RPG Forum Contest 24

Black Six

RPG Forum Text-Based RPG Contest 24Sorry for the delay, you can all blame Bricks Cascade and cross-country travel. Anyway, no theme for this contest, I think we'll pick that up next month!Here's how these contests work:

[*]The contest will be run every three (3) months, or four (4) times a year.[*]All members are welcome to enter the contest.
      [*]Each member can only enter one (1) Text-based RPG entry.[*]The only exception to this is that BZPRPG and RPG Contest staff will not be permitted to make entries.

[*]There will be three winners selected in every contest.

[*]The winners will be the three RPGs with the most votes after one or more rounds of voting (depending on the number of entries).

[*]Whether or not a given RPG wins or not, it will be allowed to run in future contests, with the below conditions and restrictions.

[*]For and RPG that lost a contest, the creator must make an attempt to alter and improve their entry before entering it in the next contest.[*]If an RPG has won four (4) consecutive contests that it has entered, it can not enter the next four contests. It does not, however, have to be altered before being entered again after its break, although the creator can do so if they desire to.
        [*]Example: A RPG wins two contests in a row. It is not entered in the next contest. It is entered and wins the fourth and fifth contests. At this point it cannot be entered into the next four contests.

[*]Other restrictions as a result of other rules or administrative action may prevent a member from submitting an RPG.

[*]At the end of the three-month interval between contests, if an active RPG does not win again, it will be closed.

[*]If a former winner wins again at a later date, the creator of the RPG can choose to continue in the old topic where they left off or start over again in a new topic.

[*]If the creator or members of a winning RPG break the RPG forum rules, that RPG will be closed.

[*]The next runner-up from the previous contest will be allowed to run for the remainder of the term.[*]The offending RPG will not be allowed to participate in the next contest.

[*]This system is designed to be more fair than the TBRPG approval process has been in the past, so absolutely no complaining.

TBRPG EntriesThe following is what determines a Text-Based RPG entry. The creator of each entry must provide at least:

[*]A brief introduction to the RPG.
      [*]A description of the setting, the time and place the events occur.[*]A history of what has happened leading up to the current situation.[*]The characters and creatures involved. Does this take place in the canonical Bionicle Universe, or is this your own island with its own heroes and villains?

[*]A description on how you plan to further to story.

[*]Does it follow the actual Bionicle story or take place in a setting of your own creation?[*]Is there an outline on where you plan for it go?[*]Will the players be allowed to choose the direction the story takes?[*]Is there an ultimate goal or quest, or is it merely a world for members to inhabit?

[*]Requirements for those wishing to participate in your RPG.

[*]Will members be taking the role of existing characters or characters you have created?[*]Can they make their own characters? If so, what sort of restrictions will be placed on them?[*]What sort of equipment, masks, stats, etc will members get when they begin?

[*]Rules determining how players will interact with the environment and other characters.

[*]How will the winner of battles be determined?[*]How will members buy and upgrade their equipment?[*]Will members level up? How will they gain experience?

The above information can be submitted however the creator prefers. It does not have to be delineated in this way, as long as it is all there.Contest ProceduresHow the contest is going to be run. Here is the format the contest will operate under:

[*]Members will have three weeks to draft and submit entries.
      [*]Entries will be posted in the Contest Submission thread. Any entries posted elsewhere or PMed will be disregarded.[*]At the end of this period, no further entries will be accepted.

[*]The entries will be grouped into as few polls as possible for the initial round of voting.[*]Each round of voting will last for two to three days (48-72 hours).[*]The format of subsequent rounds of voting will be determined depending on the number of entries.[*]The three entries with the most votes in the final round of voting will be declared the winners.

Any questions can be posted in the Contest Rules Thread or PMed to Contest Host Black Six.NOTE - All current TBRPGs must be submitted as entries if they wish to continue running.Entries can be SUBMITTED from now until 11:59 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 26th.You can review other entries and discuss the reviews in the Review Topic.Please Note: You can now discuss reviews in the review topic in order to keep the main topic less cluttered.

No theme again? Ah well, better chance for some of my favourites to get back in again. =DThe unfortunate thing about this contest(Or maybe the best thing), is that Day Run's ending this time, Techna's going on hiatus, I have no clue about Island of Pain... I'm honestly not sure what'll happen this contest at all; but I guess no-one will, until the time comes for the entries.I might work on entering this time; or I might wait. Still need to talk that over.

