The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I'll pretty much agree with every one of your post's sentiments. This was a genius move by 343 and MS and I can't wait to play the older games online in 60fps and with DEDICATED SERVERS (perhaps that will improve co-op latency? Yet to be confirmed for sure but it's an idea of mine). I can't guarantee when I'll acquire an Xbox One to play this but it'll definitely be before December 27th because I want to get in on that Guardians beta.

ALSO, I did get the PM! I just haven't gotten around to trying the gametype, lol. Seems like it'd be incredibly fun to partake in in a big lobby. Maybe it's something we'll try next TTV Game Night (or a BZP Game Night, whichever happens first).

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Do dedicated servers help you even if you have slow internet? I have horrendously slow internet because the island where I live's fastest internet is slower than the U.S. mainland's slowest internet.

It doesn't magically improve your internet.

You simply don't have to connect to other people with stupid internet but a data server.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Sure; it'd probably be a good idea to explain to everybody in the topic. :P

-Mesonak

CLUE is an honor-system based game where there is 1 God - usually the host of the lobby at the start - who will then send text messages to two other players who are chosen to be the 'killer', and also reveals who the other killer is. In smaller games you can decrease it to 1 killer. These killers will send a message back saying they acknowledge, and then the game can begin.

Within the game, nobody except the killers are allowed to make an aggressive action - such as Melee, Shoot, and Charge a chargeable weapon. The ONLY time you can do any of those is if you see someone else doing it; if you see someone shoot you can shoot at them. The aim of the killers is to kill everyone without revealing who they are while the aim of the innocents are to simply survive and kill the killers.

In-game, if you figure out who the killer is you MAY NOT reveal who they are. You can say 'Oh i know who the killer is' but you can't say 'Oh the killer is wearing red armor' or something. Nothing that can denote who they are, like armor, armor color, weapon used, etc.

In Halo 4 the gametype works using an oddball. God picks up the oddball and this hides the names of killers, although if a killer goes on a killing spree everybody can see and as such he is fair game to be killed.

The game ends when

1. The killers are the only one remaining.

2. The killers all die

The next god is chosen by

1. The last surviving Killer if they succeed in their mission. The killers have a 1v1 to decide if both of them are alive.

2. The person who killed the last surviving killer.

Yeah, basically that's it. We should get together and play customs someday :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

• 3 weeks later...

I just got around to downloading the update to Halo 2 Vista/Games for Windows Live. Finally. I adore Halo 2's campaign and can't wait to replay its revamped version this fall. Unfortunately, I wish they added maps just for Halo 4, or alongside the default H2A matchmaking. Halo 2's multiplayer is vastly too reliant on the Battle Rifle and requires near-perfect aim (at least on PC) to use effectively. Of course, the people who have mastered the weapon routinely butcher me and others who have not. A game should not force you to one weapon - in H4, I can choose from FOUR different precision weapons from the get-go, and Three automatics - if I'm terrible with the Covenant Carbine, for example, I simply don't need to use it. Such is not the case in Halo 2 Vista.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I would argue against the H4 precision weapons since the preferred weapon of choice ultimately depends on the range and the maps on Halo 4 doesn't offer much in variety of range in cover. But I do get worse every Halo game though, started with Halo 3 and was basically a MLG shooting dummy but was somehow better on Halo 2.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I just got around to downloading the update to Halo 2 Vista/Games for Windows Live. Finally. I adore Halo 2's campaign and can't wait to replay its revamped version this fall. Unfortunately, I wish they added maps just for Halo 4, or alongside the default H2A matchmaking. Halo 2's multiplayer is vastly too reliant on the Battle Rifle and requires near-perfect aim (at least on PC) to use effectively. Of course, the people who have mastered the weapon routinely butcher me and others who have not. A game should not force you to one weapon - in H4, I can choose from FOUR different precision weapons from the get-go, and Three automatics - if I'm terrible with the Covenant Carbine, for example, I simply don't need to use it. Such is not the case in Halo 2 Vista.

Why shouldn't they force it onto you? I can understand why having multiple weapons is nice but I can never understand the other end of the argument, why having just one weapon is bad. Sure, it could dominate maps depending on how it is built (A bit similar to Hemorrhage with DMR's which were mini-snipers) but everybody can get a BR. Simply, the better players are inherently going to beat you whether or not you're using a weapon you like or you don't like. 

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

What I mean is in Halo 4, if there's a weapon I'm bad with, I'm not forced to use it. In Halo 2, there's no way to fight without a Battle Rifld in hand.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

The near total lack of auto-aim on PC using a trackball makes it dang near impossible to use.

The near total lack of auto-aim on PC using a trackball makes it dang near impossible to use.

What? If you're referring to Halo 4, there is no PC version. If you mean Halo 2 PC, there is as much aim assist there as in the console version. I would know, I played both versions.

Anyway, I noticed something about you. You blame the game. A lot.

Instead, you should learn the game. Work to become skilled with the weapon. The best weapons in video games tend to be the ones that take the most work to master. Don't look for a way out.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Axilus.

Play H2V with a trackball. I dare you.

