The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I just bought ODST the other day, so if someone wants to do any H3 matchmaking I'm game. And 4, since I have all the DLC for 4 as well.

I'm glad 343 finally added another ranking system to Halo 4 that's similar to 3s. Playlist-to-playlist ranks are nice. Oh, and if you play Flood and get in 2nd place 2 times in a row, your rank shoots up about 11 ranks if you started at 1.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Then I guess there is an incentive to return to Halo 4...

after I win Halo 3's campaign on Legendary solo. It's definitely more of a challenge than Halo 4's, at least when the skulls are off. Speaking of which I might try to find all the skulls.

But you guys can feel free to message me and invite me to play Halo 4 if I'm in the middle of something else, I won't mind.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 months later...

Haven't been the biggest halo fan around but recently I got an Xbox and Halo 1, beat it the other night on normal and planning to have a legendary run with a friend soon. Then tomorrow I'm getting Halo 2 which soon after same friend and I are gonna marathon both games.

I'm just ToaD

Did anyone else find the Halo teaser at E3 to be, like, the worst?Just the worst?I've been wracking my brain for the past week and I cannot come up with a single reason John would be wearing a cloak. like, what

Identity concealment, or to keep his armor from getting worn down any further. It didn't look like it was in great shape to begin with.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Did anyone else find the Halo teaser at E3 to be, like, the worst?Just the worst?I've been wracking my brain for the past week and I cannot come up with a single reason John would be wearing a cloak. like, what

you mean the trailer about spartan juan juan seven? Well i say it was interesting, but it reminded to much of destiny. So eh.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so.

New pack announced at RTX which is going to include new armour and weapons skins.

And Mk V and ODST are some of the armour sets added.

Hooray!

I just hope that the pack won't cost money...

Oh and being late to the E3 trailer discuission, can I just say that I was hoping that the cloak was just for the reveal, and didn't mind until Frank said that he is wearing it for a purpose. I don't really mind it, but I think that something more than a cload will need to disguise a 7-foot tall green-armoured man.

EDIT: Oh. The new pack is going to cost 800 MSP... Then again it is a bundle and the armour may be free. Even if it isn't, I'm still getting it.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Any word as to when this pack will drop? and why would ODST be in it? From the story view, it's not that bright. Most ODSTs were turned into S-IVs

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

And it's dropping about August 20th.

Did I mention that it also comes with 2 new maps, Pitfall (A remake of The Pit) and a brand new map called Vertigo.

And weapon skins. I don't really care about that unless they make a new carbine skin that's even better than the current one. And the current one is pretty awesome.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Unfortunately, no. Season pass only covered the first 3 DLC.

And I just learned that you can just buy the maps for 480 points, armour for 240, and weapon skins for 240.

But if you get the bundle, you get bonus stuff. Like poses and such. It also costs less than buying all 3 separately.

Was planning on getting the bundle anyways.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Three. I don't have my copy of Reach ATM, and even if i did, i have school work for the summer i need to do. Friday though, i may join in. It's been a while since i've done a game night or been to one

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Does anyone here know if saving and quitting prevents you from getting the speed reader achievement in CEA? And if it doesn't can you do the "Carter's Helmet Trick" to get it?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Now I feel downright sad about this because I have no Gold and I love having these game nights (Well for me they're game mornings) with you guys.

Does anyone here know if saving and quitting prevents you from getting the speed reader achievement in CEA? And if it doesn't can you do the "Carter's Helmet Trick" to get it?

Don't use tricks, do it like a man. I got Carter's Helmet properly, didn't use a glitch or trick. Granted I have no idea what achievement you're talking about, but still. Tricks are just cheap.

In other news, If They Came to Hear Me Beg was so ridiculously frustrating that it got me halfway to giving up. Still got it though, but I'm slightly disturbed.

...nothing gets me that close to giving up...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Now I feel downright sad about this because I have no Gold and I love having these game nights (Well for me they're game mornings) with you guys.

Don't use tricks, do it like a man. I got Carter's Helmet properly, didn't use a glitch or trick. Granted I have no idea what achievement you're talking about, but still. Tricks are just cheap.

Speed reader is beating The Library under a certain amount of time.

I really do not want to attempt that, even if I had CEA. I'm not sure what the "Carter's helmet trick" is, but I'm assuming it's finding a pathway through the level, fighting as few enemies as possible?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

No. In Reach, you had to beat a level on Legendary without dying to unlock Carter's Helmet. But if you got to the last checkpoint in the level(or any other for that matter but its easiest if you used the last) you only had to get from that checkpoint to the end without dying. I was wondering if you only had to get from the last library checkpoint to the end in under 30 minutes or if they fixed the glitch. And I'm so close to maxing out CEA that I just have to do it. I'm only missing: Speed Reader, Leave It Where It Lay (beat Two Betrayals on Legendary without picking up a new weapon), Never Tell Me The Odds (beat the warthog run in under four minutes on legendary), and Living Legend(Beat the Campaign on Legendary. I'm already on the Library) I mean with only four achievements left, I have to try to get all of them, right? That would make this the first non-Lego game I've maxed out.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Ah, well I'm not entirely sure if that still applies, as I have not played CEA. However, I'm pretty sure if you're being timed it measures how long it took you from checkpoint to checkpoint. I doubt it would only measure from a checkpoint to the end, because then you would easily get it every time.

And I wish you luck on beating The Library on Legendary.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Well thank you and you are right in describing what is supposed to happen, however what I described in Reach is a glitch and I was wondering if it carried over to Anniversary. Also if anyone can prove they got Carter's Helmet in Lone Wolf, they will have my undying (see, it's a pun) respect. But seriously, why didn't Six just hijack a Phantom?

Well thank you and you are right in describing what is supposed to happen, however what I described in Reach is a glitch and I was wondering if it carried over to Anniversary. Also if anyone can prove they got Carter's Helmet in Lone Wolf, they will have my undying (see, it's a pun) respect. But seriously, why didn't Six just hijack a Phantom?

That would need to be 4-player co-op. And the other 3 players would have to be willing to die for the guy getting the helmet in order to help him win.

It's madness.

As for Speed Reader, I want to try that. But I don't have CEA, only CE for PC. The Library isn't that hard, I found Two Betrayals and Keyes to be much harder. The only times the Flood have ever frustrated me much were on the section of Keyes that is fought outside of the ship, and the Halo 3 level Cortana.

That level. Is just. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Its only redeeming quality is that it feels worth it when I reach Cortana, and the fight after you do is moderately fun. Aside from that though I have no fun on that level.

Though when I felt like getting a challenge, I did do that level with Thunderstorm, Cloud, and Tough Luck on.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg