• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Chimoru R Kit

Chimoru Fan Kit Sprite kit Six Shaded

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Ganto

Ganto
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 16-March 11
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:09 PM

It looks nice, reminds me of the Toa Nuva cause of the legs. Also didn't you have other Toa bodies before, just out of curiosity. Second can you help me make a comic, it is harder than it looks.

I can. are you familliar with gimp of PDN? or just paint?

by the way...

Posted Image

Do you like my shadows?

ad_kong_gant.png Ganto, coming soon

Corpus Rahkshi characters:

cuutuk_head.pngCuutuk

krieveks_head.pngKrieveks

#122 Offline A Forgotten Soul

A Forgotten Soul
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 07-December 12
  • 1,619 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yes and GIMP is a pain for me. I do also have paint, but I never use both of them much.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One, Mar 11 2013 - 08:31 PM.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

#123 Offline Ganto

Ganto
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 01:31 AM

I am working on nuva armor.

BETA Posted Image

also I condenced it for smaller file size:Posted Image

Picture tis a link

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran, Mar 12 2013 - 01:38 AM.

cuutuk_head.pngCuutuk

#124 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Submerged!

• 29-December 10
  • 1,184 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 02:52 AM

BETA Posted Image

If you wish to create your own version of the nuva armor you can go ahead. I already have the nuva armor prototype created, I just didn't apply it to the actual spritesheet. I may edit my current prototype and fix the shading an whatnot if needed. Even if it isn't applied soon, the kit is designed where you can have pseudo nuva armor by just changing the chestplate color to a silver.

Posted Image

~Soran

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#125 Offline Ganto

Ganto
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ah, but it looks good right?

also, could you please sprite an olmak? I tried to sprite one, but it was too hard to make the 360. Please?

Edited by bonesiii, Mar 17 2013 - 02:29 AM.
Double post merged. -bones

cuutuk_head.pngCuutuk

#126 Offline Ignatius

Ignatius
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 29-March 13
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 07:25 AM

Wow! Nice job on the masks! Very detailed, they look almost exactly like the plastic ones!

you should add all the rahi and rahkshi, and turaga!

Until then... goodjob!

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

#127 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 08:21 PM

[color=#ff0000;]OOOOO! Nice job on the toa!  They look awesome!  My friend, you should stick with making this kit.  It will make you famous on BZP.  You are in my book as one of the greatest spriters ever to exist.[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Also, I like the armour idea.  It will definetly make sure that there is a distiction between Toa Mata and Toa Nuva when needed.[/color]

#128 Offline Tertmas Tree

Tertmas Tree
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image

It's been a while since I've sprited something, but I've begun work on a Great Avsa. Sorry if it looks a bit off, I'm still quite rusty.

#129 Offline A Forgotten Soul

A Forgotten Soul
  • Members

• 07-December 12
  • 1,619 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2013 - 08:32 PM

I remember that there was an old kit that some people still use today that had every known sprite since '10. I think that's the one in the archives. Right?

#130 Offline Tertmas Tree

Tertmas Tree
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2013 - 11:32 AM

The Avsa is finished by the way, just check my previous post.

#131 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2013 - 06:53 PM

The Avsa is finished by the way, just check my previous post.

[color=#ff0000;]That Avsa looks nice...[/color]

#132 Offline A Forgotten Soul

A Forgotten Soul
  • Members

• 07-December 12
  • 1,619 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 10:48 AM

Okay, I'm going to say this, it looks more like the noble due to how short the snout is. A little more longer then great

#133 Offline Tertmas Tree

Tertmas Tree
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 03:29 PM

Okay, I'm going to say this, it looks more like the noble due to how short the snout is. A little more longer then great

Done, I also changed the silver on it too to look more... silver.

I'm also working on a Shelek, so expect that whenever.

#134 Offline Sir Ptolemic Of Zyglak

Sir Ptolemic Of Zyglak
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 24-February 09
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2013 - 04:19 PM

Just used the Avsa for a character in my series, so thanks!

If you guys are interested in an example of the "flexibility of Chimoru R, click here :P

#135 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 27 2013 - 01:52 PM

BETA Posted Image

If you wish to create your own version of the nuva armor you can go ahead. I already have the nuva armor prototype created, I just didn't apply it to the actual spritesheet. I may edit my current prototype and fix the shading an whatnot if needed. Even if it isn't applied soon, the kit is designed where you can have pseudo nuva armor by just changing the chestplate color to a silver.