......This is a case where you are literally setting the parameters for yourself to be bad at the game and then accusing the game for being the cause of it. Although I've seen someone do it and do well before, I'm not gonna play using my toes to control the sticks on my controller and then say that, due to my inability to aim, there should be a weapon made for people like me.

• Upvote 2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

What I mean is in Halo 4, if there's a weapon I'm bad with, I'm not forced to use it. In Halo 2, there's no way to fight without a Battle Rifld in hand.

i don't even know where this is coming from; the battle rifle was GOOD in halo 2, but it wasn't as dominant or overpowered as it was in halo 3.

either way halo 2 vista multi is dead forever :( rip in peace

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Wait, what? The multiplayer servers went down?!

Also, someone needs to tell me how to beat Two Betrayals in CEA on Heroic. Heck, I even turned it down to normal, used speedrunning tricks I've seen on Youtube... and nothing works. The rocket flood have friggen laser aim and reflexes like a rocket propelled steroid cat, while somehow in speed vids, NOBODY is shooting anything at the player, which is completely unrealistic. In addition, I've gone about halfway through the level, and I have two checkpoints. One at the banshee, one at the entrance of the 1st outside (non-Forerunner) snow bridge near the start. I go all the way through all the rooms, cross the next two bridges and all the rooms... and I just don't have any other checkpoints. Even worse, Shotgun flood take away half my shields when I'm on the other side of the room. All in all, even in videos of Legendary runs, people just don't get shot. I get shot ALOT and die ALOT even on normal. What's up with this?

I'm not just being whiny here (unlike usual), I require serious help - I do not fundamentally comprehend how this level is supposed to work - I'm getting my shield gunned down in seconds the moment I'm not in cover. If someone can co-op me through in the near future, I'll be in your debt. Otherwise, specific advice would be nice.

P.S. Git gud n00b is not helpful advice, not to mention I'm already quite good at Halo: CE - I've done a bunch of levels on Legendary and Heroic without a problem, but for some reason Two Betrayals is a sticking point for me.

Edited by Wazdakka

Two Betrayals is a hard level to speedrun. It is by nature time consuming. Just take your time, kill everything without exception, even when it looks like you can escape it (if you don't, it'll come back to haunt you later, I'm not kidding.) and progress through.

And take cover every time your shield is down, also without exception, and do not come out for any reason until it is back up. The only fighting you should do when it's down is fighting those that pursue you, which in CE is quite rare anyway.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Wait, what? The multiplayer servers went down?!

Also, someone needs to tell me how to beat Two Betrayals in CEA on Heroic. Heck, I even turned it down to normal, used speedrunning tricks I've seen on Youtube... and nothing works. The rocket flood have friggen laser aim and reflexes like a rocket propelled steroid cat, while somehow in speed vids, NOBODY is shooting anything at the player, which is completely unrealistic. In addition, I've gone about halfway through the level, and I have two checkpoints. One at the banshee, one at the entrance of the 1st outside (non-Forerunner) snow bridge near the start. I go all the way through all the rooms, cross the next two bridges and all the rooms... and I just don't have any other checkpoints. Even worse, Shotgun flood take away half my shields when I'm on the other side of the room. All in all, even in videos of Legendary runs, people just don't get shot. I get shot ALOT and die ALOT even on normal. What's up with this?

I'm not just being whiny here (unlike usual), I require serious help - I do not fundamentally comprehend how this level is supposed to work - I'm getting my shield gunned down in seconds the moment I'm not in cover. If someone can co-op me through in the near future, I'll be in your debt. Otherwise, specific advice would be nice.

P.S. Git gud n00b is not helpful advice, not to mention I'm already quite good at Halo: CE - I've done a bunch of levels on Legendary and Heroic without a problem, but for some reason Two Betrayals is a sticking point for me.

It wasn't that difficult when we played it, if not for the fact that a certain someone keeps running right into my line of fire every so often.

• Upvote 1

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Thanks for the advice.

What maps do you guys hope to see remade in TMCC?

I personally want Big Team maps - Containment, Waterworks, Uplift are all big ones I'd like to see. Of course, as 343 is catering to the fans and their favorites, we'll obviously see Midship and Lockout to go with Ascension and Coagulation. I'm a bit biased as I believe Lockderp and Midboring are far overplayed.

Lockout's been overdone. I'd rather see a Guardian remake and as much as I wanna see Boarding Action come back, I have a feeling that the ranged weapons will be far OP in that map.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

• 3 weeks later...

Guardian is from Halo 3 - why would they remake that in H2A?

Also, anyone in the mood for a game night in the near future? I still need to put the finishing touches on my Gemini remake, but I could really use some testers for 2v2...

If I had my way at 343, the remastered maps would be Prisoner, Derelict, Danger Canyon, Midship, Lockout, and Ice Fields. There hasn't been much love for Halo PC maps at all, aside from the Timberland remake for CEA.

I can't wait to do pistol duels in CE on XBL dedicated servers. Nothing really comes close to such skill-demanding gameplay; Halo has been in easymode for too long. Plus I'm bored of the same servers running the same maps all the time on Custom Edition.

And at the above, a game night sounds great. Which game would it be?

Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Yeah, really excited about the remakes in both H2A and H5G. I don't think I need to pre-order destiny any more.