• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Chimoru R Kit

Chimoru Fan Kit Sprite kit Six Shaded

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#321 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,032 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2015 - 10:10 AM

Soran, you have my permission to use anything in here

#322 Offline Onepu96

Onepu96
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 30-January 15
  • 2 posts

Posted Feb 23 2015 - 11:07 AM

I love the shapes and details of this sprite kit and I'd like to use it in my comic series but I extremely dislike sixshade kits and it doesn't feature all the species I need. Would you mind if I modified it to be twoshade and used it alongside original Chimoru Omega sprites?

#323 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 29-December 10
  • 849 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2015 - 01:46 AM

Soran, you have my permission to use anything in here

Thanks.

I love the shapes and details of this sprite kit and I'd like to use it in my comic series but I extremely dislike sixshade kits and it doesn't feature all the species I need. Would you mind if I modified it to be twoshade and used it alongside original Chimoru Omega sprites?

Do whatever you like with the kit. Whether you want it 6 shade, 10 shade or even 1 shade, doesn't particularly matter to me. You'll have to modify it yourself however.

Currently working on the Turaga. Hopefully I will be able to update soon. Stay tuned.

~Soran

#324 Offline Matoran Oneker

Matoran Oneker
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 26-June 10
  • 568 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 11:30 AM

Well, I'm not quite finished yet! Since Majhost is down, Terton's 2015 Masks are missing for now, but I thought I'd give it my own try, just to see how I could do. I always thought his were a little big, since the masks, to scale, are actually smaller than most G1 masks. I tried to simplify mine and make them fit that scale. What do you think?

2015masks.gif

I will admit, his Pakari turned out much better than mine, as I recall, so I didn't bother including mine.

I kinda like yours more than Tertons.

I'm not saying his are bad or anything, he did a great job with his but I think they are a bit too big and yours seems to be the right size.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Edited by Matoran Oneker, Feb 26 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#325 Offline Terton

Terton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 16-September 09
  • 3,093 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2015 - 01:23 PM

Well, I'm not quite finished yet! Since Majhost is down, Terton's 2015 Masks are missing for now, but I thought I'd give it my own try, just to see how I could do. I always thought his were a little big, since the masks, to scale, are actually smaller than most G1 masks. I tried to simplify mine and make them fit that scale. What do you think?

2015masks.gif

I will admit, his Pakari turned out much better than mine, as I recall, so I didn't bother including mine.

I kinda like yours more than Tertons.

I'm not saying his are bad or anything, he did a great job with his but I think they are a bit too big and yours seems to be the right size.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Eh, I don't particularly like mine either so no offence taken.

#326 Offline lddkid

lddkid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21-April 14
  • 24 posts

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 12:09 AM

I really like this, I think I am going to start using it for my comics now!  :D  !!! gives like  !!!

Edit: Could you make a kanohi Kualsi (mask of teleportation)? I am switching over to this kit and need one for a main character in my comics.  :begging:

Edited by lddkid, Feb 27 2015 - 01:17 AM.

Banner.png

Check out my comics!

#327 Offline Terton

Terton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 16-September 09
  • 3,093 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 06:24 AM

I really like this, I think I am going to start using it for my comics now!  :D  !!! gives like  !!!

Edit: Could you make a kanohi Kualsi (mask of teleportation)? I am switching over to this kit and need one for a main character in my comics.  :begging:

kualsi.png

Damaracx already made one.

#328 Offline lddkid

lddkid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21-April 14
  • 24 posts

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 10:48 AM

kualsi.png

Damaracx already made one.

Time to add another person to my long credits.  <_< But at least this should help my season 2 look at lot better!  ^_^

Banner.png

Check out my comics!

#329 Offline Loganto the Le-Matoran

Loganto the Le-Matoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 16-March 11
  • 1,096 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 11:27 PM

Although you probably won't use any of my stuff, do what you want with it. It's mostly junk.

logantowave.gifTiny GIF Shop -For all your emoticon needs!

vielco.pngThe REAL Life Of Loganto -Somewhat humorous comic. (Only preview is out at the moment.)

#330 Offline Mekrani

Mekrani
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-July 14
  • 3 posts

Posted Feb 28 2015 - 06:11 PM

Hi, I've started working on Piraka body and heads.

cIiu9NB.png

Shading isn't quite right, maybe someone would be able to fix it.

Edit: I tried to improve the shading. The new body is the one on the right.

The head in this version is Mekrani, a prototype for Avak's set.

