• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Halo Topic

Halo Microsoft Xbox Master Chief Covenant

• Please log in to reply
1479 replies to this topic

#921 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:18 PM

I for one am in love with the boltshot, light rifle and carbine. For long range vehicle maps, I use the light rifle and plasma pistol. For smaller maps like haven or adrift, I whip out my trusty carbine and boltshot. Seriously, the light rifle is easily the best gun for long range since in scope, it's only 4 shots in the head to kill. And I love the fast firing of the carbine. I'm constantly winning battles against BRs and DMRs just because I can place each shot and screw up their aiming so much. And the boltshot? Don't even get me started. I get 4-10 kills on average with that gun per game. It's such a good gun. And even if you only take their shields down just shoot them in the head.The weapons are probably my favorite thing about Halo 4 so far.~U_K~

Posted Image

#922 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,327 posts

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:40 PM

Fair warning: I am not that good of a player. I would love to join people on campaign mode for any of the titles.

Im bad too. I was thinking more along the lines of a BZP custom game sesh

#923 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:43 PM

Totally agree, I've won every regicide game (a braggable 4) I've been in by a landslide thanks to my lightrifle and suppressor. I use the plasma pistol on the vehicle maps only, since I tend to do a lot of hijacking and vehicle destroying. And don't even get me started on the Mantis, I LOVE that thing, I went 20 and 2 in a game of Cap the Flag using mantis only. The stomp ability helps soooo much when those nasty little reds try to hijack you. I've noticed not many people use the mantis, which is fine with me, since I just hog it all game since I have much practice with it.Also, Spartan Slayer commendation Expert is gonna take awhile to get, I have 200 something of the 600 kills I need for expert, mastery is going to take forever.And hey, how good you are doesn't matter. I'm really good but I've noticed the less experience tend to make for funner custom games, just a trend I've seen. We definitly need to have a BZP game night (Xaron, I turn to you for that), but not Friday, my dad is having a Halo gamenight of his own (for some reason he doesn't let me play, I think its because I've finally surpassed his skills in Halo :P)

banner.png

Enjoy.

#924 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 01:45 PM

I have been trying to get Spartan Slayer too, forgot my ranking so far but I take it you are also trying to get CIO armor?

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#925 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 05:46 PM

The Boltshot is so hard to use. Also, I can't figure out the purpose of the Carbine or Light Rifle outside of story mode. The Carbine was freaking awesome in Halo 3 but the made it kill with 8 instead of 7 shots, plus it has less aim assist and straight up longer kill times. The Light Rifle isn't hitscan and has longer kill times than both the DMR and the BR. Can anyone tell me why I should use anything but those two human weapons as my primary gun?

Boltshot's not that hard to use, but it does take a while to consistently get the timing of the charge right.Also I only use the DMR for those exact reasons.

I only use the DMR now. I'm finding it near impossible to compete against enemy DMRs with a Lightrifle or BR, especially when I have to hip fire. I haven't tried to counter with the Carbine yet, but judging by the fact that most rounds of Ragnarok are DMR fests, it probably isn't what I'm looking for.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#926 Online J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 723 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 06:12 PM

So some thoughts about the ending (Major spoilers, but I'll try to be vague):
Spoiler
I am thinking of reinstalling the Halo games I own for PC. Does anyone play those anymore?

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#927 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 06:14 PM

The Boltshot is so hard to use. Also, I can't figure out the purpose of the Carbine or Light Rifle outside of story mode. The Carbine was freaking awesome in Halo 3 but the made it kill with 8 instead of 7 shots, plus it has less aim assist and straight up longer kill times. The Light Rifle isn't hitscan and has longer kill times than both the DMR and the BR. Can anyone tell me why I should use anything but those two human weapons as my primary gun?

Boltshot's not that hard to use, but it does take a while to consistently get the timing of the charge right.Also I only use the DMR for those exact reasons.

I only use the DMR now. I'm finding it near impossible to compete against enemy DMRs with a Lightrifle or BR, especially when I have to hip fire. I haven't tried to counter with the Carbine yet, but judging by the fact that most rounds of Ragnarok are DMR fests, it probably isn't what I'm looking for.

Pffft, Lightrifle all the way, four shots is all it takes.

banner.png

Enjoy.

#928 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,096 posts

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 08:11 PM

So.... I'm stuck in the campaign. >_<
Spoiler
~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#929 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 09:00 PM

@ J46 Nui, I have Halo PC and I think I have custom edition installed too, I probably wouldn't mind joining some games with you, though I will probably suck at the PC version, or at least suck worse.As for Turahk, I have not played the level in a while, is there a plasma pistol nearby? If not then try ripping off the turret and hiding behind cover, very simple and probably ineffectual but I felt like I should say something...

