The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Well, we've just got Reach and H:CEAE. Currently Warrant Officer Grade 3, working my way toward Captain. Been 20 days since I first started my stuff out. Played a lot of Firefight, quite a bit of it in Matchmaking, got two of the avatar award helmets... I haven't been able to really do some big-time grinds for gaining ranks. I kinda suck at a few different weapons, specifically the plasma weapons, and the sniper rifle. If any of 'ya wanna play with me, add me on XBL. "NuclearMelon".

ace_combat.jpg
"Slyph Squadron, engaging."

I want a Halo game on the lost ring, unless it was found or something (havn't read Primordium... probably won't till the summer D:)

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

I want a Halo game on the lost ring, unless it was found or something (havn't read Primordium... probably won't till the summer D:)

You might just get your wish.PRIMORDIUM SPOILERS AHEAD...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

At the end of the book, it seems that the Lost Ring, Inst. #07, is abandoned and possibly teleported into a random location by the Ark as a monument to those who sacrificed themselves to stop the Master Builder, Medicant Bias, the Flood, and the Timeless One on the ring. This ring has severe damage, so it's covered by a perpetual layer of clouds. Unknown what the exact cause is, but it's likely flood spores and/or damage from the event in the book. (Flood spore structures similar to Halo War's annoying launchers appear in the book) Also of note... The ring was much larger than the others at one point, and had a diameter of 30,000 KM, instead of the 10,000Km most rings had. (I think it's now normal size, as it jettisoned segments, but still...It's also suggested that Humans might yet survive on the ring, as stated by 343 Guilty Spark.

What really bugs me is a quote the Timeless One makes in the end of the book... I'm really wondering what it's true Identity is...

Primordial to Didact: "It is your task to kill this Servant....So that another will be released."Question #1: Is Primordial referring to himself as a servant of the real Mantle/Flood? Or is he implying he is merely the pawn of a much greater threat?Question #2: Primordial is clearly related to the flood. However, the Didact seems to believe he is a form of Gravemind, and possible a fake precursor made of several dead precursors. What is he? It claims to be a precursor, but at the same time, it's actual identity seems pretty vague. Added to that is the real location and circumstances it was discovered. It wasn't buried in a Timelock on Charum Hakkor and left behind by the Precursors in their ruins... Rather, (I think I have this down) It was found 40 years into the Human Flood war on a "Cinder of a Planatoid, barely alive in an ancient timelock". Even more disturbing.... the humans somehow knew where to find the creature. Who, or what, told them the information, as they indicate the creature was stuck at the VERY edge of the Galaxy?Question #3: Who are these "Other" servants? Are there more beings like the Timeless One in Capsules?

I feel that there could be a much more sinister plot brewing on the edge of the Galaxy.

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

From the description given I assume the monitor has become rampant or just given up it's probaly a huge version of delta halo in apperance then with ruined buildings and flood biomass all over it.Slyph i'll play with you i have much the same problem as you do with the sniper rifle alos i'll be happy to play H:CEA with you we can get bandana i've got no mic though but thats not really a problem.

Edited by stoney the raptor

From the description given I assume the monitor has become rampant or just given up it's probaly a huge version of delta halo in apperance then with ruined buildings and flood biomass all over it.Slyph i'll play with you i have much the same problem as you do with the sniper rifle alos i'll be happy to play H:CEA with you we can get bandana i've got no mic though but thats not really a problem.

Actually, that's not how it was.

The Ring was designed to specifically hold human populations... humans lived in cities across the ring. And then the "Last Precursor", The Master Builder, and Mendicant Bias conducted experiments on humans trying to purposely infect them with the flood for their own sick reasons.A specific Monitor of 07 may actually not exist, as Mendicant Bias controlled the ring. HE was essentially the monitor of that ring. Unlike Delta halo, this halo was described as having large flat plains, oceans, Human cities, and forests of Thorn trees. Best I can figure, eeach ring has a different environment set... Delta was largely jungles and flood ridden wastelands devoid of biomass (I believe I read that the snow in the flood wall on Halo 2 had to do with containment to slow and freeze the flood in the infected area)

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

The Ring was designed to specifically hold human populations... humans lived in cities across the ring. And then the "Last Precursor", The Master Builder, and Mendicant Bias conducted experiments on humans trying to purposely infect them with the flood for their own sick reasons.A specific Monitor of 07 may actually not exist, as Mendicant Bias controlled the ring. HE was essentially the monitor of that ring. Unlike Delta halo, this halo was described as having large flat plains, oceans, Human cities, and forests of Thorn trees. Best I can figure, eeach ring has a different environment set... Delta was largely jungles and flood ridden wastelands devoid of biomass (I believe I read that the snow in the flood wall on Halo 2 had to do with containment to slow and freeze the flood in the infected area)

Mendicant bias having control of the 7th ring makes sense so would that make it the main ring or just the one he was assigned?