Opinions?

I'm going to make two versions - One based mainly on set and Chimoru R Toa, and another one based on my "Chimoru" kit.

Edited by Mekrani, Feb 28 2015 - 06:55 PM.

IeQSwJK.png

#331 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 25-May 09
  • 3,896 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2015 - 06:21 PM

Oooh, I like it. That chest armor is really cool, and I like that you scaled up the armor a bit. It seems to fit perfectly into the kit while also giving it a very evil look. I can't wait to see what else you do with it.

~click.gif

"True strength cannot be mimicked. When the time comes to make the hard decision, your strength or weakness is revealed." - Fang

"H-honor is not t-t-to b-be set aside f-f-for w-when it is needed m-most." - Root

Corpus Rahkshi: Fang | Hoto | Tube | RIP Root | RIP Rain

Bionifight Infinite: RIP Kopen | Mirror | Virse | Arkrax | Lady Dajik

The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: G2 Headcanons - Protectors

#332 Offline Mekrani

Mekrani
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-July 14
  • 3 posts

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 10:01 AM

I'm glad you like it :)

I made a small update - Made the body a little smaller and added a spine.

ffubmlj.png

Edited by Mekrani, Mar 01 2015 - 11:23 AM.

IeQSwJK.png

#333 Offline Loganto the Le-Matoran

Loganto the Le-Matoran
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,096 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 01:35 PM

Good gosh, That thing is MONSTROUS!

Cool!

vielco.pngThe REAL Life Of Loganto -Somewhat humorous comic. (Only preview is out at the moment.)

#334 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,032 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2015 - 03:47 PM

Hi, I've started working on Piraka body and heads.

cIiu9NB.png
Shading isn't quite right, maybe someone would be able to fix it.

Edit: I tried to improve the shading. The new body is the one on the right.

The head in this version is Mekrani, a prototype for Avak's set.

Opinions?

I'm going to make two versions - One based mainly on set and Chimoru R Toa, and another one based on my "Chimoru" kit.

O_0. That's....THAT'S PERFECT! I felt like my six-year old self who was obsessed with Skakdi again! I'm definitely using that! Firstly, I like the way you incorporated the original set Skakdi torso and used it on a slightly enlarged Toa body, that works perfectly and gives it the Bionicle-Movie look that Chimoru R displays. Secondly, good call on making it slightly smaller considering that'll make it appear more accurate when we add limbs and stuff(which are also going to need to be slightly larger than the Toa limbs.). Thirdly, I'm in accordance with the previous comments; it looks freakin' monstrous. Perfect for what I'm going for in my future comic series.

I wish I could help, but my lack of computer is keeping me from doing so. I wish you luck with whatever you do happen to do with this in the future!

#335 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-May 13
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2015 - 12:39 PM

I'm glad you like it :)

I made a small update - Made the body a little smaller and added a spine.

ffubmlj.png

Wow.  That is pure epicness.  I especially love the chest armor, its just  like "RAAAR I'm a Skakdi!"

20795.jpg

#336 Offline Mekrani

Mekrani
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-July 14
  • 3 posts

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 06:28 PM

The main Skakdi body is finished!

hw5hMea.png

To-do:

• All Piraka faces and spines
  • Vezon
  • Poses
  • 360 degree view.

The armor on arms and legs was added, because without it characters could look pretty ridiculous.

There are no arm-spikes coming out of spine, because it was looking pretty bad and was way too hard to make.

Edited by Mekrani, Mar 04 2015 - 06:30 PM.

IeQSwJK.png

#337 Offline Loganto the Le-Matoran

Loganto the Le-Matoran
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,096 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 10:58 PM

Wow.... That is beautiful.  Absolutely amazing spritework. I can't wait for the other foot variant.

#338 Offline Daronus

Daronus
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 05-November 14
  • 487 posts

Posted Mar 05 2015 - 11:45 AM

Man, That Piraka is awesome! I'm totally gonna use that for my comics when I get around to it.

...Now we play the waiting game for the Spritesheet.

My BZPRPG Characters The Legend of Archan  Aena: The Sentinel

Bionifight Infinite Profiles: Ignis Harami Severain 

I wonder what's for Dinner...

#339 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 25-May 09
  • 3,896 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2015 - 12:59 PM

The legs look a little odd to me. Maybe they need to be longer... or thicker, or maybe the pose just looks off. I think the knees are bent too much. He looks imbalanced for the basic standing pose.

