Lego City: Undercover

It's been several years since a non-licensed Lego theme has made it to the ever-growing world of console gaming, so for those of you overwhelmed by the assortment of games based on popular franchises, Lego City: Undercover is here at last! The games revolves around the protagonist, Chase McCain, tracking down Rex Fury, a criminal perpetrating crimes across the city. It has been announced as a Wii U exclusive, and it may be worth looking into if you've found yourself thinking the line of Lego video games has strayed too far from its roots. More details can be found on the official site here or on the Nintendo announcement page above.View the full article

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very excited for this. It's not that I think the LEGO video games have strayed too far from their roots, since after all, the licensed LEGO games are only following in the footsteps of the successful and fun LEGO Star Wars. But nonetheless I've become bored with the Travellers Tales LEGO games, in part due to always trailing my little brother in completing them, in part due to my stopping collecting most licensed themes, and in part because, let's face it, with the exception of the LEGO Batman games, you always know what's going to happen next since they copy the movies they're based on almost scene-for-scene. Travellers Tales had tried to adapt non-licensed themes in the LEGO Battles series, but as fun as those were, they paled in comparison to their licensed console counterparts. With LEGO City: Undercover, however, they seem to have a formula that works for depicting LEGO's most famous and successful theme. It's to some extent a kid-friendly Grand Theft Auto, which I think is an amazing thing on its own, since the Grand Theft Auto games are apparently quite good, but limited in their audience due to their content. But it also features what seems to be great voice acting, and the signature LEGO humor of things like Clutch Powers and LEGO Island. When I saw the trailer at E3 and saw all the jokes and references to the medium of video games itself, I knew this would be a must-have game.Now I just have to figure out what system I'll want to get this on. On the one hand, I already have a 3DS, and having played the LEGO Batman 2 demo I know that the handheld LEGO games have finally achieved the same level of depth as their home console counterparts. But on the other hand, the videos we saw at E3 of the Wii U version look fantastic, and more than any other Wii U game they showed, this one looked like enough to sell me on that system. It doesn't help that the other Wii U game that really appealed to me, Scribblenauts Unlimited, also is available on both systems (although in the case of that game, the Wii U version is clearly superior). I suppose I'll have to figure that out this holiday season. I may end up getting it for 3DS when it comes out, and waiting to purchase the Wii U after the release hype has worn off and more games start showing up on the system.One last note (and I realize this is a long post). In the trailer shown at E3, it opens with a kid playing with last year's City Police Department. But he's holding what is clearly a unique Chase McCain minifigure. It's not unthinkable that this fig will be a preorder bonus for this game, at least from certain retailers.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This looks fantastic. It looks like it´s going to become the best LEGO videogame EVER and it has tempted me to buy a Wii U just for this. :P Seriously, this game is the dream of a LEGO fan. An actual LEGO city with awesome graphics you can interact with? It can´t be better. :)I lol'ed when I saw someone comment in a video of the reference´s origin saying that it´s a LEGO City: Undercover reference. :PI couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw Chase McCain being hit in a certain body part in the same cutscene. I never thought I´d see that from LEGO. :blink: Then again, after the "Is she hot?" from Jay, it´s not that surprising. :PI´ve recently watched some gameplay footage as well, and the city looks fantastic. Can´t wait to see more! :)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^