The unfortunate thing about this contest(Or maybe the best thing), is that Day Run's ending this time, Techna's going on hiatus, I have no clue about Island of Pain... I'm honestly not sure what'll happen this contest at all; but I guess no-one will, until the time comes for the entries.

What? Techna's going on hiatus? Aww I liked that one. :( Oh well, I'll wait until it comes back or something.

Well, quite frankly, I hope that Trapped in a Map isn't entered this contest, as I'll only be around for 3 weeks of July and September to play- and five weeks is a lot to miss for one RPG, which I might end up doing as it is. :P And Trapped in a Map is not an RPG I would want to miss anything of.I'll do my best to play, but... probably a more minor role than every other RPG I've played all the way through. xD-ibrow

Here's hoping Zarayna brings back City of the Dead....

He's bringing it back with me and Dov as staff.Nipping the GoMN return rumors in the bud. Sorry, guys.-Teezy
Cool. I really want that one to win this time....

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, gonna try that swashbucklin style RPG I wrote up for this one. I'm sorry Hubert, but I'm going for "short enough 100% of the voters can read it". :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Well, gonna try that swashbucklin style RPG I wrote up for this one. I'm sorry Hubert, but I'm going for "short enough 100% of the voters can read it". :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I actually like the sound of this idea. A lot.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

The unfortunate thing about this contest(Or maybe the best thing), is that Day Run's ending this time, Techna's going on hiatus, I have no clue about Island of Pain... I'm honestly not sure what'll happen this contest at all; but I guess no-one will, until the time comes for the entries.

What? Techna's going on hiatus? Aww I liked that one. :( Oh well, I'll wait until it comes back or something.
Yes, it's getting backstory/continuation stories until it's return; I plan on contributing a lot of those. =P

Here's hoping I'll actually have time to at least play one of the games this time. I completely dropped out of Beat and Rhythm and the other two games required a massive infodump to get into. . .

Well, gonna try that swashbucklin style RPG I wrote up for this one.

Swashbuckling? My interest is piqued.

Well, gonna try that swashbucklin style RPG I wrote up for this one.

Swashbuckling? My interest is piqued.

I actually like the sound of this idea. A lot.-Teezy
Yup. Or at least as close to swashbuckling as I could get going with the story line I came up with. It might not end up being like that at all; it really all ends up being how players play the game. I'll actually be encouraging romance in this one though, because could you imagine charming rogues fighting merciless pirates without getting the girl at the end?If you're not into that, though, you can always go explore some ruins. Or go up north, into the desert. Or do absolutely anything.Expect spaceships. I swear there will be no spaceships.I tried writing down the story for what happens after it starts, but I can't figure out how to make a chart with three dimensions on my computer, and this one would need more than The Twilight Zone. (thumbs up if you get that reference, two thumbs down if you actually looked for a thumbs up button on BZPower :P)But why listen to me babble when you can review it yourself?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Okay I just submitted Dusk Colisuem, I hope I survive. This is my first contest and I'm excited! Good luck everypony-ER everyone!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Well, I was really wanting GoMN.I just wish I could remember the name of that one where it was this one ship you were on, that the great beings had created and also traveled upon, and it had a bunch of different parts...I wish I remembered what that one was.'Cause it'd be cool if that one came back.It was the first TBRPG I ever played.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

And here we go again! Not sure if I should retry Dreamland or if I should dust off Ocean Cruise. Although I do have a new idea I have been considering which is much less based around me and more on the players. Not.. that my.. other RPGs are more about me than the players.. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Anyone else miss themes?

I do.I remember I was working on a heavily fantasy based RPG for this. Well I'm scrapping that.Instead I'm gonna go for a Wild West spin on Bara Magna/Spherus Magna. Normally I would just wait until this contest was over, procrastinating.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

The entry topic is already set up for the next contest? Awesome, time to finish the last details on the heavily updated Kirse. This time I've got the united working and ideas of my fellow potential Kirse staff to make it even better than ever before.

