• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Chimoru R Kit

Chimoru Fan Kit Sprite kit Six Shaded

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2012 - 09:53 AM

I thought I would make this in case it comes in handy. It's nothing much and I know it's not great, but if you would like to include it in your kit I would be honored.Posted Image(and yes, Hapori Tohu's body is terribly colored LOL)

I edited the gear color because it was a bit too light of a yellow to be accurate. So I used a light gold instead:Posted Image-Rez

WOW Thank You. That's Perfect :D

sig2_0.png

#82 Offline Tenuk

Tenuk
  • Members
  • Toa

• 107 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2012 - 03:43 PM

Considering your obvious skill with spiriting I think you should make your own unique kit. Artwork II could certainly use some fresh new kits.

Don't Click It

#83 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 12:48 PM

He actually did. I used it for awhile some time ago.

banner.png

Enjoy.

#84 Offline Restarting...

Restarting...
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 562 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 05:07 PM

Will there be any Hordika masks (or heads) for this kit?

Edited by Oneker: Toa of Felines, Sep 10 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#85 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 03:28 PM

No idea if I'll make any or not. Depends on how many reference photos I have since I have very few hordika sets.Update Guys. I know I haven't been spending a lot of time spriting, and I'm sorry about that. I've been rather bored with spriting and BZPower in general. Either way I'm back with updates. Not a large update sadly, only a few more masks.I added a fully complete Miru Nuva finally. The Miru Nuva is probably one of the more annoying masks to sprite out of all the masks I've made so far. At least I finally made one I'm happy with.I also added a prototype/incomplete section for the kit which is basically some masks that don't have complete spinnies or are just prototype masks for the kit. I might add prototype bodies as well since I have a few of those as well.~Soran

#86 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,902 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 01:40 AM

Glad to see you haven't quit. Nice work. The Miru Nuva is the second hardest mask for me to draw or sprite. the first being the Calix.

#87 Offline alrdy.Fate

alrdy.Fate
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 23 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2012 - 10:29 PM

The Kaukau looks really nice in this kit. The kit overall looks kinda like the ICC Chimoru Omega III.

#88 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 180 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 24 2012 - 01:06 AM

This kit is awesome. I especially like the Miru. I want to use the Kaukau for my character though.

signature.jpg

| Tahukan's Comics Mark II |

I love Tea.

#89 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 03:55 AM

New news update.Posted ImageThis specific image is just a life cycle I created to test out some things. In it you see the already created matoran, the turaga sprite I announced a while ago, and the new prototype Toa sprite! Now in the next update (which I don't know when will be happening, depends on how much time I will have during the day) I will be releasing a couple new masks as well as most likely the completed turaga sprite sheet and possibly (I doubt it) the Toa sprite sheet as well.Process on both:Turaga: Currently working on the 360 spinny of the turaga. Afterwards all I have to do is create all the poses and I'm done with it. The turaga was created to look a little similar to the ones in the bionicle movies which is why the body and feet and such were designed in such a way. Toa: I actually just created it a hour ago so its still in the prototype phase. I might make some changes to it, I don't know. if you guys think it looks fine then I'll just create the sprite sheet.The Toa was designed to look like a combination of the MoL Movie Toa as well as a larger version of the Matoran. As you can see, the torso of the toa looks similar to the matoran's, just in a more larger, longer scale. I am not sure if I'm going to stick with the Nuva legs or not for the standard toa. I've tried created other styles for the legs but they never really looked that good with the nuva one being the superior of the bunch. Now there are no official kit expansions yet, only a news update, sorry guys but at least you got to see whats coming up next.~Soran

#90 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,048 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 04:57 AM

(totally not feeling a bit out of place right now)Hey, so, since I've admired that kit ever since it was first posted (or adored it, whatever term you prefer), I thought I might as well drop by and take a look at the Toa.And it looks great. Especially the torso. It really has that MoL 'feeling', yet fits in with the general look of the Chimoru R kit. Well done.Thee's something slightly odd about the proportions, though. I think I know what you were going for, but the way it is now, the head appears a bit too big in comparison to the rest. :/I'd suggest making the feet a bit bigger so that you have some sort of 'counter-weight' to balance it out a bit (and maybe lengthen the legs a bit, but I'm not 100% sure about that) but of course, that's just my view of things. ;)Apart from that, it's really cool, though. ^^

snailshelltestscare.jpg

formerly known as Taka Nuvia or sometimes Demon Jester. ^^

#91 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,053 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 07:48 AM

I must say, that is the best toa sprite I've ever seen! All the ones in other kits either look too chubby or skinny, but this really brings and reflect to out my internal imagination of toa. Again, you've done a spectacular job, soran.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#92 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members

• 800 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 02:05 PM

I dont mean to be a downer, but the toa could use a bit more thigh and shoulder size, but who am i kidding, it's your kit! yet the turaga should be a pixle or two higher and the legs a bit more to the side of the waist. for set purposes. but I do like the... I forgot what it's called. the cloth thing. other than that, it's perfect!

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#93 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thee's something slightly odd about the proportions, though. I think I know what you were going for, but the way it is now, the head appears a bit too big in comparison to the rest. :/I'd suggest making the feet a bit bigger so that you have some sort of 'counter-weight' to balance it out a bit (and maybe lengthen the legs a bit, but I'm not 100% sure about that) but of course, that's just my view of things. ;)Apart from that, it's really cool, though. ^^

I actually agree with you on this and I went to check it out. I might have to make the toa a little bit bigger to make the things look right. When I was creating it I actually forgot to check it with the heads mainly just checking the size comparison with the bodies. It really depends on which mask was used, as I tried it with some more masks and some of them look great while others don't (like the hau and avohkii). Looks like I might have to change it up a little bit before releasing it.

I dont mean to be a downer, but the toa could use a bit more thigh and shoulder size, but who am i kidding, it's your kit! yet the turaga should be a pixle or two higher and the legs a bit more to the side of the waist. for set purposes. but I do like the... I forgot what it's called. the cloth thing. other than that, it's perfect!

You're not a downer, its called criticism which I appreciate, so thank you. I'm already working on changing up the toa a little bit to make the masks work better. I've also extended the shoulders and will probably fix the thighs. The turaga I actually won't be changing simply because it wasn't designed to be accurate to the set's proportions. If I was going for the set proportions the matoran would be shorter. Its actually designed to look like the turaga in MoL (which is where the torso comes in) and the legs were designed to be put in such a way to make it look like the body is slightly hunched. It also meant to show the similarity of the bodies and how its an evolution (which is why the body of the toa looks similar to the matoran's). I was deciding about the height but when I tried to make it taller before it didn't really look too good so I decided against it. Thanks for the critique, I appreciate these they show me what I could improve on. ~Soran

#94 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members

• 800 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ah, I see your point. thankyou kind friend.

#95 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 08:44 AM

UpdatePosted ImageUpdated the Toa body. I followed some of the instructions you guys gave to make it look better. I ended up widening the shoulders and the thighs. With this I managed to get it to get a big larger in size which makes the masks look better now with the body. I'm not sure how all the masks look on the body (I don't feel like testing it) but for the most part a lot of the larger masks (like the Mistika Hau Nuva) even look good with it (just my opinion). Because I was bored I made it multi-colored. So if anyone wants to test out the body, go ahead and tell me if there is anything that needs to be improved about it.~Soran

#96 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 06:12 PM

I still can't seem to use the kit. It won't recolor for me. I tried putting it in a Png, Bmp, and even jpg format, but it still doesn't seem to work for me. Is it because I use Mspaint?

Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0, Nov 12 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#97 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members

• 800 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 04:36 PM

To recolor kits you should use the fill with intensity 0% on paint.net. see?Posted ImageIt is amazing soran, great work! can't wait for the kit!IM BUFF! SWEET!

Edited by Loganto The Le-Matoran, Nov 13 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#98 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 902 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 04:46 PM

I still can't seem to use the kit. It won't recolor for me. I tried putting it in a Png, Bmp, and even jpg format, but it still doesn't seem to work for me. Is it because I use Mspaint?

Yes. It works with Paint.Net and GIMP fine, though.

Edited by Malignus, Nov 13 2012 - 04:47 PM.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#99 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 08:54 AM

Good to know that the toa body looks better.Small update: Added Noble Matatu~Soran

#100 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 09:51 PM

Honestly I liked the old toa better. This one looks a little too chesty.

sig2_0.png

#101 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 10:07 PM

Honestly I liked the old toa better. This one looks a little too chesty.

You can most likely get the old one's look by just moving the right shoulder 1 pixel to the right. Not sure which toa body I'll use for the sprite sheet. If it gets too debatable I'll probably make both in both positions.~Soran

#102 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,048 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 03:54 AM

I still think that the feet are a little small in comparison to the rest of the body - HOWEVER, everything else seems neatly proportioned now, so it might as well be just my mind applying human proportions to everything. ^^"like the updated version, though. ^^

snailshelltestscare.jpg

formerly known as Taka Nuvia or sometimes Demon Jester. ^^

#103 Offline alrdy.Fate

alrdy.Fate
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 23 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 22 2012 - 10:31 AM

Is the female version going to be overall the same model or are you going to make a completely new model (slimmer, more female looking)?

#104 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 180 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2012 - 12:31 AM

Looking good, Soran.

Edited by Katoris, Nov 26 2012 - 01:34 AM.

signature.jpg

| Tahukan's Comics Mark II |

I love Tea.