Mendicant bias having control of the 7th ring makes sense so would that make it the main ring or just the one he was assigned?
It would seem to be the one he was assigned to control. It's odd... the ring is described as being triple the size of a standard Halo Ring.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the Reach campaign for hours just hoping I could make it to captain (I need like 57000 more points to go). Whats also frustrating is that I need to finish Anniversary on normal to get the achievement and also get all the easy achievements in Halo 3 that are below Heric difficulty

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Rausaro:I believe I read somewhere, (i think in Cryptum) that there were an original Twelve Rings. However all of this original number were destroyed save one, which was then used as the basis for the smaller and more easily hidden "second" halo series.I recall this information being released but not where i read it...Maybe i'm crazy but i think it's in Cryptum.

Well, here's some interesting things I noticed from the upcoming February matchmaking update:Squad DLC updated.Squad DLC's population is dangerously low. To breathe some life into this list, we're making a few changes. Anniversary maps have been set to optional, and Noble and Defiant maps continue to be required. We have also heard your concerns in regard to a few achievement-friendly game types still being difficult to find. In response to that, we've added the following objective game types to voting slot three:Multiflag on Highlands, 1 Flag on Highlands, 1 Flag on Condemned, Invasion on Breakpoint, Crazy King in Breakpoint, 1 Flag on Breakpoint, 1 Flag on Tempest, Multiflag on Tempest, Crazy King on Tempest, Neutral Bomb on Tempest, Multiflag on Condemned, Crazy King on Condemned, Crazy King on High Noon, 1 Flag on High Noon, Crazy King on Breakneck, 1 Flag on Breakneck, Stockpile on Ridgeline, Neutral Bomb on Ridgeline, and Crazy King on Ridgeline.Infection updated.Map changes include Sword Base being removed and The Cage replacing Uncaged. Also, we've noticed some feedback coming from both matchmaking and internal playtests about players getting betrayed by teammates at the beginning of games. Since that sometimes results in a less advantageous respawn position, we've removed friendly fire in an attempt to cut down on that particular form of griefing.Banshee replaced with Revenant on Breakneck.The classic Gauss 'Hog vs. Banshee battle on Headlong will continue. We bid adieu to the flying purple thing on Breakneck, though, and welcome its hovering brethren in its place!Also, here is what's happening with the transition to 343:Starting on April 1, we will be increasing Halo: Reach File Share capacity from 6 slots to 24 slots at no extra charge. All Halo: Reach files, including films, screenshots, game types, and maps, will continue to be fully accessible in-game, just like they are today.The most noticeable changes will include those features seen exclusively on Bungie's website, such as rendered films and Halo: Reach API keys. Those features are not included in the transition, and we do not have plans to develop similar features at this time.The banshee replacement angers me. They should at least have it in the games with the guass hog. It was a fair battle there.But the friendly fire off in infection and the file share news excites me greatly.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

HEY GUYSShall I make a replica SPARTAN helmet using Pepakura (a program that prints out patterns on paper, where you can then fold them and glue them together into 3D models), resin and fiberglass? Question is, which one? I wanted to make an EVA helmet, but it's going to be quite hard to try and find a visor that would work with that. Maybe JFO or something? I don't really want to do the MJOLNIR MK. IV/V/VI series because those seem way too overdone.Either that or just go with a Marine helmet. *shrug* I don't know. I need input. What do you guys think?

ace_combat.jpg
"Slyph Squadron, engaging."

Well, here's some interesting things I noticed from the upcoming February matchmaking update:Infection updated.Map changes include Sword Base being removed and The Cage replacing Uncaged. Also, we've noticed some feedback coming from both matchmaking and internal playtests about players getting betrayed by teammates at the beginning of games. Since that sometimes results in a less advantageous respawn position, we've removed friendly fire in an attempt to cut down on that particular form of griefing.But the friendly fire off in infection and the file share news excites me greatly.~U_K~

WHAT.No Sword base?Well, that just sucks.Unless they're removing Spooky base, or something.But The Cage thnig... isn't Uncaged and The Cage the same thing? But Uncaged has a gravlift or something?But man, frendly fire off is such a huge boon. Especially on the cage, that little camping spot everyone goes to, I get there first, get betrayed, and spawn with zombies very, very close. But even there I die quick.Meh. Sword base is my most favorite (No vents for me!)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I officially hate my router forever.I was so close to getting my last achievement last night. It was the one were on a 1 flag game you don't let the other team touch the flag. We successfully stopped them in the first round, captured the flag in the second, defended the flag and stopped them again in the third, and while I was celebrating in the last round waiting for the game to end, I got disconnected from xbox live.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just got Reach for Christmas. Its all I've played for 3 months. I am now a Lt. Colonel who is tired of BTB...Are we allowed to share gamertags? I need someone to play with xD.

~Music is what feelings sound like~

96% of teens like either rap or "real music". If you are part of the 4% that appreciate all types of music, copy and paste this into your sig.

I agree and disagree. Straight up firefight is more enjoyable on ODST, but with customization options, Reach's firefight is better when you tweak it or when you just make it ridiculous.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Agh! Has anyone had succes with the achievement "If they came to hear me beg"? Its the one where you survive a fatal fall by assassinating an elite..

96% of teens like either rap or "real music". If you are part of the 4% that appreciate all types of music, copy and paste this into your sig.

I had. I went to the Mission "Pillar of Autumn," and it took multiple trys to get it. As in as soon as I hit around 20, I stopped counting.Head towards the cliff. See that elite at the bottom? Sprint when you're really close to going off the edge and go for him. Again, it will be multiple trial-and-error-and-resetting. Sometimes, that elite will be off the the left, others, you could overshoot him completly (again, more than 20 tries). I even landed on top of him once, hit the assassinate button, but all it did was melee (I can tell you, I was cursing for a good few minutes).I'm sure there's a video of how to do it somewhere. Try finding that first.

Soon to come: Star Wars 7.

Ironically, everyone told me it was the hardest achievement.Potu and... I think UK took me to get it.First try :PShocked em both.The key to it is to just sprint off of the cliff just to the left of one of the boulders. Might take a try or two but you'll usually make it in time to not have the Elite move, and will usually be in the right spot.

Edited by Lord Kini Hawkeye

i got into a heated debate over this with my friend [and by heated debate i mean we played a round of 1v1 to figure out who was right], that being which version of firefight was the best: odst, or reach.personally, odst has it for me. the pistol and SMG are just too much fun to use, but even more satisfying is how dramatically weaker you are. i also personally think the maps were better.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I still think Club Errera should have been a Firefight map, if only because it's basically Crater. Monster closets on the sides were removed though, so I'm not sure how well it would work...That and the fact that the map isn't outside anymore so there wouldn't be any Phantoms or Jackal snipers on that one building so that'd probably affect things.

19704_s.gif

Well remember Sonu, Chasm 4 (not sure if that's the name, but I think it is) is inside, and there's no phantoms or jackal snipers on that map. Just engineers.Also, I found ODST to be more fun because it was more challenging. In Reach you have a ton of weapons, infinite ammo (ammo crates), and armor abilities, but in ODST, you had to conserve your ammo and plan accordingly. Overall, it was much more strategic.Also, there's a halo 4 vidoc already. Not sure what I think of it. It's... different. I have mixed feelings on the armor I've seen so far (I'm warming up to the Chief's, but some of the multiplayer stuff looks weird), and I really hope they have an explanation for why the BR looks different and why Master Chief is in a new suit.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

So, who else noticed that there was no meter for armor abilities when the player was sprinting in the multiplayer segments? Unless they haven't put the meter in yet, I'm hoping that this means that sprinting is now a permanent feature in the Halo franchise.

The Halo 4 gameplay trailer is out. Search it on datvideositeweallknowanduse.It..looks....amazing.Good stuff I like:Return of the BR.Master Chief story development.Actual 'acting', with facial expressions, leaping, movement, etc.HUD looks cooler nowBeautiful. The scene with Chief and the Warthog looked too much like an animation than gameplay.They give a reason for Red Spartans VS Blue Spartans.Bad stuff I want changed:The BR is back, but it looks horrible. To me, it looks like the MW2 Famas, plus a stupid, square scope, along with these techno-advancements which make it seem less 'Halo' and more 'Mass Effect' type weapons.Spartan 4 in Multiplayer? What? Whats the reason for their creation, and why? And their MJOLNIR Armor (If it is MJOLNIR) looks too darn ugly.Also, from Joystiq....Sprinting is confirmed, although AA's aren't.No health packs.No dual wield.

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

This no health packs thing has got me worried. So is this "perks" system they're talking about...I just want it to feel like Halo, and not COD. I agree with JI1223 on the new BR and the Spartan IVs... they look pretty weird.

I personally like the BR, but that's just me. The Armor i'm iffy on, but i'll wait until we can see the full range of what we're given to judge. Default armor is never the best thing to go off of, IMO.Also i don't see the BR as being Mass Effect, i see it as a Futuristic/Modern cross. Besides, if you've ever actually played Mass Effect... well these weapons look nothing at all like them.They don't even have the decency to collapse in on themselves for storage.

no way that girl's real name is wolfkillbr doesn't look mass effecty but still looks bad. ditto to the armour. reach armour wasn't as sleek as 3 armour because reach armour wasn't as good as 3 armour. if 4 armour is better than 3 armour, it should bloody well look it.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I didn't like the armor from Halo 4 at first, but I must admit, it looks quite nice in motion. Master chief looks much more mobile than he used to.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!