The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I love High charity because of the ridiculous number of sides in one battle.

Agreed. I always loved storming the corridors, where Elites engaged Brutes, then random Grunts appeared, and also Hunters from both sides. Then there's Chief and the Marines. Edited by FlutterTree

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

the weirdest thing happened on the halo reach campaign is just watch a AI hyjack a scripted falcon and shoot at me with it :???:.

What Level and where?

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Finally got Reach.I'm playing a lot of Matchmaking, and Forge. I haven't beat the campaign, only because of Forge world calling to me...Anyways, I'm making an Infection map that's a giant skyscraper with an up elevator and down elevator. It's going to be awesome!I've only gotten to the second floor out of the 5 there's going to be... and I haven't even made the interior yet. Just the skeleton of the building, zombie spawning point, and the up elevator. Going to make the down elevator after I do all the floors.It's going to be so much fun to play on!

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

if you want some to forge with I don't mind helping you I'm currently converting the island into a very vehicle heavy map that is nearly done I've got rid of those banshees that are the bane of multi-player on that map and replaced them with falcons once its done I think a big team custom game should be the best test.Pm me your GT and I'll forge with you if you want.

Ah ok.I'm currently working on the 4th floor (Working my way down, diffrent theme for each floor), and it's supposed to be a bumperhead floor (Head stuck to celing thing) but one of the celing panels will not line up perfectly with the others, making navigation impossible.It's getting on my nerves.I'll PM you my GT, but it has leet in it, so...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I did it. I beat CEA on legendary. I wish I could say I beat it without using the bandanna skull, but at least I got up to the Library without using it. And except for 343 Guilty Spark and the Libarary, I did it all solo. Also, I thought the 11th terminal was awesome.In conclusion, the library makes me cry.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Ah ok.I'm currently working on the 4th floor (Working my way down, diffrent theme for each floor), and it's supposed to be a bumperhead floor (Head stuck to celing thing) but one of the celing panels will not line up perfectly with the others, making navigation impossible.It's getting on my nerves.I'll PM you my GT, but it has leet in it, so...

I think the best way to fix this is to check the other panels and see what is wrong with is its probably going to take a while but i'm sure it can be fixed it might take a while though depending on the circumstances.Any takers for a Big team to test out the map I modified? Edited by stoney the raptor

I did it. I beat CEA on legendary. I wish I could say I beat it without using the bandanna skull, but at least I got up to the Library without using it. And except for 343 Guilty Spark and the Libarary, I did it all solo. Also, I thought the 11th terminal was awesome.In conclusion, the library makes me cry.~U_K~

XD Great work U_K, I'm starting to go throuhg Legenday. 343 Guilty Spark was fun wasn't it? xpYES, the 11th Terminal was awesome, and the credits we got for Reach!

Well, finally fixed the roof panel.But now the landmine I'm going to use for my elevator button, set on phased physics, won't work.>,<One problem after another...And I shot it, and it exploded but the fusion coil supporting it didn't.Urrg.

that odd maybe set the mine to fixed physics along with the fusion coil maybe that would work?

Yesterday I was watching some Halo videos on that-site-where-people-watch-videos ( it wouldn't allow me write its name without censoring it ) and I saw a shape that caught my attention: doesn't Furno 1.0 weapon look like Halo's Energy Sword?----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Eh, not really. Furno's weapon Curves outward, the Energy sword curves inward.There are similarities, but i doubt it was meant to look like the energy sword.

Beat CEA, and it felt good going back to something familiar.I really wish I had the energy to go back and find every skull and terminal, but I don't think it might happen for a long time.

Xbox Live: The Lucky Shot

It's good to be back :)

Eh, not really. Furno's weapon Curves outward, the Energy sword curves inward.There are similarities, but i doubt it was meant to look like the energy sword.