Hopefully this time it might do a little better than last place in the final poll. Maybe second to last. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Well, quite frankly, I hope that Trapped in a Map isn't entered this contest, as I'll only be around for 3 weeks of July and September to play- and five weeks is a lot to miss for one RPG, which I might end up doing as it is. :P And Trapped in a Map is not an RPG I would want to miss anything of.I'll do my best to play, but... probably a more minor role than every other RPG I've played all the way through. xD-ibrow

As much as I would like to enter this contest, you might actually get your wish.I've been pretty busy so far this summer, and it looks like it's going to continue.So unless things really change, don't expect an entry from me this time round.I do look forward to seeing all the awesome rpgs that will be entered however! :)

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

Anyone else miss themes?

I do.
Me too.But, wonder of wonders, I am not entering this contest. My life is busy, I don't have time to run an RPG.However, BaR players, I swear that, despite redoing my house's floors this week, I'll try to post.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Wow, no one is entering... *evil ideas spring into head* No matter what I come up with, you all will have to live with it as one of the top three! :evilgrin:Well, that is assuming that nothing else better than it comes along. :P

As much as I would like to enter this contest, you might actually get your wish.I've been pretty busy so far this summer, and it looks like it's going to continue.So unless things really change, don't expect an entry from me this time round.I do look forward to seeing all the awesome rpgs that will be entered however! :)
I promise to vote and advertise for it next contest! xD But that makes me happy, because it means that come September/October I should finally be able to play it.I suppose that I should mention, Kal, that I don't want you to enter/win with Dreamland for the same reasons. :P-ibrow

Wow, no one is entering... *evil ideas spring into head*

Fear not everyone! Kal's evil plans to win by default won't come off.I will be re-entering Transformation once I'm done with a few touch-ups. That will make at least 9 entries, and another chance to not vote for whatever evil plan he is concocting.Sorry Kal. Evil plans are fun and all, but not this time.

ppg2.png

I don't know 'bout you guys, but with most of the most popular RPGs dropping out, I think Kirse looks set to win this time round. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Wow, no one is entering... *evil ideas spring into head*

Fear not everyone! Kal's evil plans to win by default won't come off.I will be re-entering Transformation once I'm done with a few touch-ups. That will make at least 9 entries, and another chance to not vote for whatever evil plan he is concocting.Sorry Kal. Evil plans are fun and all, but not this time.
Whuh? But. But. But why not?*grumble grumble* Fine, I'll develop the idea I had instead of bringing back something old. I can't say anything about aforementioned evil plans, however. :sly:

I don't know 'bout you guys, but with most of the most popular RPGs dropping out, I think Kirse looks set to win this time round. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Shush. We don't want to jinx it...But seriously, we've spent a lot of time since the last contest improving it, and I really think it shows. After all, look at how long it is now! :o

Lacertus

Shush. We don't want to jinx it...But seriously, we've spent a lot of time since the last contest improving it, and I really think it shows. After all, look at how long it is now! :o
You don't know the meaning of long! :PDon't get your hopes up everyone. We haven't heard any news from TPTI or Lloyd yet, and if/when they enter...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I was actually trying to compare it to the original version. We've added a whole lot of content, and the description has gotten longer as a result. Sorry, that wasn't as clear as it could have been.Edit: Toa Levacious Zehvor, our entry is actually longer than yours. So... there. Not that that proves anything... XD

Edited by Despair

Lacertus

Don't be certain, there are already quite a few good entries into the contest. The lack of a few good entries means nothing when there are more that have just as high a chance at being chosen.

Yeah, it really is a whole lot better, everything has been improved this time around. And yes, it is very long now. XD

You don't know the meaning of long! :PDon't get your hopes up everyone. We haven't heard any news from TPTI or Lloyd yet, and if/when they enter...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

It's long enough that It barely fits in a single post. That's long enough for me. XDYep, there are still a large number of good RPG makers out there, you never know what will happen in this contest.

Uh... Despair... it's only Hubert who likes long stuff, and he's already staff. XD

I like long RPG entries too, gives you a lot of interesting ideas to read. XD

I was actually trying to compare it to the original version. We've added a whole lot of content, and the description has gotten longer as a result. Sorry, that wasn't as clear as it could have been.Edit: Oops, entry doesn't have spoiler tags. XD

It's still easy to skip over the profiles, but I had to remove the Spoiler Tags due to them severely messing with the formatting.

We're still gonna win, if only 'cause we're gonna be everyone's 3rd place. XD

Honestly, I'm just hoping we'll get above last place in the final poll, like second to last. It'd show we actually managed to improve. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles