General Art Contest #18: Lego Battlescapes -- Preliminary Poll B

Read the starting post below before voting, then select the number of the entry you prefer  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• [*]
lets_do_this.jpg_thumb.jpg Let's Do This [*]ninjagoac17.png Mirrors & Mirrors [*]thumbnail.jpg Battle in Mangaia [*]galithumb.png Gali vs Tarakava [*]speedpaint0011.thumbnail5.png Keeper Of The Key [*]personathumbnail.jpg Persona

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I voted for #6. While Crunchy's entry in poll A underwhelmed me, this one has truly epic composition and is far simpler to understand. It helps that in this one the artist is only working with existing, recognizable characters, whereas in their first entry they had to both invent new depictions of characters and imbue them with emotions. The fact that it chose a less traditional "battlescape" (an internal mental battle instead of an external physical one) only earns it points in my book.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Entry #6 is the most well-drawn of all of these, in my opinion, and despite being extremely unconventional it's also one of the ones where it's clearest what's actually going on. Both the characters are posed dynamically, and the composition truly draws the viewer's attention to the center of the conflict.

I went with 6, though 3 looked great and 2 was a cool concept.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry