Soran

chimoru_r_header_by_soarinskies-d8qwk53.

Due to countless people asking about the sprite kit, I have decided to post the topic. The Chimoru R kit is a Fan kit of the Chimoru Kit. The kit is completely customizable, as well as animation friendly, and contains a large amount of premade poses. The kit is six shade, and multi-colored for further customization instead of just a standard look. So withoutfurther ado I present the Chimoru R kit.

Link

chimoru_r_alt.png

Toa Sprite Sheet Link

Toa Nuva Sprite Sheet Link

Turaga Sprite Sheet (With Robes)

Turaga Sprite Sheet (Without Robes)

Credits List:

Soran

Dark709

King Lehvak

Gerlicky

Feline Oneker

Vataki Teridax

Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Click

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 7
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Wow, that's pretty good. It definitely deviates from the base Chimoru Omega/Alpha kit, and it sort of reminds me of Chimoru/2.0. I like it.However, since I hardly ever make comics anymore, I probably won't switch to this kit. :DHowever, I will advertise it in my sig, if you'd like.

banner.jpg

Wow, that's pretty good. It definitely deviates from the base Chimoru Omega/Alpha kit, and it sort of reminds me of Chimoru/2.0. I like it.However, since I hardly ever make comics anymore, I probably won't switch to this kit. :biggrin:However, I will advertise it in my sig, if you'd like.

Actually, everything except the legs and heads/masks were based off of chimoru alpha. The body is just an edited version of it. Glad you like the kit. That would be kind if you would advertise it.

So glad you posted this here. It is truly fantastic, I will be using this for my CC2 entry and maybe even my regular comics if you can sprite a Sanok (hint hint). Just kidding (well not really), great job as always.

Thanks. I just finished spriting the Sanok and updated the kit.

Incredible revamp! I really admire the detail! Expect me to use it!

Thanks.Kit update: I just finished creating a Sanok for the kit. Other masks that were requested are the Kanohi Faxon and Great Kanohi Ruru. Anything else that you people request I make besides the masks listed above?~Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Thank you, it looks phenomenal. I only have one more request: could you resprite this mask/head? Thanks in advance!

I might be able to, but I'm not sure what head/mask is that. I know it looks like a piraka head, but which one is it suppose to be? Or is it a custom one?EDIT: Nevermind I just read the file name. *Face Palm* Edited by Soran

Thank you, it looks phenomenal. I only have one more request: could you resprite this mask/head? Thanks in advance!

I might be able to, but I'm not sure what head/mask is that. I know it looks like a piraka head, but which one is it suppose to be? Or is it a custom one?
It's the Nekktan's head. Edited by Dark Pit: Servant to None

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I like this kitI liked this kit so muchI'm currently using it. :PBut seriously, it's a lot more accurate than Chimoru Omega or Chimoru Alpha are. I can say without a problem that this is my favorite kit at this point.Excellent job!

naw man

Will there be a Noble Huna and a Pakari? :???:

Edited by Feline Oneker

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Nice job, as I said through PM, it's very well-detailed. The shading on the masks is especially fantastic.As for requests, how about a Hau Nuva and Hau Mistika? (I think you know why.)

Thank you. I'm not sure if I will make a Hau nuva considering the 6 shaded one in the regular kit looks good, and I'm not sure if I will be able to make a better one. As for a Hau Mistika, I'm sure I can make that. I'll add it to the list.

Will there be a Noble Huna and a Pakrai? :???:

Unless you request one to be made of those two then no. I'm going to consider those two to be requests though, so I'll add them to the list as well. ~Soran

Nice job, as I said through PM, it's very well-detailed. The shading on the masks is especially fantastic.As for requests, how about a Hau Nuva and Hau Mistika? (I think you know why.)

Thank you. I'm not sure if I will make a Hau nuva considering the 6 shaded one in the regular kit looks good, and I'm not sure if I will be able to make a better one. As for a Hau Mistika, I'm sure I can make that. I'll add it to the list.

Will there be a Noble Huna and a Pakrai? :???:

Unless you request one to be made of those two then no. I'm going to consider those two to be requests though, so I'll add them to the list as well.~Soran
I might be using this kit in Season 2 of my comics.Oh and here's the Noble Rau. Click here!I don't know if the sixshading is good thought.If it isn't good you can edit it if you want.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

I might be using this kit in Season 2 of my comics.Oh and here's the Noble Rau. Click here!I don't know if the sixshading is good thought.If it isn't good you can edit it if you want.

Looks pretty good, Nice job. I might edit it a little bit if that is alright with you. For those of you who wish to show support for the Chimoru R project through your signature, here is a banner that I created.
chimoru_r_banner.png

42kb

~Soran

Edited by Soran

Thanks for doing the Lhikan Hau! Now, I'm going to be giving a review of this kit, a brief one.First, this is a great Chimoru-style kit- it fixes lots of problems Chimoru Alpha had, and keeps what Chimoru did right. I love the new Avohkii, which looks much more detailed and well-shaded, and the other masks look great as well. The abundance of posing and custom parts make this kit strong for more detailed comics, and the entire kit just feels well-organized, sleek, and fun to use. 10/10, I'll make comics with this for sure... when I get around to getting the stuff to make comics.

TLoMN_Po-Koro_Celebration.png

@Arga: Thanks.@Piraka: The kit is easy to recolor, it was designed so that you could achieve further customization. I'm sorry to say that I won't be making the sprite sheet two different colors.@Leraku: I have a prototype Faxon which I have made. I'm not sure if it looks good or not which is the main reason I haven't added it.~SoranEDIT: Kanohi Pakari just created.

Edited by Soran

could you sprite an akaku for me?also, i think you should include metru nui powerless masks, the ones with silver on top

Sure thing, I'll probably start spriting the Akaku soon. I'm going to assume you want the regular Akaku.I'll probably do Metru stripping (I think that is what it's called) as soon as I finish the rest of the 01 masks.Update to kitFinished Spinnies: Kraahkan, Great Huna, Noble RuruAdded: Noble Mahiki, Visored maskless head (Edited from Vataki's he made me so be sure to give him credit).Fixed: Avohkii, yellow eye color.~Soran

Wow, this is an exceptional Chimoru spritesheet, Soran. You've done an amazing job with it and it's probably one of the best edits of them all. I can see you have a lot of potential with spriting. I do have a few minor suggestions, though. First of all, the diagonal back views need a bit of work on the feet. It appears that one of the feet is pointed backwards and one forwards. If you edit it a bit, it will be just fine. That's very minor, however, and it takes a good look over it to find it. And actually I have nothing else to critique, so now I will praise your work even more. Your masks are very intricately designed and are similar to the original Chimoru masks, yet have their own unique style to them. I actually might consider making some additions for this kit. And in the future, I will probably use this in my comics or something around those lines. I have one request, however. Could you make the Miru Nuva? That would be great if you could.-Rez

When it says Skakdi head on the request list, does that include an actual skull? If not, then I need it, so it'd be nice if you could make me one. This kit looks fantastic, especially the masks. If I wanna make comics again, I think I would pick this one. Because my 4shade MP5 kit is lost and all the other kits are boring by now. =P This is great, KUTGW!

Wow, this is an exceptional Chimoru spritesheet, Soran. You've done an amazing job with it and it's probably one of the best edits of them all. I can see you have a lot of potential with spriting. I do have a few minor suggestions, though. First of all, the diagonal back views need a bit of work on the feet. It appears that one of the feet is pointed backwards and one forwards. If you edit it a bit, it will be just fine. That's very minor, however, and it takes a good look over it to find it. And actually I have nothing else to critique, so now I will praise your work even more. Your masks are very intricately designed and are similar to the original Chimoru masks, yet have their own unique style to them. I actually might consider making some additions for this kit. And in the future, I will probably use this in my comics or something around those lines. I have one request, however. Could you make the Miru Nuva? That would be great if you could.-Rez

Thank you very much. I noticed the back view aswell. I'm not sure how I'm going to actually change it but I'll try something because I do agree with you that it does look odd. The unique style I use for the masks is actually taking time to examine the details of how they look at each angle. A lot of the chimoru kit was really deformed which is the main reason why I made this kit. Although my masks do have still some issues as well, in my opinion they look a lot better then the original versions. Since this kit is a fan kit however it is compatible with the original masks so if anyone likes any of the original masks then they can easily just use the originals. I've added the Miru Nuva to the list. I actually made one a while ago it just ended up too big for the body. I'm trying to scale it down while still looking recognizable as a Miru Nuva.

When it says Skakdi head on the request list, does that include an actual skull? If not, then I need it, so it'd be nice if you could make me one.This kit looks fantastic, especially the masks. If I wanna make comics again, I think I would pick this one. Because my 4shade MP5 kit is lost and all the other kits are boring by now. =PThis is great, KUTGW!

The Skakdi head was a unique custom head meant to resemble the piraka's "Face". It was requested by Arga and I'm not sure if I'll actually add it to the actual kit or not. I might add it and sprite some more skakdi heads for different looks. The actual skull was made before the skakdi head was made, so yes I did create the skull. I don't have a full 360 however, I only created the front, 45 degree angled, and the side. I didn't make any of the back views yet. I'll add what I did make to the kit and probably make the rest of it later.Thank you, I spent a lot of time on the masks. I actually hope you do make comics again because I did enjoy them.

Hmm, this is pretty good. The bodies remind me slightly of MoL, wich is completely awesome.This could get big.

Well the bodies were based off of another kit (RZMIK) which was based off of the MoL look so it does look similar to that in a way. I didn't really focus on making the kit look similar to the MoL like I normally do with other kits, so its somewhat of a coincidence that it turned out that way. I think it would be nice if it did get big, it'll not only boost my ego but also make me feel as if my time wasn't wasted. Then again I'm using these for some serious comics I'm making so even if no one uses it it still isn't a waste.Sorry about the lack of updates guys, I'll try to update more in the future. Because of the Comic contest, I don't have as much time as I did before to work on the kit.There is one thing I've considered making because a lot of people have requested it. I've considered making a female version of the Chimoru R kit, so I probably won't focus on mask requests for a little while. I've also considered making toa.Anyway, thank you for the support,~Soran

Just created a prototype female body.prototype_female_body.pngI think it looks alright but its right arm probably needs to be moved 1 pixel farther. They look way too close together and make the mask look awkward on the body. That is just my opinion, what are yours?~Soran

I think it looks good.If you move it or not, it'll probably work.
I'm keeping it as it is and already starting to make the spritesheet.
@Soran: Oops, didn't see the skakdi skull there. /facepalm. Thanks for the information though.
Actually I just added it when you mentioned it. No problem.
This kit is great! Fine spriting and probably good for animation.I'm wondering why it's called Chimoru "R" though.
I might post some of the animations like a walk animation just to display its animation qualities. The original name was just "Chimoru Redone" but Gavla had suggested that I call it Chimoru "R" for short.
Hmmm... Wait. I just thought of something. When i titled that PM awhile ago 'Chimoru ARRRR', is that why you made the banner like that? Hahaha.I feel like i contributed somehow.
I actually thought of the pirate thing when I first called it Chimoru R but then I forgot about it. Your pm did remind me of the pirate thing though so you did contribute although indirectly. I didn't want the banner to be too big so I wanted a silent, visual joke which is where Akino dressed as a pirate came from.Alright I made a walk cycle for the female Spritesheet already, so its going pretty well. Not much to update on since I've been working on comics. To those people already using the kit: The current body is technically neutral gender. The female body being made is only for those who wish to show a more distinct change.~Soran

Just created a prototype female body.prototype_female_body.pngI think it looks alright but its right arm probably needs to be moved 1 pixel farther. They look way too close together and make the mask look awkward on the body. That is just my opinion, what are yours?~Soran
OH that's Tammy....it took me a day to realize that...lol....any way nice job it does look very uhhh femaleish.....

OH that's Tammy....it took me a day to realize that...lol....any way nice job it does look very uhhh femaleish.....
Actually that isn't anyone. The colors I use for all my kits is green and orange unless multi-colored. Considering that the most overused mask for a female character in comics is the Kaukau, I let the example wear one.~Soran

Actually that isn't anyone. The colors I use for all my kits is green and orange unless multi-colored. Considering that the most overused mask for a female character in comics is the Kaukau, I let the example wear one.~Soran
Yeah it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over used....Any way also I would like to see a Mistika Hau Nuva.

Yeah it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over used....Any way also I would like to see a Mistika Hau Nuva.
TNG Prime approves of this post, for obvious (If you read my post) reasons.

Pk57sNJ.jpg