The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Oh, yes, the AR sounds pretty great, now. I remember reading somewhere that it is a mix from the sounds of the SCAR and the M16.What do you guys now think about the SAW? I can remember some doubts among us about this new weapon, and I was interested in knowing your opinions, since, you know, I've totally changed my idea, now I love it.

I think the boltshot gun was kinda confusing. What is it supposed to do? I keep imagining it works like a plasma gun, but it certainly doesn't.After trying it on Prometheans and the like, I figured it would do better on organic material (Covenant).Turns out I was wrong. It's basically a stupid gun that does practically no harm.Also (don't click on the spoiler tag unless you've already played a few levels of the game) :

Did anyone else feel overpowered by the Didact? Now that we've met him, what are our thoughts?And how fascinating isn't it to see that the Covenant have formed a union with the Didact? I mean, of course they would! They are obviously still strong believers in the Great Journey and the Forerunners, so it comes as no surprise that they'd worship him as a literal god. After all, the powers the Didact wields are pretty god-like.

Edited by Vespertine

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

So I got the raider shoulder and chest, but I don't know the code for the helmet. Turns our that puzzle you found X was the code for the armor. You need to beat the first three spec ops missions and then put the code in. So far no luck finding an pictures or references, anyone got any ideas? I've seen all the terminals and they don't have any clues. I think maybe it will just be released sometime (the code)Edit: reread the specialization info, never-mind that part.

Edited by Toa Zyglak

When you go to waypoint, you can go to confidential(?) by pressing x. From there you choose the option that has the raider helmet, and (once you have the first three spartan ops missions done) you press x again where it brings up the glyph wall and you put certain glyphs in order for the code.I just got five assassinations in a single game of oddball, sweeeeet

I think the boltshot gun was kinda confusing. What is it supposed to do? I keep imagining it works like a plasma gun, but it certainly doesn't.After trying it on Prometheans and the like, I figured it would do better on organic material (Covenant).Turns out I was wrong. It's basically a stupid gun that does practically no harm.Also (don't click on the spoiler tag unless you've already played a few levels of the game) :

Did anyone else feel overpowered by the Didact? Now that we've met him, what are our thoughts?And how fascinating isn't it to see that the Covenant have formed a union with the Didact? I mean, of course they would! They are obviously still strong believers in the Great Journey and the Forerunners, so it comes as no surprise that they'd worship him as a literal god. After all, the powers the Didact wields are pretty god-like.

The Boltshot is good for a couple things. One, it's headshot capable, so you can use it to fend off Crawlers. Two, its overcharge absolutely wrecks at close range. I'm pretty sure it's overcharge does more damage than the Scattershot.

The Storm Covenant is led by Jul 'Mdama, who is secular, so I doubt they joined him for religious reasons. More likely it was tactical. After all, Infinity is scary, and so is the Didact. Why make them both enemies if one has no grudge against you?

Anyway, I found all the Terminals in my first run except the one in Midnight, so I'll have to grab that in my Solo Legendary. =/Did anyone else think the Prometheans were easier than the Covenant?I'm puzzled by the lack of scoring and theater in campaign and theater in Spartan Ops.Played all the first episode of Spartan Ops... by myself because I couldn't find any matches. Sigh. Timezones. Just did them on normal to test them out, but since you have unlimited lives, solo Legendary should be a cinch.Sort of big spoiler

I -love- the design of the Librarian. I don't know why. Objectively, it's kind of dumb. But I think that may be why I like it so much.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Also (don't click on the spoiler tag unless you've already played a few levels of the game) :

Well they are advanced, so I am not surprised that they he is like that.On another note, I found out some things about the voice actors.According to TVTropes Halo 4 Trivia Page-Sarah has the same voice as Female Shepard.-The Didact is voiced by the same guy who did Harbinger.-I went on a certain video site and found that Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter are in the game as well.I will also make a claim that you can agree or disagree with and I can elaborate if someone is curious, but does anyone else think that Halo is probably one of the most gender friendly games out there?

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I thought the Prometheans were a lot harder than the Covenant, actually. Elites I can take down fine with about 8 DMR shots. Knights it takes forever for me to kill unless I can assassinate them. What are they weak against?
Incineration Cannons and Binary Rifles :D//supersecretstrategy Edited by Spink

According to TVTropes Halo 4 Trivia Page-Sarah has the same voice as Female Shepard.-The Didact is voiced by the same guy who did Harbinger.-I went on a certain video site and found that Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter are in the game as well.
Sara Palmer is played by Vadette Lynn, not Jennifer Hale. They do sound similar though.Keith Szarabajka [Harbinger] is also not listed in the game.Conan and Andy, however, are indeed in the game.[source: International Movie Database] Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

