other Media

The Duchess - Short 2D RPG made with RPG Maker MV. Play as a family cat drawn into a small adventure after the arrival of an unexpected visitor.

How to Impress Your Sister with Chinese - Link to blog entry. A series of informal lessons to introduce Mandarin Chinese (my major in college and a big part of my heritage) made for a friend at work, and I decided, why not share a bit more on the internet? I know anyone can learn anything about any language with the internet nowadays, so what's to lose, throwing my hat on the pile? 

image.png.11a6ada67c59edd1a2a3158d1cae08a4.png
A Bionicle-ization of the popular board game, Catan! 

The Library's Library of Libraries (ie, recommended reading)

GSR
outofgloom ( Tolkein )

Edited by Aderia
Adding pictures since they're worth a thousand words each, at least.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Yeah! This needed to be done long ago. Nice library and can't wait to watch it fill up as the months go by. You know I'll be here often. :3

Haha, yeahh, I finally got around to it! *happydance* :D And if you're gonna be here often, I should probably look into getting some furniture and a latte machine.

haha, oh good now i don't have to dig around in the backpages of this forum to find these :)also, it must have taken forever to get all those links for your reccommendations!

Yepp, all your creeping done for your. No need to dig around XP And yeah, getting the links was a pain in the butt, but I had nothing better to do at the time.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)

• 1 month later...

There, out in the darkness,a library running, fallen from view. Fallen from use, God be my witness! I never shall yield, 'till it comes to the front! 'till it comes to the front. Yes Ads, I know you will kill me, but I could not resist.Anyways, You forgot to link to Grant's profile, but aside from that, I couldn't find any spelling errors. The format was nice and-Why am I giving you a review of your library? XD

Why?Why would you do this to me? Butcher Les Mis lyrics in my library? MY library?...This is unforgiveable.And yes, I know Grant's profile link is missing, just because it is already linked too earlier in the topic =P I would not forget something like that. You continue to insult me *sniff*This means war.