Never said it was intentionally shaped as Energy Sword, just said it looks like. But you're right about the curves of the two shapes. Another difference is that the Energy Blade, when unsheated, is more like a stick ( or just the Arbiter's one does, don't know, I've never played Halo but I'd like to ), when Furno's Blade seems to revert into into it's metallic part, that is like a double sort of shooter or channel.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my ingenious theory to the villains of Halo 4 that I've been dying to share: Forerunners. For one, look at the concept art. Doesn't that just scream forerunner stuff? And I think I heard something about seeing actual active forerunner technology in the fourth game. It's also stated that Master Chief will face an 'ancient force'. Forerunners, hmm? And at the beginning of this topic I saw something about Huragok getting recalled. I dearly hope the 'ancient force' is not the flood. They may be one of the coolest villans of all time, but they've been overused.Although it's a shame we won't learn more about the Lekgolo (Hunters). Apparently the Hunter form is only the 'tip of the iceberg'. They also seem to have a cool and undeveloped culture. Reciting poetry and war poems... Hmm.Edit: also, I feel obligated to say the coolest part of Halo is that the sides can be so arbitrary. Master chief allies with both his mortal enemies at least once to stop his other more dangerous moral enemy.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Replies in bold

Here's my ingenious theory to the villains of Halo 4 that I've been dying to share: Forerunners.For one, look at the concept art. Doesn't that just scream forerunner stuff? And I think I heard something about seeing actual active forerunner technology in the fourth game. It's also stated that Master Chief will face an 'ancient force'. Forerunners, hmm? And at the beginning of this topic I saw something about Huragok getting recalled.While my own bet is placed firmly on the Precursors, it is possible it will be forerunners. After all they were in an ancient war with the humans. However the Forerunners essentially planned that the humans would be their successors, so it's still an unlikely theory. Both are, in fact. As for the Concept art, doesn't everything in the game scream forerunner? It's pretty much been confirmed that at least part of the game is on a forerunner installation, but so was the entire trilogy. And again with the active forerunner tech, have i been misled this whole time into believing that the halos, monitors, and various sentinels either aren't active or aren't forerunner?I dearly hope the 'ancient force' is not the flood. They may be one of the coolest villans of all time, but they've been overused.I sincerely doubt the ancient force will be the flood. While they are ancient, there are many things out there that are more ancient. Cryptum sheds rediculous amounts of light on this.Although it's a shame we won't learn more about the Lekgolo (Hunters). Apparently the Hunter form is only the 'tip of the iceberg'. They also seem to have a cool and undeveloped culture. Reciting poetry and war poems... Hmm.Um... Okay. Part of me feels you're not really into the story as much as the game. That's okay, but i'm confused as to what you mean. Of course the hunter form is only the tip of the iceberg. Yes, their culture hasn't been explained much, but their worms. There's not a whole ton to learn about them, asides how their culture and society work and how they form colonies with a single cohesive mind. I don't know if you noticed, but in halo three, and reach, the Lekgolo are the things running the scarabs. yanno, the orange "power core" that you shoot? That's a Worm Colony.Edit: also, I feel obligated to say the coolest part of Halo is that the sides can be so arbitrary. Master chief allies with both his mortal enemies at least once to stop his other more dangerous moral enemy.I don't see that as the coolest part of Halo. I see that as the mark of a great story. And it's not so much siding with his mortal enemies to fight a moral enemy. It's siding with one's enemies in an attempt to fight back against an enemy so much greater than both of you. Morality had nothing to do with siding with the Elites against the flood and prophets.Besides, every great story has something along those lines. Halo was never meant to be a black and white story. That stopped the moment the Arbiter was introduced.

And yes, i do mean to be slightly sarcastic. That's mostly just me though. I'm also a massive story nut as far as halo goes, so yeah. Edited by Lord Kini Hawkeye

Finally finished my map, but just changed the elevator to go to floor 4 to floor 2.Not regretting it.Anyone wants to test it out, shoot me a freind request, and ASAP I'll accept, start up the map, and test it out.And on the subject of Halo 4, just by the preview it most likely will take place on a new Sheild world, or maybe some new Forerunner instillation that has never been encountered by anything but the forerunners.Wild speculation here.eh. I can wait until december again.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Finally finished my map, but just changed the elevator to go to floor 4 to floor 2.Not regretting it.Anyone wants to test it out, shoot me a freind request, and ASAP I'll accept, start up the map, and test it out.And on the subject of Halo 4, just by the preview it most likely will take place on a new Sheild world, or maybe some new Forerunner instillation that has never been encountered by anything but the forerunners.Wild speculation here.eh. I can wait until december again.