According to TVTropes Halo 4 Trivia Page-Sarah has the same voice as Female Shepard.-The Didact is voiced by the same guy who did Harbinger.-I went on a certain video site and found that Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter are in the game as well.
Sara Palmer is played by Vadette Lynn, not Jennifer Hale. They do sound similar though.Keith Szarabajka [Harbinger] is also not listed in the game.Conan and Andy, however, are indeed in the game.[source: International Movie Database]
Notice how bare-bones the IMDB page for Halo 4 is. Jennifer Hale actually did voice Palmer, Vadette simply supplied the face. Keith isn't listed on the Halo 4 page but neither is Didact, and other sources say he is in the game.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I thought the Prometheans were a lot harder than the Covenant, actually. Elites I can take down fine with about 8 DMR shots. Knights it takes forever for me to kill unless I can assassinate them. What are they weak against?
Incineration Cannons and Binary Rifles :biggrin://supersecretstrategy
Check that. Railguns are an easy OHKO against them. You don't even have to hit them in the head.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Just a couple awesome moments playing Halo 4 with other BZPers today. Granted these are from my perspective, as you would imagine, but anyway...Flood Game on ComplexBeggining of matchXXaron: Hey Stigma, hold still.[XXaron melees me from behind, which causes me to turn around and fire my shotgun right next to his head.]Me: Dude, I almost shot you in the face!XXaron: I know, I was just saying hi.Later in the MatchMe, XXaron (whom I just infected with a thruster/melee to the back :P) and CommissionR are all infected now, and there are two survivors on the roof of the complex building, one on the isolated tower and another holding out on the main building roof. Me and CommissionR are both heading for the same target on the main building roof, only CommissionR gets the kill by a millisecond, which launches me all the way up to the lone survivor on the tower and scoring a kill...unintentional team work FTW!I know these are infamous words, but I hope that is still on my Xbox, I did not save it...if not then we will probably have other fun moments later.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Just a couple awesome moments playing Halo 4 with other BZPers today. Granted these are from my perspective, as you would imagine, but anyway...Flood Game on ComplexBeggining of matchXXaron: Hey Stigma, hold still.[XXaron melees me from behind, which causes me to turn around and fire my shotgun right next to his head.]Me: Dude, I almost shot you in the face!XXaron: I know, I was just saying hi.Later in the MatchMe, XXaron (whom I just infected with a thruster/melee to the back :P) and CommissionR are all infected now, and there are two survivors on the roof of the complex building, one on the isolated tower and another holding out on the main building roof. Me and CommissionR are both heading for the same target on the main building roof, only CommissionR gets the kill by a millisecond, which launches me all the way up to the lone survivor on the tower and scoring a kill...unintentional team work FTW!I know these are infamous words, but I hope that is still on my Xbox, I did not save it...if not then we will probably have other fun moments later.
I would like to play with some peeps from BZP. What are you GT's if you dont mind me asking

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Forgot another braggable moment yesterday, I manage to hijack a mantis for the first time, in fact I did it twice in the same game, but the first is the awesome part.On Ragnarok, the enemy team was advancing on our base and there was a brawl in front of it. In the distracting fight, I managed to hijack the Mantis, and plant a grenade inside it, though immediately after I died when a member of the enemy team shot me with a railgun. Why is this braggable? Because that is an awesome way to die if you ask me.Oh and I'll add you Allegretto.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I am King Sharkictus, if anyone wants to play me, I need more people to play on Live...

lawl.png

I have been known as shark112, Shark112, Shark Owns Demons All teh Time (yes the is typoed intentionally), Sharkalicious, The Venom Symbiote, Zyglakky Shark Ranger, Pope Sharkictus CXII, King Sharkictus CXII, Dotor Shark PhD Bionicle, and Shark.

Discovered a new combo for Regicide that works wonders: DMR/Boltshot. Basically, a marksman rifle and a pocket Shotgun with incredible power. You just sit in a narrow section of building with objects to hide around, and lure the enemy in for an easy kill. It's so broken fear.gif

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The Boltshot is so hard to use. Also, I can't figure out the purpose of the Carbine or Light Rifle outside of story mode. The Carbine was freaking awesome in Halo 3 but the made it kill with 8 instead of 7 shots, plus it has less aim assist and straight up longer kill times. The Light Rifle isn't hitscan and has longer kill times than both the DMR and the BR. Can anyone tell me why I should use anything but those two human weapons as my primary gun?

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

The Boltshot is so hard to use. Also, I can't figure out the purpose of the Carbine or Light Rifle outside of story mode. The Carbine was freaking awesome in Halo 3 but the made it kill with 8 instead of 7 shots, plus it has less aim assist and straight up longer kill times. The Light Rifle isn't hitscan and has longer kill times than both the DMR and the BR. Can anyone tell me why I should use anything but those two human weapons as my primary gun?
Boltshot's not that hard to use, but it does take a while to consistently get the timing of the charge right.Also I only use the DMR for those exact reasons.
19704_s.gif

I can kill someone with only 5 rounds with the light rifle, and with 6 for the carbine. I'm just used to no aim assist and I aim for head naturally after 10 years 11 years of playing Halo and all the other games I play. Personally, I don't care much for the DMR, I can get more kills in a single match with AR then DMR even when going head on against a BR or DMR. Also, the suppressor is amazing in my opinion, I destroys at close range.

Is the suppressor and AR good again? I haven't used those since Halo 1, since that's when AR was at its best IMO.

lawl.png

I have been known as shark112, Shark112, Shark Owns Demons All teh Time (yes the is typoed intentionally), Sharkalicious, The Venom Symbiote, Zyglakky Shark Ranger, Pope Sharkictus CXII, King Sharkictus CXII, Dotor Shark PhD Bionicle, and Shark.