The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

343 has released an interactive guide on their site which shows all the armor sets (except for the raider helmet) among other things.Also, you don't have to read all the descriptions, but I recommend looking at the description for the FOTUS armor.~U_K~
Cougar class Security protocol? In a Husky Core? That is Unacceptable, Reclaimer XD.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

^ Yeah, I am actually a little surprised. But the fact that the sixth installment of a Halo game is receiving 9.8, 10, 9.5, which is near/higher than Halo 3 (previously highest scoring Halo game), makes me ifininately more excited than I already was.Congrats, 343i, knew you'd pull it off. Now, the waiting for my Limited Edition to come, and standing in line at midnight. Yes. Two copies.- Taka

BZPChat

Shh Halo Wars doesn't count as an installment
Actually, it's more relevant than ever. It was the first Halo game to show a Shield World, and it revealed the fact that possibly hundreds of all types exist (it was Shield World #459, while I think I heard Onyx is #006)

It's confirmed that we get to fly either a single seat pelican gunship or the new Broadsword fighter. One of them is armed with a Spartan Laser.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

A moment of silence for our old companion.
I missed that Plasma Rifle since Halo CE. the Halo 2 and onwards versions just felt like peashooters.

Maybe it's because I never experienced it in multiplayer in Halo: CE... Only in H3 and on. So I must say I'm not going to miss the Plasma Rifle one bit.Also, I have no idea what Armor combination to pick. At all. Nor have I considered what specialization to work towards... Ohhh boy...But I did just find out I might be able to help host a Halo 4 launch party. Which means getting to play the game a whole 2 hours before anyone else! :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

^ Lucky lucky you. My buddy is coming home from school so we can get my copy at midnight, then when he leaves at 4am, he's taking that copy and I wait for Wal-Mart to send me my Limited Edition...... Which brings up my question: anyone know how early Wal-Mart will deliver these?

BZPChat

Maybe it's because I never experienced it in multiplayer in Halo: CE... Only in H3 and on. So I must say I'm not going to miss the Plasma Rifle one bit.Also, I have no idea what Armor combination to pick. At all. Nor have I considered what specialization to work towards... Ohhh boy...But I did just find out I might be able to help host a Halo 4 launch party. Which means getting to play the game a whole 2 hours before anyone else! :P~|ET|~
It was an incredibly accurate rifle in Halo CE, and it actually had significant stopping power, particularly in short busts. In fact, it was so powerful I think it had a knockback effect. Halo 2 on it was more of a weak, flimsy smg thing, a pale shadow of it's former glory.Can't wait for Episode 5 FUD. I bet that Sulivan and Laskey are the only survivors, and that Kelly and Fred will appear.

Yeah, it was great in CE. One of the best weapons to use against the Covenant. In Halo 2 it was only good when you were dual-wielding the Brute variant. And in Halo 3... I preferred dual-wielding the Spiker.I suppose it's not quite right to say it was worthless in later installments, actually. Little known fact is that short of rockets (and the CE Pistol), the Plasma Rifle was one of, if not the, best weapon to use against Hunters in most of the games.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Considering that Flood mode is basically Infection with a new coat of paint and some new stuff for the zombies, it's not that surprising. Besides, they'd have to make new animations for every single weapon being held in the left hand, because I can't see how Flood-Spartans would be able to hold them in their right with that lolhuge claw.

Considering that Flood mode is basically Infection with a new coat of paint and some new stuff for the zombies, it's not that surprising. Besides, they'd have to make new animations for every single weapon being held in the left hand, because I can't see how Flood-Spartans would be able to hold them in their right with that lolhuge claw.
So? There a game dev. Its what they do.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Im so annoyed. Its been confirmed that you cant change the Flood weapons in customs. How stupid is that?
Not very stupid, if you consider that the enemies in infection typically just use swords... I've only see one other varient, and that's with a hammer. I'm not too worried, as they have plenty of updates and DLC for the future. I'm actually grateful we got actual flood and plenty of new features.