You bet, I'll just pm my gamer tag.I'm thinking it might be something like that forunner world from the end of Ghosts of Onyx. I havnt played since getting BF3 and Skyrim, but it's time to put back th MJOLNIR armor on and grad my good 'ol rocket launcher.

Sorry my replies are confusing- they're after your bold replies.

Replies in bold

Here's my ingenious theory to the villains of Halo 4 that I've been dying to share: Forerunners.For one, look at the concept art. Doesn't that just scream forerunner stuff? And I think I heard something about seeing actual active forerunner technology in the fourth game. It's also stated that Master Chief will face an 'ancient force'. Forerunners, hmm? And at the beginning of this topic I saw something about Huragok getting recalled.While my own bet is placed firmly on the Precursors, it is possible it will be forerunners. After all they were in an ancient war with the humans. However the Forerunners essentially planned that the humans would be their successors, so it's still an unlikely theory. Both are, in fact. As for the Concept art, doesn't everything in the game scream forerunner? It's pretty much been confirmed that at least part of the game is on a forerunner installation, but so was the entire trilogy. And again with the active forerunner tech, have i been misled this whole time into believing that the halos, monitors, and various sentinels either aren't active or aren't forerunner?Okay, right. I think it's very possible to be the precursors too, but I think the concept art shows otherwise. You are right though; It is likely it just happens on another ancient Forerunner installation. That's a good point. But I think there are still some other clues pointing to a sort of renegade forerunner group that somehow survived the halo rings eons ago. (maybe out of the galaxy?) that could also explain why they'd be willing to fight humans. I saw a quote somewhere about there being even more active forerunner tech than before in Halo 4. Less dormant stuff. More floating tower-like structures.I dearly hope the 'ancient force' is not the flood. They may be one of the coolest villans of all time, but they've been overused.I sincerely doubt the ancient force will be the flood. While they are ancient, there are many things out there that are more ancient. Cryptum sheds rediculous amounts of light on this.I know. I don't think it's the flood either, because there's lots more original/more interesting ideas out there, just hoping it's not them.Although it's a shame we won't learn more about the Lekgolo (Hunters). Apparently the Hunter form is only the 'tip of the iceberg'. They also seem to have a cool and undeveloped culture. Reciting poetry and war poems... Hmm.Um... Okay. Part of me feels you're not really into the story as much as the game. That's okay, but i'm confused as to what you mean. Of course the hunter form is only the tip of the iceberg. Yes, their culture hasn't been explained much, but their worms. There's not a whole ton to learn about them, asides how their culture and society work and how they form colonies with a single cohesive mind. I don't know if you noticed, but in halo three, and reach, the Lekgolo are the things running the scarabs. yanno, the orange "power core" that you shoot? That's a Worm Colony.Yeah, I know. I don't play the game much, I just love the story, actually. I should have been more clear. In a Bungie Weekly Update, Frank O'Connor said: "Hunter society is complex and we have seen but the tiniest fraction of it. There are some fundamental facts about Hunter biology that mean the combat type is just the tip of the iceberg." I'm not sure when that was said, and it might have been before it was revealed that hunters were made up of worms. I was under the impression that meant there's a lot of cool stuff about hunter culture that we don't about, like other Lekgolo forms besides scarabs and hunters.Edit: also, I feel obligated to say the coolest part of Halo is that the sides can be so arbitrary. Master chief allies with both his mortal enemies at least once to stop his other more dangerous moral enemy.I don't see that as the coolest part of Halo. I see that as the mark of a great story. And it's not so much siding with his mortal enemies to fight a moral enemy. It's siding with one's enemies in an attempt to fight back against an enemy so much greater than both of you. Morality had nothing to do with siding with the Elites against the flood and prophets.Besides, every great story has something along those lines. Halo was never meant to be a black and white story. That stopped the moment the Arbiter was introduced.Okay, good point. Morality didn't have anything to do with the flood either, which are pretty singlemindedly evil. I just thought that was a good example of the complex Halo story.