Posted Image

~Soran

[color=#ff0000;]Not bad, looks quite accurate...I used to have a Toa Nuva chest plate so I can't exactly tell you how accurate it is, but if my memory serves me correctly; that's pretty accurate.[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Keep up the good work![/color]

#136 Offline Ganto

Ganto
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:55 PM

BETA Posted Image

Posted Image

~Soran

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]Not bad, looks quite accurate...I used to have a Toa Nuva chest plate so I can't exactly tell you how accurate it is, but if my memory serves me correctly; that's pretty accurate.[/color]

[color=rgb(169,169,169);]Keep up the good work![/color]

mine or his?

cuutuk_head.pngCuutuk

#137 Offline Ignatius

Ignatius
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 29-March 13
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:53 PM

Can you make it easy to recolor? PLEASE?If you could, I would use it for season 3 or 4in my comics

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

#138 Offline Tertmas Tree

Tertmas Tree
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 16-September 09
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2013 - 05:34 PM

Can you make it easy to recolor? PLEASE?If you could, I would use it for season 3 or 4in my comics

There's really no way to make it easier to recolour. You just need to know the right recolouring methods to do it quicker.

#139 Offline Van Hohenheim

Van Hohenheim
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 22-October 11
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2013 - 05:49 PM

recoloring is easy. I'm gonna assume you have windows seven paint. even if you don't have paint, it should work for other things such as Photoshop or gimp. so first, select the color you want to be changed. next, select the color you want to change it to by right clicking. make sure you right-clicked. select Eraser. hold down right click and pass the eraser over the sprite. it'll change the colors. hope this helped =)

Previously known as Aiwendil.

#140 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2013 - 06:58 PM

BETA Posted Image

Posted Image

~Soran

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]Not bad, looks quite accurate...I used to have a Toa Nuva chest plate so I can't exactly tell you how accurate it is, but if my memory serves me correctly; that's pretty accurate.[/color]

[color=rgb(169,169,169);]Keep up the good work![/color]

mine or his?

[color=#ff0000;]His.  Yours are cool but, they don't strike me as Nuva armor, however, they do still look cool.[/color]

#141 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • King of the losers

• 21-June 08
  • 2,383 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 07:11 PM

recoloring is easy. I'm gonna assume you have windows seven paint. even if you don't have paint, it should work for other things such as Photoshop or gimp. so first, select the color you want to be changed. next, select the color you want to change it to by right clicking. make sure you right-clicked. select Eraser. hold down right click and pass the eraser over the sprite. it'll change the colors. hope this helped =)

Bro. In GIMP and in Paint.Net, you can use the paint bucket, set the flood mode to global, reduce the threshold to 0%, select the new color, and click which colors you want to replace.

bBhcfWO.png

#142 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 21-March 05
  • 5,285 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2013 - 12:49 PM

This is a very nice sprite kit. It has a good size compared to the more miniature kits we usually see, and the anatomy of the characters looks stellar. My only concern is that some of the poses and animation frames are quite stiff, working on straight-angled limbs or static parts. That said, the rest of this is awesome. If it did have more animation potential I'd use it right away, but for now I'll start using it for character concepts etc. as opposed to Rayg 2.5, which I'm currently using for games and stuff.I also love that you have used different colors for each part of the sprite. Makes it so much easier to recolor. :)EDIT: Although, the red on the foot doesn't quite match up to the palette shades, and neither do the Kanohi colors.

Edited by Katuko, May 12 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#143 Offline Van Hohenheim

Van Hohenheim
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 22-October 11
  • 694 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2013 - 01:18 PM

Bro. In GIMP and in Paint.Net, you can use the paint bucket, set the flood mode to global, reduce the threshold to 0%, select the new color, and click which colors you want to replace.

Bro. I did not know that. thanks for the tip....bro.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

#144 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted May 27 2013 - 01:01 AM

[color=#ff0000;]Oh look, the back side of Great Matatu.[/color]

Posted Image

#145 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-May 13
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted May 28 2013 - 09:39 AM

I created a female Toa torso for the Chimoru R kit!  I feel so awesome!  WOOHOO!  Click here to check it out.

20795.jpg

#146 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2013 - 05:41 PM

I created a female Toa torso for the Chimoru R kit!  I feel so awesome!  WOOHOO!  Click here to check it out.

[color=#ff0000;]Not bad. You seem to have based it slightly of the female matoran body.  Well done.[/color]

#147 Offline Apple lord

Apple lord
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 02-October 07
  • 688 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 02:02 PM

Does anybody have a kohlii stick & sheild

lfp_2_0_sig_by_toa_pikabot-d61h1w3.png

#148 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 05 2013 - 02:16 PM

[color=#ff0000;]No, but, I could sprite one.[/color]

Edited by Damaracx 7.0, Jun 05 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#149 Offline Apple lord

Apple lord
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 02-October 07
  • 688 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 08 2013 - 04:08 PM

[color=rgb(255,0,0);]No, but, I could sprite one.[/color]

Thanks, going to need them for the fathers day special

lfp_2_0_sig_by_toa_pikabot-d61h1w3.png

#150 Offline Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 18-June 13
  • 667 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 04:29 PM

No kualsi 360? D:

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

Regalia, my non-Bionicle (non-text based) RPG. Last updated 8/5/15, currently abandoned.