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#930 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 11:34 PM

Okay, I've been playing with the Light Rifle and Bolt Shot combo today, and I'm a believer. At least for small/mid size maps. On big ones I'll still go DMR. I still can't see the purpose of the Carbine beyond it disrupting the enemy's aim a bit more than the other guns. It doesn't seem like enough incentive. I hope they buff it.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#931 Offline Transcendence

Transcendence
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 09:24 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Vespertine, Nov 12 2012 - 09:24 AM.

Posted Image
MBTI - Enneagram - Socionics - Holland Quiz

#932 Offline Axonn's Fury

Axonn's Fury
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,872 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 09:51 AM

^His spoiler. Completely. So, SR31 now, been playing around with a few things, and sorry to say to everyone above, but the DMR is the far-supperior weapon in this game. Sure, Light Rifle may be stronger, but DMR is faster. Don't get me wrong, Light Rifle may just be the greatest campaign weapon there is, but the DMR out-performs the Light Rifle quite easily in my book. Although this is coming from a Sniper at heart, so it's in my blood to have quick and good aim. I have come out on top of every 1v1 shoot-out, unless I had been 'naded, or if it was more than one person. DMR is crazy over-powered, I'd give it another shot if I were y'all.Anyways, just beat Solo Legendary (took so long.. stupid work, and weekend trip...). Honestly what a fun campaign. The second time through really just awed me at how amazing this game looks graphically, and just in general how fun it is. But if you guys are doing a BZP game night, let me know, I'm on every day after 5pm Eastern time. - Taka
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#933 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,332 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 12:12 PM

Story-line spoiler regarding the above two posts:
Spoiler

Edited by Makaru, Nov 12 2012 - 12:14 PM.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#934 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 12:32 PM

Story-line spoiler regarding the above two posts:

Spoiler

Same, though I do hope that we get to hear from Stacker and Buck, it would be awesome to have Nathan Fillian back in the games.As some of you may know, I am also a Marathon fan, and when browsing around the dedicated Marathon Story site, I found some stuff about Halo, the early Halo. Most of this information is from 1999 to 2000, if any one is interested in reading them, they are quite interesting.Halo TransmissionsCortana LettersOfficial Halo BackstoryThe original intentions here are interesting, I also remember references to the Cortana Letters in Halo 3. Also Cortana appears to have had an email address among other things. It is cortana@jpl.nasa.gov.

Edited by Samhain, Nov 12 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#935 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 04:00 PM

Spoiler
I am thinking of reinstalling the Halo games I own for PC. Does anyone play those anymore?

Spoiler

Edited by Rausaro, Nov 13 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

#936 Offline Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,578 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 08:10 PM

Spoiler

Dodge_ambulance.gif

#937 Online J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members

• 723 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 08:25 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#938 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 11:38 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Rausaro, Nov 13 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#939 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 11:48 PM

Spoiler

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#940 Offline Transcendence

Transcendence
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 04:12 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#941 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 03:14 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#942 Online J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members

• 723 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 05:22 PM

Spoiler

Edited by J46 Nui, Nov 14 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#943 Offline Transcendence

Transcendence
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 09:24 AM

The Primordial turned out to be a Gravemind, I don't think most or any of what he said held any sort of truth to it :P
Posted Image

#944 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:00 PM

The Primordial turned out to be a Gravemind, I don't think most or any of what he said held any sort of truth to it :P

Well, seeing as we don't know the true biological nature of the Precursors, it's entirely possible he wasn't lying. For all we know, Graveminds could merely be the larval stage of the Precursors. Not to mention, we've never seen a Gravemind that was actually a walking entity resembling an existing creature. The Delta Gravemind was merely a mass of rotting bodies and tentacles, but the Timeless One is actually an arthropodic creature resembling a Sea Scorpion. It's possible that the Didact's bias prevented him from seeing the truth...

Edited by Rausaro, Nov 15 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#945 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,096 posts

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 03:50 PM

Is anybody else annoyed by the extremely quick weapon despawn in, of all things, campaign?~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#946 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,332 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 04:35 PM

YES.This extends to Spartan Ops, but to a lesser degree.

