The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Yeah. Only "December 2013".

Come on, Microsoft, come on.

In other news: bizarre Halo:Reach question: I'm debating whether to buy the TacPad forearm armor, since I've just gotten enough credits to do so. Does anybody here have it? From the first person view, are you able to see it on your arm? Without meleeing?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Spartan Assault's release date has now been announced: December 24th! I know what I want for Christmas.

Also, I just realized today while at school that I missed 343 Day and was terribly upset. Is 343 Day and Fiesta Slayer by some fluke still happening today?

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Actually, I concur. It looks fantastic. Although that doesn't mean that I'm willing to swap it for my Mark VI.

Quite a shame that the game is going to be released some time around 2014 for 360 users. Not sure if it's only online coop or has the option for splitcreen.

Edited by MaliceGhost

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Awwww, what? I didn't notice that that was only for Xbox One. I was looking forward to getting it for Christmas.

Thank goodness for a birthday in January. Helps clean up whatever you missed.

Unique thing about the game is that you can actually be infected by the flood spores.

Let's see how that goes.

When shielded, or unshielded only?

WHAT?

343i, whuh ees you doin'?

I'm pretty sure that we've got some canon conflict here the size of Alaska. I know Spartan-Is and Spartan-IIs cannot be infected, but Spartan-IVs can? I mean, it's a cool concept, but I really think that it goes against the flood-invulnerable Spartans that we have grown to know and love.

What are you talking about? I don't remember ever seeing anything about Flood invulnerable Spartans.

Have you played any of the first 3 Halos?

If not, I will summarize what I'm talking about.

Master Chief (as a Spartan-II) does not get infected by the Flood, nor does his corpse get infected. The same goes for Avery J. Johnson (a Spartan-I). They are invulnerable to infection by Flood spores or infection forms. I'm not saying that they cannot be killed by the Flood.

I've been playing Halo: Reach's campaign on Heroic, and I can see why it'd be a major pain on Legendary. I don't know... might try it eventually. That said... to those of you who have both, which do you like better: the space sequence in Reach (Long Night of Solace in Sabre) or in Halo 4 (Midnight in Broadsword)? Personally, both were great with their own strengths. I like how it's a larger, more-open space in Reach, and it really reminded me of Star Wars Battlefront II (nostalgia), cruising around and tearing apart the Corvette, then boarding it. Awesome. That said, Halo 4's section was essentially Halo's Death Star Trench Run and it was awesome. It was fast-paced and crazy, where you and your friend are frantically trying not to get blown up by turrets or killed by your own piloting incompetence as Earth and a beautifully rendered skybox fly past you. Reach's skybox was cool as well for the space mission, but I loved the craziness of the one in Midnight.

Lag can make the easiest of things near impossible. And I happen to have the slowest DSL package possible where I live, so lag is naturally a problem.

Both space sections were fun. Reach's had better combat, but Halo 4's had a very fun trench run.

That trench run was pretty much my favorite part of Halo 4 in general. Not that it makes me like the entire game.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Try Midnight on Legendary with lag.

Crashes occur every five seconds. Plus a huge amount of frustration.

Try playing that. A slight touch of the analog stick will send you flying meters more than you intended.

Or when it feels like you're walking on an ice rink. I remember playing Shutdown with three other friends and all of them were dead (obviously lag + Hunters = a no-go) and I was jumping to safety when lag decided to kick in. I was sent sailing right off the ledge.

Edited by MaliceGhost

Well, lag is a problem that can make even the best moments the worst. Thankfully, I've never really had too many problems with it. I've had worse lag on Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 on my personal computer than any games on my Xbox 360.

Try playing that. A slight touch of the analog stick will send you flying meters more than you intended.

Or when it feels like you're walking on an ice rink. I remember playing Shutdown with three other friends and all of them were dead (obviously lag + Hunters = a no-go) and I was jumping to safety when lag decided to kick in. I was sent sailing right off the ledge.

Exactly what I meant with my first statement. Lag also makes it near impossible to aim.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Exactly what I meant with my first statement. Lag also makes it near impossible to aim.

It also makes everything freeze up in multiplayer so that it seems like only your character is moving. First time that happened to me, I was racking up kills, and then a minute later, I found out that I actually sucked.

Edited by MaliceGhost

All these horror stories about lag make me doubly thankful that I don't really have it in Halo 4 or Reach.

my only issue in the halo games has been load time.

I was playing Halo 3 the other day and I've just noticed that the campaign takes like 5 minutes just to load. It'll stay put at 30% for like 2 minutes, then slowly increase to 60%.

Oh btw, Spartan Assault coop is only for online only. Teardrop.

Edited by MaliceGhost

Never had bad load times with the games. And on the subject of lag, the other night I was doing co-op with Prime, and I was lagging up a storm. We we're doing Sword Base on Legendary, and I was driving the Gauss hog. Ended up driving it over the cliff thats right there after you get it. It sucked so much.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Hi all, I know I have not been here in a while, but I wanted to say that if we want to do another game night, I just ordered an HD PVR 2, and wouldn't mind recording it. Amazon says it should be here on Dec. 27th, but I am not sure. Either way a game night still sounds fun if anyone wants to do it sometime.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

After just watching a little bit of gameplay for an Achievement guide from Achievement Hunter, I'm pretty darn sure I'm gonna get Spartan Assault now. It does look reasonably fun.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'm up for a game night in the coming days. That said, my Live subscription ends on the 1st.

Yep, Spartan Assault's kinda fun.

But also a little easy so far and I'm playing with skulls on. Granted I only did the first set of 5 missions... and inadvertently got an Achievement by doing them all with the Black Eye skull on haha.

I do wonder what it'd be like with several people playing, but unfortunately I'll have to wait for friends on Xbox Live to get it since I've only got one controller for now.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

XboxLive Gamertag, for all interested parties, is in my signature.

However, if you don't want to look at that, it is "PluggedSky51173".

So, this gamenight going to be on the 27th or 28th i take it?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Me be there whenever. Send me a message for when it is.