The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Darn it. I don't have my copy of Reach or I would be going to go and do it.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Even custom firefight!

Minimal gravity, max jump height, and jetpack here I come!

Don't forget about minimal health. And may I recommend Overlook? It has lots of high places to die from.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Halo 2. Outskirts. Legendary. Sniper Alley. Me. In other words: :giveup:So if you can't tell I'm stuck there. Any tips?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I haven't done it, but from what I've seen and heard, memorize all the sniper positions and headshot each one extremely fast.

Kind of like the MAC cannon at the end of Halo Reach, except you're not stationary, it's on a smaller scale, and it's more fast-paced because your weapon doesn't charge up but you die in one hit.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

At this point in time, the only Halo achievements I'm missing are from Halo wars, and I only rented that game. And Halo 2, but that's only on pc so it doesn't count.

Well if I remember correctly, you can technically get the achievements from Halo 2 with the help of Games For Windows and have it viewable on your Xbox profile.

Edited by Rix

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading the description of Commander Palmer Armor in the Avatar Store and read!

*spoilers for Spartan Assault and possibly Palmer's Origin comic series*

Once an ODST, Sarah Palmer was hand-picked by former Spartan-III Jun A-266 to be one of the first candidates in the new Spartan IV program. Quickly proving herself during the defense of the UNSC Infinity from a hostile takeover by Insurrectionists, Palmer was soon called upon to lead a Spartan strike team during the historic Battle of Draetheus-V. Now the senior Spartan aboard Infinity, Commander Palmer went on to be instrumental in the recovery of the Master Chief and the defeat of Jul ‘Mdama at Requiem....JUN LIVES

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

That spoiler makes me happy. Next to Emile, Jun was the best.

War...war never changes.

Jun was actually my least favorite Spartan. Of course, he survives, and my favorite, Jorge, died first. =P

- :burnmad:

But his death was meaningful, And do you want Jun to be dead?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Jorge's death wasn't meaningful to anyone but him. He stayed behind to take out one Corvette, only to have countless others take its place. And yes, I would want Jun to be dead if it meant Jorge was alive, because I liked Jun better than Jorge.

Back on the subject of the meaningfulness of Jorge's death, however, I suppose it was compared to the rest of Noble Team's. Kat was sniped by a Jackal (because she took her helmet off in an unsecured area, no less) and Carter crashed the Pelican into a Scarab I, personally, was raring to take out. =P

I don't quite remember the reason's for Emile's and Six's death. IIRC, they were both so Six could secure the landing pad, as his doing so was the reason no one was watching Emile's back, allowing him to get attacked from behind, and why he didn't board the Pelican off. Both of those were meaningful, I guess, so that gives us 3 meaningless deaths, 2 meaningful deaths, and 1 survivor out of a team of six. When you consider the fact that they killed several thousand Covies on the way, though, those are actually pretty good numbers.

No, Kat did have her helmet on when she died, to the best of my knowledge. Its been awhile since I've played Reach's campaign, but I swear she had her helmet on when she was sniped by that needle rifle.

War...war never changes.

Carter's death was meaningful. That scarab would have killed Emile too early :P . And actually Jorge took out the fleet's 28 mile long flagship which was not replaced, so I'd call that pretty meaningful.

Edit: Oh, and Kat was killed by an Elite. The Zealot/Field Marshal (Field Marshals are also Zealots) that escaped in the first mission and was finally killed in the last. Sort of like a boss but done far better than bosses of Halo 2.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Then Kat was the only really meaningless death on NOBLE then. if she had her shields down in a combat zone, or near one, I don't think she would have been long for the world of the living anyway.

War...war never changes.

Ah, I remember now. She took it off in the elevator, then put it back on before exiting.

Kat, I guess, just needed prosthetic situational awareness. Too bad they don't make it. =D

As for Jorge, I suppose that's true, but it still didn't really make much of a difference in the long run. =P (Well, perhaps. If it hadn't been taken out, the planet may have ultimately been glassed sooner, which would have resulted in the loss of Jun and the package. And Keyes, too, if he still tried to retrieve it at the last second, which he probably would have)

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Jun was too busy sniping me in the back of the head on Nightfall Legendary to earn my approval.

Also, I'm a little speculative to take snippets from XBOX marketplace as gospel, especially concerning canon from Reach which is a whole other nightmare.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Seeing someone like Jun have a rank high enough above Spartan-0bn0x10us to hand-pick her, regardless of how I wonder how in his right mind he could have done that, is still cool.

Personally I liked everyone in Noble Team as characters, especially Emile and Jorge, but as in-game allies...

"Jorge. Stop pushing me. Stop pushing me. Stop pushing me--GRENADE, STOP PUSHING ME--GAAAAAH!"

"Ok, wait here." (gets out of Warthog, kills some enemies, activates a switch) "Wait, where's the--" (gets splattered from behind) "KAT!"

"I hate Concussion Rifle Elites. Die!" (Gets sniped) "JUN if you weren't immortal I'd make another exception to my policy about never betraying."

"Emile. You are trying to snipe with a shotgun. At this point I wonder where you were trained."

"CARTER stop stealing my kills when I EMP them!"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Carter doesn't sound that bad. And, "another" exception? What is the first?

His brother. it has to be his brother.

War...war never changes.

Yeah, both of my brothers actually, though when my older brother and I betray each other we're not mad, we're messing around.

On our Legendary co-op, we kept hovering the Falcon near buildings to spawn each other in midair and watch the other fall to his death.

And I had ONE intentional betrayal against an AI ally. A Marine on Sword Base was spawned with a serious mental problem. He wouldn't fire the Gauss Cannon unless we were within suicidal range of the enemy. After so many deaths due to attempts to bear with it, I just betrayed him, stole a Revenant, and killed everything myself.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No, I've only seen a bit about it in GameInformer...I think the best betrayal ever was my dad. He somehow killed Jun...right as he fired a sniper round at a grunt Jun stepped right in his sights and it somehow killed him, he didn't come back until the next checkpoint :P

Yep, under rare circumstances, Noble Team can die of gunfire. My older bro was driving a Wraith with Kat gunning for him, and the enemies all focused fire on Kat. Somehow she died...and never returned for the entire level.

Sadly, today, I had more accidental betrayals (the most common kind for me, thankfully it's still rare), this time on Exodus. I stole a Wraith, but ended up splattering a Marine when I couldn't see him, and once killed a Marine when I confused him for a Brute and fired.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have school and football, so my weekends are kind of hit or miss. Might get some time in this weekend if my APHG teacher doesn't open the homework floodgates.

War...war never changes.