Soran

Alright guys, time for an update.Just finished the female spritesheet, fixed some color glitches, and did some minor editing.Anyway, here is the new version of the kit,LinkAlso to those who are requesting certain things: Please check if its on the list on the first post. If it is then you don't need to worry about requesting them. I'll get them done in due time.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I actually have a lot of time normally to sprite masks and such but since I'm participating in the comic contest I don't have as much time since my entry is taking quite a bit of effort in the making. I try to dedicate whatever time I have to my entry at the moment, with whatever left over time to the kit. I'm sorry for not being able to keep up on some of the requests and I hope you can forgive me.~SoranEDIT: Mistika Hau Nuva added

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Wow, I wasn't mad at all, and yet you added it! Thanks, really wasn't expecting that! (I know I'm not good at fast service.) Excellent work on the mask, it's more bulky so it doesn't seem like it's choking the wearer's face anymore. You did a great job of realistically shading it, and now I can make TNG in Chimoru R with his current mask!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Wow, I wasn't mad at all, and yet you added it! Thanks, really wasn't expecting that! (I know I'm not good at fast service.)Excellent work on the mask, it's more bulky so it doesn't seem like it's choking the wearer's face anymore. You did a great job of realistically shading it, and now I can make TNG in Chimoru R with his current mask!
Thanks, I'm glad that you like it. I was worried about how it looked.Update: Akaku added.~Soran

I wissh I could use this kit. For some reason it won't work for me.
What seems to be the problem with the kit?
It won't recolor for me also here is a banner.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SKAKDI/LEGO/BIONICLE/ChimoruR/chimoru_r_noob_banner.pngNot much of a contribution, but it's something.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SKAKDI/LEGO/BIONICLE/ChimoruR/bigeyes.png

Like hos much more detail and shading this kit has!!
Thanks.
I wissh I could use this kit. For some reason it won't work for me.
What seems to be the problem with the kit?
It won't recolor for me also here is a banner.http://www.brickshel...noob_banner.pngNot much of a contribution, but it's something.http://www.brickshel...ruR/bigeyes.png
Its just like recoloring the mnog kit. Are you using the right color selections? They are the ones at the top.
HMM THIS LOOKS FAMILIARchomparison.pngnot sure why though
I was afraid of that when I first showed the kit on another site. The kit is mainly based off of Rzmik, Rayg, and of course Chimoru. The body was based off of Chimoru Alpha as well as Rzmik. The Arms are based off of Rzmik, as well as my extreme dislike for the regular Chimoru arms. Since the kit is designed to be animation friendly with walk cycles and such, the boots were created because they're a lot easier to make at different angles then regular Chimoru feet. The Chimoru feet are also incredibly deformed. The legs are easier to create in different angles then the regular chimoru legs as well, which is another reason for their design.The female varient body were designed to be similar to the male versions except of course a different body. The female body was created to be more similar to the rzmik body, with the arms closer to the body.~Soran

I'm gonna use this kit in the second season of my comics.When will the Noble Huna come out? :???:

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Ooh, nice one Soran. I'll use this in my next comic for a test run. Really liking the layout of the kit. I'll be sure to put credit for all those on the kit.~Gravity
Cool. I'm glad you like it.
I'm gonna use this kit in the second season of my comics.When will the Noble Huna come out? :???:
Cool. Because I'm working on my comic contest entry, there isn't much time for updates on the kit for the rest of the month. I'll try to make the huna though. ~Soran

Yeah here's like a "test" of Chimoru R for me. I guess you can classify it as a Fan Comic of sorts.Here.~Gravity
I'm not really sure that belongs here. Also the body that was used was female in case you didn't know (Unless that is a girl, can't really tell with regular chimoru sprites)Anyway, Noble huna added.~Soran

Yeah here's like a "test" of Chimoru R for me. I guess you can classify it as a Fan Comic of sorts.Here.~Gravity
I'm not really sure that belongs here. Also the body that was used was female in case you didn't know (Unless that is a girl, can't really tell with regular chimoru sprites)Anyway, Noble huna added.~Soran
Well that basicly defines my observation skills.Anyways, this seems like the only place to put something realted to Chimoru R.*Shrug*~Gravity

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since there was an update, sorry about that but since the comic contest is over I should be able to update more often, so expect more soon. As for now I added the Kanohi Calix.~Soran

I may have to give up on Chimoru-Kal now. Kidding, but this looks good.Great job. I'm not a huge fan of they way you made some of the masks though. Some of them feel kind of flat.Look a ton like what the ICC uses though...I guess I'm obligated to request a Kualsi. And maybe a Metrutoran body. (If you make the base, I can finish the sheet.)I'd do it, but this is really your style and I can't pull it off. Keep it up.

Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I may have to give up on Chimoru-Kal now. Kidding, but this looks good.Great job. I'm not a huge fan of they way you made some of the masks though. Some of them feel kind of flat.Look a ton like what the ICC uses though...I guess I'm obligated to request a Kualsi. And maybe a Metrutoran body. (If you make the base, I can finish the sheet.)I'd do it, but this is really your style and I can't pull it off. Keep it up.
The masks were created to actually look like the real masks and not deformed as most of the regular chimoru masks are. I do agree with you that some of them look flat but there aren't really that many ways to fix it while still looking like the real thing. The Chimoru III kit's masks look like they were created to actually look like the real thing through proportions, size, and detail. I've already planned on making a metruan body already so you don't need to worry about that. I've added the kualsi to the mask request section. I normally don't like having other people help with the kit because it is a fan kit. Its basically making a fan kit of a fan kit. Thanks.Preview of possible final product of the turaga.turaga_preview.pngI might make the length in between the arms a bit wider. ~Soran

I've been working on a Rahkshi head. Click Here!I don't know if its good but you can edit it if you want.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

I've been working on a Rahkshi head. Click Here!I don't know if its good but you can edit it if you want.
Looks great, I might edit it a little bit and make a full 360. Awesome work.~SoranEdit: Added Rahkshi Head and Alternate feet poses. Edited by Soran

Some of the masks here are pretty nice, but the bodies do seem to veer incredibly close to what we have. Normally I'd chalk that up to coincidence, but considering you petitioned Tav to make a fan addition for us, it's kind of a close call.I will commend you on that Calix, though; it's one of the better ones I've seen made around here.

That Calix is awesome. I just wish it could really fit on that head.For me, the Calix has always been one of the hardest masks to make in any form, sprite or drawing.
Thanks, I do too. It actually was even more difficult to sprite because I didn't have the actual mask, I had to look up pictures of it online at all angles.
Some of the masks here are pretty nice, but the bodies do seem to veer incredibly close to what we have. Normally I'd chalk that up to coincidence, but considering you petitioned Tav to make a fan addition for us, it's kind of a close call.I will commend you on that Calix, though; it's one of the better ones I've seen made around here.
Thanks, I was afraid of the bodies being like that. As I explained to Philbert above, (I'll save the details) the bodies were basically Chimoru alpha in scale, RZMIK was basically how the body and arms were meant to look like, and Rayg was the animation qualities such as the walking sprite. The arms and legs and feet were mainly created just because they're easier to sprite in different angles for a walk cycle, plus I hate the regular Chimoru arms and feet with a passion. The fan addition at the time was mainly because I had no idea what to do with the masks I created at the time which was before I created this kit which now uses the masks. Good to know that the Calix was successful, I tried to get it to look right, although a few of the angles are off in certain places and I messed up a little on the back.Kit update: Great Mahiki Added.Darn Mahiki was annoying to make. It took me 3 attempts before it actually managed to look right... Anyway, if the kit's colors are slightly lighter/darker/whatever that is mainly because the laptop I'm using (my brother's) messes with some of the colors sometimes.~Soran

The masks were created to actually look like the real masks and not deformed as most of the regular chimoru masks are. I do agree with you that some of them look flat but there aren't really that many ways to fix it while still looking like the real thing. The Chimoru III kit's masks look like they were created to actually look like the real thing through proportions, size, and detail.I've already planned on making a metruan body already so you don't need to worry about that. I've added the kualsi to the mask request section. I normally don't like having other people help with the kit because it is a fan kit. Its basically making a fan kit of a fan kit. Thanks.Preview of possible final product of the turaga.turaga_preview.pngI might make the length in between the arms a bit wider.~Soran
Will there be a Toa Body? If there will be, will it be Toa Nuva? :???:

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

Will there be a Toa Body? If there will be, will it be Toa Nuva? :???:
Yes there will be a toa body. I'm planning on making both a regular Toa and Toa Nuva. I already have the torso and feet figured out, I still have yet to figure out how I'm going to make the arms and legs look. There won't be much difference between the regular Toa and Toa Nuva bodies however.~Soran

man this is incredibly easy to use! Thanks again soran!I really like this kit, easy to color, easy to use, and easy to make comics with. love the kit. LOVE THE KIT!Could you make an ignika mask and mask of life? And by the way, this is the best kit ever

Edited by Black Six
Double post merged --bones

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

• 3 weeks later...
man this is incredibly easy to use! Thanks again soran!I really like this kit, easy to color, easy to use, and easy to make comics with. love the kit. LOVE THE KIT!Could you make an ignika mask and mask of life? And by the way, this is the best kit ever
I'm glad you like it. I will add the ignika to the list. Out of curiosity is there a specific version of it you would like? I'll go ahead and make the regular one but if you want the voya-nui one, I'll create that one as well.Alright guys, sorry for lack of updates. I lost interest in art related things for a little while, I just wanted to take a break from it but now I'm back. Sadly, there is no major update. I thought I'd just show you guys a preview of the newest body I will be creating a full sprite sheet for.The "Metruan" (Metru Matoran)metru_matoran.pngSimilar to the other spritesheets, this one will also be multi-colored. I haven't decided if I'm going to make a female variant of it or not, if enough of you request it I will though.Other updates which may be happening soon include:Masks:Great Kanohi MatatuKanohi FaxonBodies:TuragaToa (I still need to figure out the legs.)And yeah, thats it I guess.~Soran Edited by Soran

Looks a lot better.I am seriously considering making comics, even if once in a while, and I will probably use this kit.
Thanks. I'll look forward to them if you do.
Considering your most recent comic, are you going to sprite a Hau Nuva? If not, go ahead and say I got a Hau Mistika instead--from my armory.I can even supply a background for a large, weapon-filled, highly exaggerated armory. Made in GIMP so as to fit your standards.
Yes I am going to sprite a Hau Nuva, its on the list after all, or it was on the list. Speaking of which:Update: Hau Nuva added~Soran

I thought I would make this in case it comes in handy. It's nothing much and I know it's not great, but if you would like to include it in your kit I would be honored.haporitohur.png(and yes, Hapori Tohu's body is terribly colored LOL)
I edited the gear color because it was a bit too light of a yellow to be accurate. So I used a light gold instead:haporitohur.png-Rez