BZPRPG Profiles: Arzaki | Xalu | Zephrys | Raanu | Hiku | Screthel

Steam Name: Arzaki

Add me on Steam if you want. I have a few multiplayer games.

3DS friend code: 4871-6356-0674

I have MH Generations and 4U. Currently HR 5 in Generations.

In MH4U, I've played about 470 hours on my main hunter. I currently have a G-Rank gold special permit and I'm HR 150. PM me if you're interesting in playing multiplayer. I mainly use the switch axe, but I also know how to use every weapon at least somewhat decently, except for hunting horn, lance, and gunlance.

League Name: bmrjw

Add me if you want. I'm currently bronze 5 and I main jungle. I can do any role reasonably well, however. Except ADC. I'm trash at ADC.

#151 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 02:55 PM

No kualsi 360? D:

[color=#ff0000;]I could make a decent attempt to finish most of it it you like.[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Scopeless Mask[/color][color=#a9a9a9;]  (Credit to Soran for the original mask with the excluding of the back side Great Matatu which I created which were modified to make these.)[/color]

#152 Offline Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 18-June 13
  • 667 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 10:06 PM

No kualsi 360? D:

[color=#ff0000;]I could make a decent attempt to finish most of it it you like.[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]Scopeless Mask[/color][color=#a9a9a9;]  (Credit to Soran for the original mask with the excluding of the back side Great Matatu which I created which were modified to make these.)[/color]

I don't really need it, I was just looking at what's pretty much the only sprite sheet available to me :P

-Abraham Lincoln

Regalia, my non-Bionicle (non-text based) RPG. Last updated 8/5/15, currently abandoned.

In MH4U, I've played about 470 hours on my main hunter. I currently have a G-Rank gold special permit and I'm HR 150. PM me if you're interesting in playing multiplayer. I mainly use the switch axe, but I also know how to use every weapon at least somewhat decently, except for hunting horn, lance, and gunlance.

Add me if you want. I'm currently bronze 5 and I main jungle. I can do any role reasonably well, however. Except ADC. I'm trash at ADC.

#153 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2013 - 06:06 AM

No kualsi 360? D:

I don't really need it, I was just looking at what's pretty much the only sprite sheet available to me :P

[color=#ff0000;]Eh, well here's [/color][color=#ff0000;]what I got[/color][color=#ff0000;] so far.  From so far there's only a back view.  The rear view is really tricky to get right so that one will take a while to finish.[/color]

#154 Offline Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 18-June 13
  • 667 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2013 - 11:56 AM

No kualsi 360? D:

[color=#ff0000;]Eh, well here's [/color][color=#ff0000;]what I got[/color][color=#ff0000;] so far.  From so far there's only a back view.  The rear view is really tricky to get right so that one will take a while to finish.[/color]

Seems legit.

-Abraham Lincoln

#155 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2013 - 12:04 PM

No kualsi 360? D:

Seems legit.

[color=#ff0000;]Quite.[/color]

#156 Offline Tahukan

Tahukan
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 17-June 13
  • 562 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2014 - 01:34 PM

Wow i never thought about reading past page 1 this is amazing all the extra masks (Damarack is it okay if i use the Scopless mautau?) Also Soran any chance you could release a prototype turaga sprite? And anybody have a Great Inika Kadin?

-Tahukan

Edited by Tahukan The TaVo-Matoran, Feb 10 2014 - 01:39 PM.

:voyanui: I make memes and things. :voyanui:

[ TCM2: Bluefire | A Bionicle Meme | YouTube ] 

[ Another Bionicle Meme | Pronunciation ]

#157 Offline Dâmaracx

Dâmaracx
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,052 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2014 - 12:37 PM

Wow i never thought about reading past page 1 this is amazing all the extra masks (Damarack is it okay if i use the Scopless mautau?) Also Soran any chance you could release a prototype turaga sprite? And anybody have a Great Inika Kadin?

-Tahukan

Looks like I'm a bit late to this comment....

Yes, it's ok if you use any of my contributions to the Chimory R kit.

Also, solemn it be that Soran stays on one project for  an expansive period of time.  XD.  He doesn't work on this much anymore, but I might add more additional sprites to this kit.

#158 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • King of the losers

• 21-June 08
  • 2,383 posts

Posted Mar 16 2014 - 01:42 PM

Question: Does anybody have a good spin of a kanohi Rode?

I have sprited a Rode, and am working on metru paint for kanohi (silver for powerless, black for noble).

bBhcfWO.png

#159 Offline Ganto

Ganto
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 06:23 AM

I have sprited a Rode, and am working on metru paint for kanohi (silver for powerless, black for noble).

Mind if we get a peek?

I need to continue spriting, I'm slacking off.

cuutuk_head.pngCuutuk

#160 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • King of the losers

• 21-June 08
  • 2,383 posts