#105 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2012 - 03:36 PM

[color=#ff0000;]It's Chimoru fan kits like this that get me wondering "Why in the world am I still using Regular Chimoru".  [/color]

[color=#ff0000;]You've done quite well.  It is by far more detailed and set accurate then Chimoru.   It also has enough poses to make some random animation with.  Karz, I just can't say anything bad about this kit in any way.  You have left me speechless.  Well done.  I just hope you'll make lot and lots of more additions to this kit.  I would like to request something though.  Now I must ask something that will be Karz to sprite: a Piraka Hakann head.  Could you?[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]- HDXC2000 5.0[/color]

Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0, Dec 01 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#106 Offline alrdy.Fate

alrdy.Fate
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 23 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 10:52 PM

May I request an Iden?

#107 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:26 PM

So, how are doing on the Metru Matoran? I like how you used actual feet for the Metru Matoran instead of the Mata Maatoran feet.HDXC2000 6.0

#108 Offline Restarting...

Restarting...
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 562 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 30 2012 - 09:54 AM

Soran when will the Toa and Turaga sheet be finished?

#109 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2013 - 06:42 AM

May I request an Iden?

----------

I'm working on the kanohi iden. It might take a little while since it is a hard mask to sprite.

So, how are doing on the Metru Matoran? I like how you used actual feet for the Metru Matoran instead of the Mata Maatoran feet. HDXC2000 6.0

----------

I haven't made that much progress on it, I'm currently working on the toa.

Soran when will the Toa and Turaga sheet be finished?

----------

There isn't a specific time that I think it will be finished. The Turaga I haven't really started on, but it is very similar to the matoran so it shouldn't take very long. The Toa will take a little while since I'm having to sprite more new things and figure out the walk cycle and 360. At the moment I'm trying to get the standard poses in for the Toa. If there is a specific one you need at the moment (whether its the Turaga, Toa, or Metruan) then I'll work on that.

~Soran

#110 Offline Restarting...

Restarting...
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 562 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2013 - 07:20 AM

----------

There isn't a specific time that I think it will be finished. The Turaga I haven't really started on, but it is very similar to the matoran so it shouldn't take very long. The Toa will take a little while since I'm having to sprite more new things and figure out the walk cycle and 360. At the moment I'm trying to get the standard poses in for the Toa. If there is a specific one you need at the moment (whether its the Turaga, Toa, or Metruan) then I'll work on that.

~Soran

I would like the Toa one and as for the turaga I'll use the matoran body wearing the robes.

#111 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2013 - 11:41 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Well, I never gave you a Christmas present, so, [/color][color=#ff0000;]here[/color][color=#ff0000;].  I know it's not much, but now I can at least say I contributed to one of the best Chimoru fan additions.[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Also, when working on the Metru matoran make the at least 2px taller than the Mata Matoran.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]-HDXC2000 6.0[/color]

#112 Offline Restarting...

Restarting...
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 562 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 10:57 AM

No idea if I'll make any or not. Depends on how many reference photos I have since I have very few hordika sets.

Maybe this can help? Link

#113 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2013 - 11:01 AM

Those are very helpful, thank you. Just an update, I have most of the toa spritesheet done, The only things I need are the walk cycle and the 360.

~Soran

#114 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members

• 800 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 05:18 PM

Ahh, the sweet smell of pixels in the oven....

Can't wait!

#115 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 12:36 PM

A vahki (head only) would be lovely...

Just saying :P

banner.png

Enjoy.

#116 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members

• 800 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 11:54 PM

I may be able to sprite that for you Rohan.

Are you going to make a... uhh... 360 vertically? it would help alot.

and may I request an olmak for brutico? I have a good bit for it... and I am revamping him.

AND I MADE AN IGNIKA.

Posted Image

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran, Mar 09 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#117 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 11:33 AM

All of you have been waiting for this...

The Toa Spritesheet

Posted Image

I'm pretty happy with how the toa turned out but there are some 'issues' about it. One is that The toa is a bit harder to make custom poses with and it may take some time to get use to. Another is that there probably won't be a 'female' version of the spritesheet, mainly because I don't feel like making one so if it looks male to you then oh well. Its neutral for now. Otherwise, the spritesheet is created and now you guys can stop bothering me about it.

~Soran

#118 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members

• 800 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 02:44 PM

FINALLY!

it looks absolutely amazing! I think my fan comic encouraged you! :P

#119 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 02:50 PM

It looks nice, reminds me of the Toa Nuva cause of the legs. Also didn't you have other Toa bodies before, just out of curiosity. Second can you help me make a comic, it is harder than it looks.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#120 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hmmm, my only current concern is if I need to revise my panels a bit :PLooks nice though, sleek and powerful. Like a Bugatti.

banner.png

Enjoy.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users