The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Okay, I think I need to clarify.

The first time, it was an accident. The second time, I saw a big gun drop in for him and I thought it was an incineration cannon, so I crushed him like a soft biscuit. Sadly, it was a Spartan Laser. The idea I was trying to convey was that the booting system is not too consistent.

Thank you for clarifying. I would like to amend my statement.

The booting system is working better than ever.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Just in!

Play Heavies.

Now.

Do it!

In other news, I think the booting system *may* have to do with your current spree - I got splattered or exploded (couldn't tell which) while I was on a running riot only a single time, yet I was given the boot option immediately.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Just in!

Play Heavies.

Now.

Do it!

In other news, I think the booting system *may* have to do with your current spree - I got splattered or exploded (couldn't tell which) while I was on a running riot only a single time, yet I was given the boot option immediately.

Well at least the game knows that you're being productive.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Halo 2: Anniversary basically confirmed.

Steve Downes, Master Chief voice actor, said in an interview that you could expect Halo 5 to be delayed and Anniversary to come this year.

I'll buy an Xbox One just for that.

EDIT: THREE HUNDREDTH POST!

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Halo 2: Anniversary basically confirmed.

Steve Downes, Master Chief voice actor, said in an interview that you could expect Halo 5 to be delayed and Anniversary to come this year.

I'll buy an Xbox One just for that.

EDIT: THREE HUNDREDTH POST!

Unfortunately, Downes later said that he was going off of the rumors he heard, same as the rest of us. Then again, this could be just be damage control from Microsoft. I'm still iffy on all of this. Microsoft hasn't been the most reliable lately when it comes to confirming release dates for their new Halo titles. I remember when they said that Spartan Assault was coming July and then it was basically halfway through the month that they finally said "hey, it's here, guys."

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

• 2 weeks later...

I've just played Halo Wars.

Turns out sending a bunch of marines against a flood horde isn't the best strategy. Within seconds, half of my 40 unit force was either dead or infected. And I was playing on Easy.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus

I'm still waiting for Halo Trilogy on Steam. That would be literally the only way I'd ever be able to play all three games: I never will buy a Microsoft console, and I can't stand dual analog control. It's too bad nothing has ever come of that Steam Database leak that started the whole rumor, even though almost everything else on the list has come true.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

If that ever happens I would be so happy.

I'd buy it for a full $60 price tag (something I have not done for any game on Steam so far), mainly because I really want to play Halo CE and 2 without pirating them onto my computer.

that is

if my computer could run the games...which it probably could, unless they updated the graphics or something.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

If that ever happens I would be so happy.

I'd buy it for a full $60 price tag (something I have not done for any game on Steam so far), mainly because I really want to play Halo CE and 2 without pirating them onto my computer.

that is

if my computer could run the games...which it probably could, unless they updated the graphics or something.

It always irritated me how Microsoft made Halo 2 PC Vista exclusive, with the pretty much only reason being that at the time they wanted something to tempt PC gamers into upgrading. I never was able to play it because of that, unlike Halo 1, of which I have played the entire campaign. And Halo 3 never even made it to PC. What worries me is Halo Trilogy on Steam was potentially happening, but was canceled after Valve pretty much declared war on Microsoft.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Well, remember that Halo 1 exists for Mac, as well as the demo (Silent Cartographer + Blood Gulch=free)... if you're willing to shell out $40. Eks and Zarkan, you guys can easily get ahold of Halo CE and Halo 2 for under $20 on eBay and Amazon. Heck, I got my new one on Amazon for $20 shipped, roughly. Also, any computer can run Halo: CE or Halo 2, as they are very old and have completely undemanding engines or graphics.

• 3 weeks later...

Fun fact. Apparently, in Halo: Escalation, the UNSC Infinity has detected the distress beacon of

a legendary Phoenix class ship missing for 30 years. Looks like the quote "Captain, Wake up. Something has happened" takes place in 2557-2558

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

But what's old new news is that Spartan Assault is confirmed for Steam, on April 4 for $4.99 :)

they'd better go the whole 9 yards and start t putting up Halo 2, CE, and 3 (Maybe Reach?) on there, too.

but first co op mode for SA, because apparently that's not included.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I HIGHLY doubt that we'll see any of the Halos on Steam, let alone the console exclusive ones.

Bad new, I have no more gold, so I can't play halo online until I get more but I way not going to because I Hate Microsoft plus I can just play most have the game I have online on Steam.

So I am hardly going to be on xbox and getting gold just to let you guys know.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Anyone up for Legendary next week?

Um, depending on how busy I am this coming weekend, I might be up for some Legendary Spartan Ops or campaign. I'm a bit rusty though.

In other news, Halo 2: Anniversary is basically confirmed - some big wig at Microsoft or 343 (forgot name) has been talking on the interwebs about what would need to be done to make Halo 2 great... suspicious, eh?

Finally, Halo: Combat Evolved Gamespy multiplayer servers are shutting down this May, on the 31st - http://www.343industries.org/news/_/343-industries-news/halo-combat-evolved-muliplayer-servers-shuttin-r937 I'm actually quite distressed about this, considering I'm insanely good at no-shields slayer and also how much fun this game was (the first Halo game I ever owned).

Anyone up for Legendary next week?

Um, depending on how busy I am this coming weekend, I might be up for some Legendary Spartan Ops or campaign. I'm a bit rusty though.

Well I could play anytime from the 11th to the 20th. The only games I can't play right now are SA and Halo Reach. I'm up for Anniversary, ODST, Wars, 3, or 4.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus

Hmmm. I haven't played Halo in over a month on my Xbox. I'd do Anniversary campaign (though I've never done it on Legendary before, I've got some achievements to clean up, like Breaking Quarantine and This One's For Jenkins!) or Halo 4 Spartan Ops.