Edited by Makaru, Nov 16 2012 - 04:36 PM.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#947 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,096 posts

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah I figured out the reason I kept having a hard time on the mission I was complaining about before (even after finding a good hiding place) was because everything despawned almost instantly. Even the turret I dragged over disappeared literally before my eyes!I find it truly vexing.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#948 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 05:53 PM

Just finished my solo legendary playthrough. So glad that's over. I had a lot of fun looking for ways to run past as many possible enemies as I could though.~U_K~

Posted Image

#949 Offline The_Didact

The_Didact
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 265 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 07:29 PM

Third episode of Spartan Ops, Catherine, this Monday! !!!
Spoiler

Edited by -Windrider-, Nov 16 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

#950 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 08:47 PM

So my dad has 12 friends over for a Halo 4 gamenight, my dad usually hosts Halo gamenights every once in a blue moon, and they let me join them for a few matches...before they kicked me out :PHeres why:Free-for-all Slayer (not regicide)Map-AbandonKills to win: 60Timelimit: 10 minutesHighest kills that were had-52Second highest-31Simply put, I was leading by 21 points. I now know why they don't let me play with them XD

banner.png

Enjoy.

#951 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,954 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:18 PM

I am in love with the DMR, and the carbine again. Both weapons are amazing, but I wish the carbine was used more often. I've finished the first two Spops missions on Legendary, the campaign on Legendary in co-op, and solo Legendary. I absolutely hated fighting the knights. They were basically bullet sponges.The multiplayer maps, not including the Forge maps (Impact <3) range from bad to great. Haven and Longbow are my favorite maps, and Abandon is my least favorite.I managed to reach a 2.5 K/D with a 65% W/L. Of course, I used the DMR for over half my kills.The things that irk me are minimal:-Extremely fast weapon despawn times-Glitched killcams-And enormous hitboxes(and about my lack of comic sans, I switched to Linux and all the texts are basically the same)

Edited by Akuna Toa of Sonics, Nov 16 2012 - 10:18 PM.

webmaster.png

#952 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:19 AM

Something that was brought to my attention reading up on some halo news and stuff.....
Spoiler

#953 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 10:02 AM

Plan on having some friends over tonight, so I'm available for a halo 4 custom games/online fiesta with whoever else wants to join

banner.png

Enjoy.

#954 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 10:18 AM

Something that was brought to my attention reading up on some halo news and stuff.....

Spoiler

It's the same thing that hit me a lot.
Spoiler
I wonder what'll happen to Chief...

skyrim_banner.jpg

#955 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:56 PM

I will be COMPLETELY off but....
Spoiler

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva, Nov 17 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#956 Offline The_Didact

The_Didact
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 265 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 06:28 PM

I will be COMPLETELY off but....

Spoiler

there's two problems with that:
Spoiler

Edited by The_Didact, Nov 17 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Posted Image

#957 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 09:57 PM

@ TRE: The Ur-Didact was the first Didact, and he served as leader of the Promeatheans. However, during a political shakeup he ran afoul of the Master Builder, and chose exile. The Librarian manipulates a young Forerunner named "Bornstellar", and this Forerunner releases the didact and becomes exposed to some dark secrets. The Didact gives the youth his genetic imprint, and slowly the youth turns into a younger copy of the Original. As of Cryptum, it appears the Master Builder executed the original "Ur" Didact, but Silentium's description reveals that he survived alongside the Bornstellar Didact. As of right now, it's unknown exactly which Didact appears in Halo 4, but my personal guess is it's the original, as the terminals seem to suggest the more human-friendly Bornstellar died while activating Halo.

#958 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 10:56 AM

@ TRE: The Ur-Didact was the first Didact, and he served as leader of the Promeatheans. However, during a political shakeup he ran afoul of the Master Builder, and chose exile. The Librarian manipulates a young Forerunner named "Bornstellar", and this Forerunner releases the didact and becomes exposed to some dark secrets. The Didact gives the youth his genetic imprint, and slowly the youth turns into a younger copy of the Original. As of Cryptum, it appears the Master Builder executed the original "Ur" Didact, but Silentium's description reveals that he survived alongside the Bornstellar Didact. As of right now, it's unknown exactly which Didact appears in Halo 4, but my personal guess is it's the original, as the terminals seem to suggest the more human-friendly Bornstellar died while activating Halo.

Hmmm, now I see. Thank you!

skyrim_banner.jpg

#959 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 01:08 PM

So, anyone else here a rank 40 or higher?Also, I put in a double XP code and activated it (worth six matches) but I haven't had it applied when I play yet, anyone know what's up with that?

banner.png

Enjoy.

#960 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just got to SR 60. Finished Rogue and now starting Operator, and then going Stalker. Probably will do pioneer after just so I can finish all the ones I don't care about as much.~U_K~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users