And yes, i do mean to be slightly sarcastic. That's mostly just me though. I'm also a massive story nut as far as halo goes, so yeah.
I should have been more clear originally. Edited by Visaru

I don't know I'd call Flood evil, simply different. Very different. They believe they are saving us by consuming us, making us eternal as part of a shared consciousness. Naturally we disagreed and so fought back.I'd argue the Prophets were the much simpler evil. To remain in control they decided to commit genocide.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Yeah, I agree that the Flood is a "different" enemy. They aren't necessarily evil themselves as they are a perceived evil by Humanity and the Covenant. Their sole nature is to spread their infection, which is naturally devastating for any species out there. Just like the actions of a parasite, the Flood act on instinct and the need for survival.I also agree with the statement about the Prophets. They are a very deceptive, manipulative, and sinister group. They are truly evil by nature, unlike the Flood.

nytronepic2_copy.png

evil is quite a subjective term. correct me if i'm wrong as i haven't played three in some time- but truth was never aware that the rings were designed to kill everybody. it was more a crusade driven by ignorance and loyalty to his religion than maliciousness or evil.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

The book Contact Harvest reveals that Truth, Mercy and Regret all knew humans were the Forerunner's chosen ones, but since they didn't want to elevate the humans to god status and lose their power, they just lied to the Covenant and tried to wipe them out.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, even if the flood don't mean to be evil, their sole goal is butchering and consuming and utterly annihilating every sentient being in the universe. But your right, they're more like a force of nature than an evil mastermind, which is part of why they're cool.And the prophets, even if they thought firing the Halo rings would God-ify the Covenant, were manipulative and sneaky and lying. Just not very nice guys.

I don't know, but I think most of the big points from the books come from the Halo Bible. Contrary to you, the insight into the Covenant and what really started the war is one of the reasons (the other reasons being Lighter Than Some, Dadab and Sif - all great characters) Contact Harvest has been my favorite book.I'm pretty much done with Glasslands and I've ordered Primordium (out tomorrow). A lot of the Amazon reviews for Glasslands were tepid, but I really like it. It's a big book full of setup, so I'm very excited to see where this goes. Also, BB is great and there are a couple huragok characters and huragok are so adorable. :wub:

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Yeah, I agree that the Flood is a "different" enemy. They aren't necessarily evil themselves as they are a perceived evil by Humanity and the Covenant. Their sole nature is to spread their infection, which is naturally devastating for any species out there. Just like the actions of a parasite, the Flood act on instinct and the need for survival.I also agree with the statement about the Prophets. They are a very deceptive, manipulative, and sinister group. They are truly evil by nature, unlike the Flood.

Guys, the Flood is not some poor misunderstood parasite. It's well aware of what it's doing: It's operating on it's Geas to consume those deemed unworthy and to test others

The FLOOD are precursor spawn. It's a bit unclear, but it appears the flood's main purpose is to create new precursors from mature graveminds. Still not totally known if the Primordial one is indeed a precursor, or a twisted on infected by the flood, but it appears the flood are the true "Mantle"... The Prisoner, Primordial, states that Precursors and the Flood are the same. *On that note, however, there is evidence he might be lying, as referenced in Cryptum and his referencing of Humanities creators in third person and not referencing himself*Oh, and there's no cure for the flood. The Ancient human cure did not exist. Rather, the flood allowed the humans to think they were defeated... and they chose not to infect them after passing some precursor test on unity and sacrifice.Also, the Forerunner Precursor war appears to have occurred when the precursors decided the forerunners weren't worthy of the mantle and tried to dispose of them. However, the Forerunners caught wind of this and stopped most of them... Still, some precursors apparently escaped, explaining the origin of the mysterious ships of powder... when the precursors die, it seems they turn into powder.In the words of the Primordium Gravemind.... "Suffering is sweetness". if you don't think a creature that enjoys the suffering of others is evil...well....I'm sorry. It doesn't believe it's saving us...rather, just bringing "Unity and Peace". Perhaps, but the only peace it wants is the lack of competition. It was really sad to read about the other gravemind made of Forerunners and the way they were forced to suffer. That, and how the Primordial used humans in such a cruel manner. Ironic he declared the Humans the true Inheritors.