Im so annoyed. Its been confirmed that you cant change the Flood weapons in customs. How stupid is that?
Not very stupid, if you consider that the enemies in infection typically just use swords... I've only see one other varient, and that's with a hammer. I'm not too worried, as they have plenty of updates and DLC for the future. I'm actually grateful we got actual flood and plenty of new features.
I would rather we had the normal spartan form if it ment the flood could carry shotguns. Cops and robbers was my fave infection game type. It just seems silly to not even have the option, even if it was only for the spartan type skin. Cant be that hard to do can it?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I think that they should have had an option in the Flood gametype that allowed you to turn the Flood skins on and off... Which would satisfy me so long as we can change weapons when the Flood skins are off. I knew that there would be one drawback on Flood mode, and that's it. I just knew something like this would happen... Oh well. We won't have many different gametypes utilizing Flood, even though Infection was so widely used for so many things...

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Regarding Forward Unto Dawn, am I the only one kind of bothered that Chief is wearing Mk. 6 armor? I get that the series is supposed to be aesthetically similar to Halo 4, but canonincally that armor set shouldn't even exist yet in that period of time.

Regarding Forward Unto Dawn, am I the only one kind of bothered that Chief is wearing Mk. 6 armor? I get that the series is supposed to be aesthetically similar to Halo 4, but canonincally that armor set shouldn't even exist yet in that period of time.
He is actually Waring prototype mark IV IO believe. It just looks similar to VI.
I think that they should have had an option in the Flood gametype that allowed you to turn the Flood skins on and off... Which would satisfy me so long as we can change weapons when the Flood skins are off. I knew that there would be one drawback on Flood mode, and that's it. I just knew something like this would happen... Oh well. We won't have many different gametypes utilizing Flood, even though Infection was so widely used for so many things...
You can change flood skins off, you just cant change the weapons

http://imgon.net/di-EXLO.pngNice picture of all the armors and info on how to unlock the few we know how to unlock.I'm glad Recon has gone fairly untouched, it's been my favorite. I'll definitely be using that helmet, not sure what I'll use for the other armor pieces. Though I like the look of Mark VI (sans helmet). I like Wetwork from the neck down, too, so I may use that. If I were to choose just one complete set that I liked best, though, it would be Warrior.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Pffft, who wouldn't make their Legendary run the first run through the game?It's what I'll be doing for sure.Anyways, I've slowly been narrowing down my armor as well. If I can get it early, I probably will go with the Recon helmet as well. I've used it all throughout Reach and have gotten rather attached to it. And I rather like the Venator body... And although the shoulders for that fit the next description, they're also tiny, so I prefer the EVA shoulders because I like the more angular look to them over some others.Then of course the Specialization I still have no clue on.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

All I know is that I hopefully will get the Map Pass so I can use the Strider helmet. I alzo quite like the Gungnir body, I may use that as well. Not sure on what sholders I should use...Possibly Soldier? I'm going with the Rouge Specialization, simply because I love the helmet and the sholders.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

...Ugh I wish my Limited Edition hadn't shipped already so I could cancel it.I really don't know why I bought it. I wish I'd paid more attention sooner to what it all was. I'd rather have the regular game case and you really get nothing with it... *sigh*~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

...Ugh I wish my Limited Edition hadn't shipped already so I could cancel it.I really don't know why I bought it. I'd rather have the regular game case and you really get nothing with it... *sigh*~|ET|~
I agree. It was a bit of a waste. Still might cancel mine and get season pass instead

...Ugh I wish my Limited Edition hadn't shipped already so I could cancel it.I really don't know why I bought it. I'd rather have the regular game case and you really get nothing with it... *sigh*~|ET|~
I agree. It was a bit of a waste. Still might cancel mine and get season pass instead
I didn't realize it was some weird "pass" for map packs or whatever. I figured it'd be like the ODST Halo 3 multiplayer disk, where you had them all pre-loaded and whatnot. Super disappointing.But seriously that steel case is really bland and boring. I'd much rather have the Halo 4 art. :(~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Hmmm, let's see... My ideal armor would be GUNGNIR ( helmet ), Rogue ( shoulders ), EVA ( chest ), Oceanic ( arms ) and Enforcer or Defender ( legs ).I'm kind of disturbed that they changed so much Commando and HAZOP, they were both nice in Reach. As for the others... well, they actually look more like androids' heads, rather than human supersoldiers' helmets.

Have the Achievements been released yet, do we know?
Yes, there should be the full list.