The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

So discuss the amazing video games series here. Yanno, if you think about it, Halo 4 is the Eighth game of the series, not the Seventh (if you count the CE anniversary as one of the games). Surprised this wasn't slammed up immediately... and I swear I didn't see any Halo topics anywhere in CoT. -Skar

Aside from the updates, I'm looking forward to the new Terminals. I'm also hearing rumors that the chapters released from "Glasslands" suggest that the Huragok are being recalled all across the galaxy by an unknown force. If this is true, could this mean a return of a hidden group of Forerunners?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

It's gonna take forever to get to inheritor in Reach. I just became an eclipse, but to get to nova, The amount of credits I have to get is 2.5 million. That's more than it took to get from recruit to general. Ugh. Really lovin' the title update playlist though. ~U_K~

Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

Aside from the updates, I'm looking forward to the new Terminals. I'm also hearing rumors that the chapters released from "Glasslands" suggest that the Huragok are being recalled all across the galaxy by an unknown force. If this is true, could this mean a return of a hidden group of Forerunners?

asdf I do not recall ever hearing about that map. But it's one of my old favorites, so no complaints! I just miss Epitaph, Valhalla and Midship now, really.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I just became a Hero a few days ago... Yeah, Inheritor is looking more and more impossible. Yet I keep seeing more and more of them. And they usually have mics. And they're usually pretty rude. *sigh* Looking forward to Anniversary a whole lot, since I never owned the original game. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I just became a Hero a few days ago... Yeah, Inheritor is looking more and more impossible. Yet I keep seeing more and more of them. And they usually have mics. And they're usually pretty rude. *sigh* Looking forward to Anniversary a whole lot, since I never owned the original game. ~|ET|~

It's amazing and IMO the best Halo. I'm stuck at Brigadier Grade II, but a lot of my friends are still Lt. Colonel, Major, Captain, and Colonel. I'm the highest ranked out of all my friends :P

- TD

Just saw the achievements for Halo CE anniversary. Some make me want to crawl up in a corner and cry. Though it should be interesting considering I haven't played it for ages. Not sure if I should play it on heroic or legendary first. Sonu, maybe we could do legendary together? It's not like there's any achievements for solo.

Campaign Completion Achievement List Pillar of AutumnComplete the level “Pillar of Autumn” on any difficulty.25 points HaloComplete the level “Halo” on any difficulty.25 points Truth and ReconciliationComplete the level “Truth and Reconciliation” on any difficulty.25 points The Silent CartographerComplete the level “The Silent Cartographer” on any difficulty.25 points Assault on the Control RoomComplete the level “Assault on the Control Room” on any difficulty.25 points 343 Guilty SparkComplete the level “343 Guilty Spark” on any difficulty.25 points The LibraryComplete the level “The Library” on any difficulty.25 points Two BetrayalsComplete the level “Two Betrayals” on any difficulty.25 points KeyesComplete the level “Keyes” on any difficulty.25 points The MawComplete the level “The Maw” on any difficulty.25 points Birth of a SpartanComplete every level of the game on Normal difficulty.10 points Believe in a HeroComplete every level of the game on Heroic difficulty.20 points Living LegendComplete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty.50 points Standard Operating BrocedureComplete any level on Normal difficulty cooperatively.10 points BrovershieldComplete any level on Heroic difficulty cooperatively.20 points Bro HammerComplete any level on Legendary difficulty cooperatively.50 points He’s Unstoppable!Complete any level on Heroic difficulty or higher without taking health damage.20 points Level-Specific Achievement List Overshields are for SissiesComplete the level “Pillar of Autumn” on Legendary without picking up an Overshield.10 points Walk it OffComplete the level “Pillar of Autumn” on Legendary without picking up a health kit.25 points No-Fly ZoneDestroy three Banshees in the level “Halo” on any difficulty.10 points How PedestrianComplete the level “Halo” on any difficulty without entering a vehicle.25 points All According to Plan…Kill all the enemies in the first encounter of the level “Truth and Reconciliation” without being detected.10 points Close Quarters CombatComplete the level “Truth and Reconciliation” with at least four rounds left in your Sniper Rifle.25 points BeachheadStorm the Beach on the level “The Silent Cartographer” without losing any marines on Heroic difficulty or above.10 points GrenadierAfter activating the map in the level “The Silent Cartographer,” complete the rest of your mission without firing a shot on Heroic difficulty or above.25 points Wraith HunterDestroy four Wraith tanks in the level “Assault on the Control Room.”10 points I’ll Be Taking That!Pilot a Banshee on the level “Assault on the Control Room.”25 points This One’s for Jenkins!Kill 50 Flood Combat Forms on the level “343 Guilty Spark” on Heroic difficulty or higher.10 points Breaking QuarantineEscape the Forerunner facility on the level “343 Guilty Spark” in 21 minutes.25 points That Just HappenedComplete the level “The Library” on Heroic difficulty or higher without dying.10 points Speed ReaderComplete the level “The Library” on Legendary difficulty in 30 minutes or less.25 points Look Out for the Little GuysComplete the level “Two Betrayals” on Heroic difficulty or higher without killing any Grunts.10 points Leave It Where It LayComplete the level “Two Betrayals” on Legendary difficulty without picking up a new weapon.25 points Tying Up Loose EndsKill every Elite on the level “Keyes” on Heroic difficulty or above.10 points Popcorn.gifKill 100 Flood Infection Forms on the level “Keyes” on Heroic difficulty or above.25 points This Side UpComplete the Warthog ride on the level “The Maw” without being forcibly ejected from your vehicle.10 points Never Tell Me the OddsComplete the Warthog ride on the level “The Maw” on Legendary difficulty with at least a minute remaining on the countdown.25 points New Feature Completion Achievement List What have we here?Read a terminal.10 points Heavy ReadingRead half the terminals hidden throughout the campaign.25 points Dear Diary…Read all of the terminals hidden throughout the campaign.50 points Looks like the OddballFind your first campaign skull.10 points Skulls Taken!Locate half of the skulls hidden throughout the campaign.25 points HeadhunterLocate all the skulls hidden throughout the campaign.50 points TsantsaComplete any level with iron and two other skulls active at Heroic difficulty or higher.50 points

~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Oh lord... I'm thinking unlike with Reach, I'm not going to try and get every campaign achievement on my first run through... That was simply horrendous, and there's so many more here. Co-op ones are going to be especially hard for me unless we can do co-op online. Well, at least I'll have somethin' to do. :P ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Much less scared of legendary now. I have it downloaded on the 360, so I tried out legendary and I am waaaay better. That achievement for losing no health is gonna be super difficult if I'm doing it alone though.I mean, it's still really hard, but Reach did a pretty good job of replicating the difficulty. In Reach I would almost say it's harder because the enemies actually run at you instead of waiting for you to come out of cover. ~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I'm not even sure I've beat a level in Halo CE/2 on Heroic. Those achievements are intimidating. Also I just realized that Rausaro meant the Terminals that you READ (an excellent addition, I agwee). And here I was getting my hopes up for a remake of Terminal. =///////////

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

And with updated graphics...The library is going to be making children across the world cry grand amounts of tears I'm probabaly not going to get anniversary right when it comes out though, I've tired myself out of halo for a while. I know, it's a tragic eventD:

Which is why I'm sort of happy Assassin's Creed: Revelations comes out the same day. :P If I get frustrated with Legendary (which I'll definitely be playing on for my first play through - it's what I've done up till now, so why change things?), I can switch to that. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I'm not allowed to play Halo, which is odd, and annoying, since literally 90% of all the kids i know play Halo, and none are younger than me!

The first game (combat evolved) was quite tame compared to other M rated first person shooters. Well, halo 2 got a bit mild but was still kept tame, halo 3 i could say the same thing. Halo: Reach got much more violent with the neck-wringing stuff. And also, you play as a good guy who shoots hostile aliens. You even defend earth at one point I dunno. Compare to grand theft auto. I heard halo 2 on Legendary is quite hard. anyone ever tried it? i might!1 :winner: Edited by RED JELLY BABY

. .

<--- kfghdjkfhdgmn;

I'm not even sure I've beat a level in Halo CE/2 on Heroic. Those achievements are intimidating. Also I just realized that Rausaro meant the Terminals that you READ (an excellent addition, I agwee). And here I was getting my hopes up for a remake of Terminal. =///////////

Yeah, sorry I didn't make that more specific. I'm quite interested in the hints toward Halo 4. Read the two chapters that were released from Glasslands... wasn't really all that impressed by Karin Travis. ONI is being incredibly stupid by trying to create a Sanghelli Civil war (What could possibly go wrong with alienating our allies?) and Dr. Halsey is acting....different than how the books used to present her. Still, I'm looking forward to Primordial...

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

It's because someone different is writing the stories and is trying to make himself stand out.

I don't mind Greg Bear... Karin Travis is just setting up another Human/Alien war over a lack of conflict. Can't they have a period of peace for even a short time? Do we NEED to troll the Elites so we can "Conquer" them? Can't we just have a truce with the Arbiter's faction? The UNSC is having it's first period of peace in over 28 years....the entire military is depleted...and they want to pick another fight? Still, at this point, I hope they kill off Parangosky. She's basically running the UNSC at this point.

I was on my way to reaching the rank of General in Halo Reach. But then, darn!, Gears of War 3 came out, so bye-bye Halo. For now... Definitely playing the Combat Evolved remake.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

...Traviss is writing for Halo now? She's the one who gave us Star Wars fans much of our Mandalorian/clone trooper fix before the cartoon. It's no surprise she's just writing about fighting. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

According to an interview with 343, Waypoint will be able to allow players to create any custom challenge that we can complete to earn credits. Our friends can compete in it too. Here's the quote: "Custom challenges is another new feature that 343 Industries is excited about. The feature is a riff on the daily and weekly challenges that 343 issues. It allows friends to create their own challenges for one another, such as scoring 50 headshots in a multiplayer match within 24 hours. The custom challenge option will be available in Campaign, Matchmaking Firefight, Multiplayer, and Custom modes. More than just bragging rights, completed custom challenges yield Halo: Reach credits, at a rate that fluctates depending on the difficulty and circumstances of the task. Reach credits can then be spent on cosmetic upgrades, such as new Spartan armor." Also, there's a windows phone app that has real time location of weapon drops and teammates on the map as you play. Thoughts? ~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

People can just set it so they're invincible and have 300% damage, kinda like how people got the Endure challenge. I'm still deciding over which to get first, Battlefield 3 or CEA. I'm thinking Battlefield can wait, I really want to Forge on the new maps. Also, I'll be doing a Halo co-op marathon starting with Reach and ending with Halo 3 when I get CEA.

Flickr: Happybuzzsaw