Has anyone here read Mortal Dictata, or know someone who has? If so, I'm really curious as to what Noble Six's helmet means on the cover: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Mortal_Dictata

That helmet is most clearly the one that Spartan B-312 left on Reach. In addition, 343 even confirmed that it got a costume prop of the same helmet from Mortal Dictata, which they referred to as belonging formerly to Noble Six.

TL:DR, What's Noble Six's helmet doing in Mortal Dictata, storywise?

Lastly, has anyone bought Spartan Assault on PC on Steam yet? I'm thinking about it, but there's no co-op, which is sad. I could buy it for Xbox 360, but there's no couch co-op...

Has anyone here read Mortal Dictata, or know someone who has? If so, I'm really curious as to what Noble Six's helmet means on the cover: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Mortal_Dictata

That helmet is most clearly the one that Spartan B-312 left on Reach. In addition, 343 even confirmed that it got a costume prop of the same helmet from Mortal Dictata, which they referred to as belonging formerly to Noble Six.

TL:DR, What's Noble Six's helmet doing in Mortal Dictata, storywise?

Well I know what I'm picking up after work today...

Spoiler Alert

Please let us know, Makaru!

Today I got my Halo UNSC Grey Woven button-down shirt in the mail. I know you'll say, "Halo clothing? Ya, right, nerd."

Yes, I'm a nerd, but there is some reasoning - it's on sale for 50% off @ $19.99, which is a steal for a button-down shirt. In addition, I wear some kind of button-down shirt every single day, so it's not like I'm buying some useless fashion accoutrement. Lastly, the logo that identifies it as being nerdy is relatively small and unobtrusive compared to many other nerdy shirts, so I can actually wear it in public without fear of the shame being poured upon my head.

It's also comfy.

I turned on my Xbox for the first time in over a month and a half to play a couple rounds of Ninja Assassins. Increased my Energy Sword commendation a fair bit. The gametype is really fun and fast paced, but as I only got to play on the same map (Abandon - which I love), it got a little repetitive in terms of the gameplay. It's definitely challenging, given the lack of radar and the difficulty of fighting people with Ninja Level 3, but I was hoping that we would get active camo in some way to make us invisible, but it's still great fun and I highly recommend it to any of you guys who are still playing Halo 4.

Today I got my Halo UNSC Grey Woven button-down shirt in the mail. I know you'll say, "Halo clothing? Ya, right, nerd."

Yes, I'm a nerd, but there is some reasoning - it's on sale for 50% off @ $19.99, which is a steal for a button-down shirt. In addition, I wear some kind of button-down shirt every single day, so it's not like I'm buying some useless fashion accoutrement. Lastly, the logo that identifies it as being nerdy is relatively small and unobtrusive compared to many other nerdy shirts, so I can actually wear it in public without fear of the shame being poured upon my head.

It's also comfy.

I turned on my Xbox for the first time in over a month and a half to play a couple rounds of Ninja Assassins. Increased my Energy Sword commendation a fair bit. The gametype is really fun and fast paced, but as I only got to play on the same map (Abandon - which I love), it got a little repetitive in terms of the gameplay. It's definitely challenging, given the lack of radar and the difficulty of fighting people with Ninja Level 3, but I was hoping that we would get active camo in some way to make us invisible, but it's still great fun and I highly recommend it to any of you guys who are still playing Halo 4.

When I wear a shirt that gets me accused of being nerdy, I loudly say "What, you gonna sue me?" or something similar to the accuser. So far that has never failed to shut them up.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The best I can make out of it is that the girl on the cover is just Naomi, and the helmet represents her future. The mask seems to just symbolize the SII program in general, since it's implied her armor is what's on the cover of Thursday War. Reach is only mentioned once in passing, and definitely no mention of the SIII program.

Spoiler Alert

Ah. Disappointing, but thanks for letting us know. Was it a good read, though?

Check it:

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13971

Coming this October, we'll have a Halo 5 Master Chief and ... a Halo 2 Master Chief celebrating the 10th anniversary of Halo 2. Definitely would like to pick those up.

I won't lie, I think the Kilo 5 trilogy is one of the most captivating Sci-Fi novels I've read in a while. Strong female characters, the complete lack of karmic balance. It's all so very, very good. The third one isn't Thursday War, but it didn't disappoint me.

Spoiler Alert

Ah. Disappointing, but thanks for letting us know. Was it a good read, though?

Check it:

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13971

Coming this October, we'll have a Halo 5 Master Chief and ... a Halo 2 Master Chief celebrating the 10th anniversary of Halo 2. Definitely would like to pick those up.

Truly think both Halo 5 (or Halo Xbox One) and Halo 2 Anniversary will both come out within the year? Was contemplating whether or not they would do this, and I suppose they did something similar with Reach/Halo: CE Anniversary.

BZPChat

Hey, Axonn. Haven't seen you around here before.

We've had some debate over it previously, and I can briefly summarize what we've got with respect to H2A.

The 10th Anniversary is coming up this November. In addition, Microsoft announced H:CEA at E3 before the fall launch... E3 is coming up...

There's some interview on the web with Phil Spencer (Microsoft's game boss) with him talking about what would need to be in an H2A game...

We've got a Halo 2 figure commemorating the anniversary...

Microsoft officially has not said anything about H2A.

Chief's voice actor has not confirmed reprising his role in H2A.

Also, has anyone read the Halo: Escalation comics? I'm kind of debating picking them up.