~click.gif

"True strength cannot be mimicked. When the time comes to make the hard decision, your strength or weakness is revealed." - Fang

"H-honor is not t-t-to b-be set aside f-f-for w-when it is needed m-most." - Root

#340 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-May 13
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2015 - 04:08 PM

Like how you made two different arms!

20795.jpg

#341 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 29-December 10
  • 849 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 06:29 PM

hw5hMea.png

To-do:

• Vezon
  • Poses
  • 360 degree view.

The armor on arms and legs was added, because without it characters could look pretty ridiculous.

There are no arm-spikes coming out of spine, because it was looking pretty bad and was way too hard to make.

This definitely is very, very impressive. It looks great! I look forward to how you progress through the rest of it.

Status update on the kit

So upon creating the turaga sprite sheet, which isn't finished yet, I came across the fact that I have severely messed up on the colors of the sprite sheets, to the point where I'm surprised you guys even use it. I'm also surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. I'll be releasing an update to the kit soon correcting the colors and possibly fixing up the front page with some fan creations you guys have made.

The Turaga sheet I'm working on still needs the 360 and walk cycle but otherwise I've practically created the whole thing up to a certain point. Stay tuned.

~Soran

Edited by Soran, Mar 07 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#342 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Co-President of the Oligarchy of MOPE

• 21-June 08
  • 1,180 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 09:51 PM

hw5hMea.png

To-do:

• Vezon
  • Poses
  • 360 degree view.

This definitely is very, very impressive. It looks great! I look forward to how you progress through the rest of it.

Status update on the kit

So upon creating the turaga sprite sheet, which isn't finished yet, I came across the fact that I have severely messed up on the colors of the sprite sheets, to the point where I'm surprised you guys even use it. I'm also surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. I'll be releasing an update to the kit soon correcting the colors and possibly fixing up the front page with some fan creations you guys have made.

The Turaga sheet I'm working on still needs the 360 and walk cycle but otherwise I've practically created the whole thing up to a certain point. Stay tuned.

~Soran

What do you mean the colors are messed up?

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

If you know you shouldn't do a thing, don't do that thing.

Coming soon:
Sss2sS6.png
Read my epic, Hydranus' Log

#343 Offline Loganto the Le-Matoran

Loganto the Le-Matoran
  • Members

• 16-March 11
  • 1,096 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2015 - 10:06 PM

Ya'mean the red screw up?

Or the the toa glitch?

#344 Offline Onepu96

Onepu96
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 30-January 15
  • 2 posts

Posted Mar 08 2015 - 05:01 AM

And while we're at it...

• Mata Blue looks way too dark. I know it's supposed to be darker and more purplish than Dark Azure, but it should never be that dark.
  • Medium Blue should be paler and more bluish.
  • Metru Red, Metru Brown, tan, light grey and purple don't have enough contrast between each shade.

As for the masks:

• Pakari would look better if the mouth was moved one pixel up.
  • I know it's because of the 3/4 view but Noble Huna's eye-holes look a bit uneven.
  • Most of the Toa Mahri Kanohi look fine as they are in original Chimoru Omega and I'm surprised the only one you have used in your sprite kit is Faxon.
  • Miru Mata, Hau Mistika, Noble Komau and Ruru Metru have some unnecessary pixels here and there. The picture is from a great tutorial about pixel art and I think you should take a look at it.

Chimoru R is still a great kit and I hope my criticism won't offend you.

#345 Offline Tec Master Of Imagination

Tec Master Of Imagination
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 21-November 11
  • 347 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2015 - 09:58 PM

When i do recolor them in gimp I find that a few have repeats but when that happens i just go around it and find the color on the sprite then recolor it that way

needs_more_fedoras.pngNeeds more Fedoras    But hey how about a spinne as well 7.gif

#346 Offline PhoenixFireBlaze

PhoenixFireBlaze
  • Members

• 19-December 11
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2015 - 09:14 PM

Can I be linked to the 2015 masks that was made a while back?. Whenever I try to click the image it says image isn't found. :(

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze, Mar 11 2015 - 09:15 PM.

BBC Contest #69: Takanuva and Toa Ignika

img_0671_-_copy.jpg

#347 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 25-May 09
  • 3,896 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2015 - 10:57 PM

Terton reuploaded them here.

~click.gif

#348 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,032 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2015 - 04:17 AM

Guess who just fixed his PC?  This guy.  It's still pretty ####y at the moment, however it'll just fine for spriting.  Just a matter of finding what to work on first.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users