THE FLOOD are not really a force of nature. I'm glad they finally explain it's purpose... it was too efficient to be a natural predator.*Goes back to reading Primordium*Edit: Looks like the Precursor's plan was revealed... but it leaves so many questions. But one comment suggests that something the precursors set in motion will occur in "101,000 years". IE: Halo 4 era? (2553 should be close to that).Also, It looks like Halo Array 07 could be a future site of a game.

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I just replayed the campaign to Reach.I learned a few things:1) At the end of Pillar of Autumn when you're facing the two Hunters with Emile, at the entrance with the dead soldier and the shotgun there's a sloped wall/roof which you can walk up and go on top of the tunnel. It really helps against the Hunters especially since I only had the dmr and shotgun.2) Spartan Weapons are so much more useful than Covenant weapons in campaign atleast. Save for the Plasma Pistol.3) I'm much better at multiplayer than campaign.4) Reach has an amazing story. (I've only played Reach and ODST;( )I really want to buy CE, then 2, then 3.

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

Guys, the Flood is not some poor misunderstood parasite. It's well aware of what it's doing: It's operating on it's Geas to consume those deemed unworthy and to test others

The FLOOD are precursor spawn. It's a bit unclear, but it appears the flood's main purpose is to create new precursors from mature graveminds. Still not totally known if the Primordial one is indeed a precursor, or a twisted on infected by the flood, but it appears the flood are the true "Mantle"... The Prisoner, Primordial, states that Precursors and the Flood are the same. *On that note, however, there is evidence he might be lying, as referenced in Cryptum and his referencing of Humanities creators in third person and not referencing himself*Oh, and there's no cure for the flood. The Ancient human cure did not exist. Rather, the flood allowed the humans to think they were defeated... and they chose not to infect them after passing some precursor test on unity and sacrifice.Also, the Forerunner Precursor war appears to have occurred when the precursors decided the forerunners weren't worthy of the mantle and tried to dispose of them. However, the Forerunners caught wind of this and stopped most of them... Still, some precursors apparently escaped, explaining the origin of the mysterious ships of powder... when the precursors die, it seems they turn into powder.In the words of the Primordium Gravemind.... "Suffering is sweetness". if you don't think a creature that enjoys the suffering of others is evil...well....I'm sorry. It doesn't believe it's saving us...rather, just bringing "Unity and Peace". Perhaps, but the only peace it wants is the lack of competition. It was really sad to read about the other gravemind made of Forerunners and the way they were forced to suffer. That, and how the Primordial used humans in such a cruel manner. Ironic he declared the Humans the true Inheritors.

THE FLOOD are not really a force of nature. I'm glad they finally explain it's purpose... it was too efficient to be a natural predator.*Goes back to reading Primordium*Edit: Looks like the Precursor's plan was revealed... but it leaves so many questions. But one comment suggests that something the precursors set in motion will occur in "101,000 years". IE: Halo 4 era? (2553 should be close to that).Also, It looks like Halo Array 07 could be a future site of a game.

Next time, could you post what your spoiler is from before posting it? I assumed it was from contact harvest since some guys had been talking about it. I'm kind of disappointed now because of the first line I read. Not hugely surprised, just disappointed that I couldn't confirm my suspicions myself.Also, I loved Contact Harvest. At least until the very end. I felt really awkward reading through those last couple of pages.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg