The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Yeah, tried getting that today... Might be easier if you had people to coordinate with. I just had to hope the driver would think of taking jumps. I think I actually got close on one, but killed him before the jump itself...Also taking quite some time to get the mantis stomping one. Just can never get close enough or still have to deal with teammates raging and blowing me up. >_<~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Also I found out that, for whatever reason, Lonewanderer is incapable of killing me. Call it fate being an excellent troll but everytime he got my shields down or found me without shields, Toa Zyglak kept either stealing his kill or killing me first. But what made it funny was that this happened at least 10 times in a row.

There was also other awesomeness to be told of

Hah, that was awesome. Havn't gotten the pics to file share yet, but once I do I'll work my magic and put up links for the results here XD We really need to make a topic for the BZPFS

Edited by Toa Zyglak

So me and my brother play Halo 3 together on his xbox a lot. I think I've had the most EPIC fails ever. Like this one time, I was riding a prowler and ran over something. I turned around to see what it was and promptly ran over it again. It was a marine.

Does anyone else get a kick out of shooting those blue things that explode?

So me and my brother play Halo 3 together on his xbox a lot. I think I've had the most EPIC fails ever. Like this one time, I was riding a prowler and ran over something. I turned around to see what it was and promptly ran over it again. It was a marine.

Does anyone else get a kick out of shooting those blue things that explode?

What, like spiders? Get'em off.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Oh, those. Sorry, it's hard for me to understand the technical names (Type-25 Directed Energy Rifle, MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System) or the "casual player names" used by people who don't know what everything is called. XD

I played Halo 3 multiplayer only twice, but I did learn to enjoy sticking those while they were near the path of a charging opponent.

Has anyone here beaten Halo 4 on Legendary? I haven't even attempted it, still being on Heroic after winning Normal, but it would be cool to know if anyone can.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have, with a friend, and it was a pain. Though, me and The X are both terrible when it comes to playing halo..

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Well, I'm no master myself, and I need an Xbox. I've been playing Halo 4 at a game place for $1 an hour. Which is oddly not very hard, though it's definitely harder than Halo CE for PC.

Now Legendary on Solo is an even bigger pain. I tried it on Halo CE PC, made it to Level 3, and...well...

Anyone have extra closet space for all the Master Chief corpses?

Also...has anyone here heard of Mythic difficulty? Basically, it's Legendary with all skulls on. Depending on your opinion, you can play it normally, or you must complete it all with no deaths, on solo, all in one go. Needless to say, unless I were to get an Xbox and somehow get divine ultimate skills, I will never try this.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah, I beat it legendary, half of it co-oped. My bro does all of it alone though, mostly since he's younger and doesn't have friends who get n all the time (thank goodness)Rented Black ops 2 for the week, and that's distracted me from Halo, but today I had 6 double XP matches, which I used on spartan ops and finally hit 70, got engineer this time around.

Usually being younger makes you worse at videogames, unless you hit the age of 25 before getting any skills...XD

get n all the time? What?

I REALLY need an Xbox of my own...so I can get in on all this multiplayer action. Level 70, by the rings...I feel so sad to be this far behind the majority of the BZP Halo fans when my actual skills seem to be above average.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I've only done Mythic on Floodgate, largely regarded as the easiest of all Mythic levels. It took a few tries but wasn't terribly difficult, because you can just sprint/hammer your way through in about ten minutes.

As for Halo 4 Solo Legendary, Knights are freaking hard. I beat the first couple levels then just stopped. You know, I still haven't beat the last level of Reach Solo Legendary. I need to get on that.

Halo 3 SL wasn't too bad. Snipers were frustrating but you can just pace yourself. My first playthrough of ODST was SL and it was a lot of fun. I think ODST is the easier SL in the series.

Halo 2 is impossible because SNIPERS and Halo CE just isn't fun on SL to me. Wars is also punishing on even Heroic so I haven't tried Legendary.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Yep. But the name suggests it would be harder. XD

Yeah, Knights can be a threat even on Normal if you're just starting.

I tend to pace myself on Heroic the first time around, to get used to it. I always try to avoid playing Normal once I've done it already. It screws up my skills for an hour after I stop playing it, because it's too easy.

ODST's health system is a bit confusing in my opinion.

Insta-kill snipers. I hate that.

CE on Legendary is screwy and impossible for me, since I only have CE for PC. And of course, that means lag and terrible reaction time due to not having a real Xbox controller.

Speaking of which, I have an Xbox now. I still need to buy Halo 4 though. You guys can add me on XBL. My gamertag is Axilus Prime. (How shocking.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 4 SL took me a few days. Also Cortana is really ugly now, and ordnance drops and loadouts are just as stupid as I was expecting.

All BRs should have been melted down and used to make a monument to the DMR, and the health system with med kits was better, and they shouldn't have changed it back.

So I pretty much hate all the changes 343 made. =P

(At least they didn't bring back dual-wields =P)

- :burnmad:

and the health system with med kits was better, and they shouldn't have changed it back.

I prefer that system as well, but canonically Chief's armor has a built-in health management system. Story wise it would've made no sense to go back to non-regen health.

On the flip side, it makes no sense that MC suddenly forgets how to hold 2 weapons at once

and the health system with med kits was better, and they shouldn't have changed it back.

I prefer that system as well, but canonically Chief's armor has a built-in health management system. Story wise it would've made no sense to go back to non-regen health.

Perhaps it could have malfunctioned?

On the flip side, it makes no sense that MC suddenly forgets how to hold 2 weapons at once

Maybe he had an epiphany, and it's a conscientious objection. =P

Halo 4 SL took me a few days. Also Cortana is really ugly now, and ordnance drops and loadouts are just as stupid as I was expecting.

All BRs should have been melted down and used to make a monument to the DMR, and the health system with med kits was better, and they shouldn't have changed it back.

So I pretty much hate all the changes 343 made. =P

Well, it seems we have very different perceptions. I think Cortana looks better now. Loadouts, I like, ordnance drops, not so much. That's not to say I'd refrain from using either.

BR's can at least be used at close range if you don't have an AR on you, so they're good when trying to snipe in high-risk areas.

I think the whole medkit thing was unrealistic and I like the new system.

Personally, I think dual-wielding was cool and brought more options to the table (and it did have a logical price), but Halo 4 didn't need it. It's already the best game so far, in my opinion.

Does anyone still play this on live, we have not had a halo game night in a while (or at least I have not been present at any since about Christmas).

If I can find and buy Halo 4 soon, I'd go a few rounds with you.

I'm still not over Halo 4's ending.

Ending was perfect, unless you mean the "fight" with the Didact.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'd think he means Cortana's death, which I think was also stupid.

But yes, we have very different opinions. =P

Cortana... Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I can't really argue that point.

As for BRs, it's not their quality, it's the fact that, because they fire bursts, the same shot that pops your shield can kill you if it hits you in the head.

Medkits aren't too unrealistic. I assume they just have biofoam, and considering MJOLNIR has a port for injecting it, and the fact that said MJOLNIR greatly increases the speed at which you move, it wouldn't take more than a second or two to use a medkit, which isn't really much of a stretch from instantaneous healing.

With dual-wielding, I once again dislike it, not for its quality, but for its fairness. Then again, SMGs aren't in 4, so you can't noob combo. Wouldn't have been as bad as in 3, at least.

Cortana... Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I can't really argue that point.

If we're talking about the poor fan fiction that was the demise of Cortana... then yes. It was weird in a bad way.

And it's the face. :P

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

As for BRs, it's not their quality, it's the fact that, because they fire bursts, the same shot that pops your shield can kill you if it hits you in the head.

Oh, that. I never thought of that. Actually, that makes me like it more. (And want to pay more attention if I find opponents with it)

If we're talking about the poor fan fiction that was the demise of Cortana... then yes. It was weird in a bad way.

And it's the face. :P

TAK

She actually did die. Not fan fiction. XD

I personally thought that was...ok. Not good, not bad. Just ok. It didn't screw over my suspension of disbelief, so it did sadden me at the time.

Anyway, does anyone else get drastically less skilled in co-op? Either I'm a lone wolf or I just subconsciously relax when I have a partner to clean up after my screwups.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I am remarkably inconsistent in War Games. One game of Dominion, I'll be facing two guys in a base and get laughably slaughtered. The next game I boot up, I'll defend Charlie from swaths of enemy forces solo while I can only imagine the other bases are re-enacting scenes from Blackadder Goes Forth.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Not at all. I'm really competetive, so when I'm playing with a friend, I kick it up not one, not two, but three notches.

Speaking of playing with others, sniping is way too easy in 4. I used to stink with the sniper, and though I have gotten better, I get killing frenzies and running riots in 4.

I am remarkably inconsistent in War Games. One game of Dominion, I'll be facing two guys in a base and get laughably slaughtered. The next game I boot up, I'll defend Charlie from swaths of enemy forces solo while I can only imagine the other bases are re-enacting scenes from Blackadder Goes Forth.

This. So much this.

Not at all. I'm really competetive, so when I'm playing with a friend, I kick it up not one, not two, but three notches.

Speaking of playing with others, sniping is way too easy in 4. I used to stink with the sniper, and though I have gotten better, I get killing frenzies and running riots in 4.

Whoa. You'd humiliate me to no end if we played an online session, then. XD

Sniping is easier in CE. Much easier. In Reach it was ridiculously difficult, but then again Reach is my least favorite of the series. (No, I don't count Halo Wars as part of the series.) In 4 it seems normal to me, never noticed any extreme ease or difficulty. I do love it though, really fun.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

lol I went somewhere over 25 kills in a game of normal slayer once. =P (That's not a good indicator of my skill though, the enemy team was terrible, as were my teammates. It was like a shooting range)

Anyway, Reach is my favorite of the series. And it's good that you don't count Halo Wars in your comparison (Though I feel we have differing opinions about its quality, I liked it). Comparing FPS to RTS is like comparing apples and oranges. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be ODST. No matchmaking stunk.

But yeah, back to 4, it just feels like aim assist is waaaay upped when sniping to me. At least half the shots I fire, I think, 'Ouch, complete miss,' then I see the guy's head explode. Then again, I might be remembering wrong, I took it back (rental) shortly after I completed the campaign, which was a while ago.

Wow. I once entered a game like that in Halo 3, and I wanted to quit out of boredom, but I didn't want to screw over my profile.

By the rings, I don't think we agree on even one thing when it comes to our preference in games! I thought ODST was decent, but then again I never used its multiplayer. Maybe we would agree if I were to try it. XD

Ah, so you rented it too. Well, there is a reason for that. To account for latency and lag, when you move your gun while shooting, when a round is fired, it draws a "line" from the beginning of the shot to the end. Anything caught in the line was hit by the round. So if you sweep across someone's head in a snipe attempt, you will hit them.

So, how do you guys feel about teamkilling? Personally I view it as seriously shameful. Even teamkilling NPCs.

My younger brother LOVES it for some reason, and kills his teammates whenever a threat is over. To teach him a lesson, I had a co-op match with him and then killed him every chance I got. (Technically, I did this 3 times and he learned...nothing.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

That seems pretty stupid. :

I never team kill, but sometimes if someone's being irritating (popping my shields, finishing me off after an enemy hurts me, damaging my vehicle because they wanted it and they're whiners) I jump in front of their vehicle, then boot them. =P

I never team kill, but sometimes if someone's being irritating (popping my shields, finishing me off after an enemy hurts me, damaging my vehicle because they wanted it and they're whiners) I jump in front of their vehicle, then boot them. =P

Good thing in 4 that teammates can't shoot you to kill you on slayer/BTB...

but can, unfortunately, blow up vehicles you're in. It dosn't kill you, but if you're in a Mantis and people do it... it's really aggrivating. And you can oly splatter teammates now. Still, the fact vehicles can be blown up by teammates is rather irritating.

However, CTF and objective games are different. I remember playing Team Regicide, and I was assasinating someone. King comes up with inceneration cannon, yoinks and kills me. And of course on CTF people can be terrible and betray you for the flag... ah well. It's better than Reach where people could snipe you while they were on your team.

By the way, would anyone be interested in a gamenight tonight/tommorow possibly? Ranging from Reach to 4 (Mainly Reach for fun infection-based games, 4 for multiplayer and insane FFA on my Zero-G map)? GT is XXaron.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

LOL. Griefing for good reason. I have never actually seen that, that's epic. I usually just kill the offending player, though.

Good thing in 4 that teammates can't shoot you to kill you on slayer/BTB...

but can, unfortunately, blow up vehicles you're in. It dosn't kill you, but if you're in a Mantis and people do it... it's really aggrivating. And you can oly splatter teammates now. Still, the fact vehicles can be blown up by teammates is rather irritating.

However, CTF and objective games are different. I remember playing Team Regicide, and I was assasinating someone. King comes up with inceneration cannon, yoinks and kills me. And of course on CTF people can be terrible and betray you for the flag... ah well. It's better than Reach where people could snipe you while they were on your team.

By the way, would anyone be interested in a gamenight tonight/tommorow possibly? Ranging from Reach to 4 (Mainly Reach for fun infection-based games, 4 for multiplayer and insane FFA on my Zero-G map)? GT is XXaron.

A gamenight sounds fun. When? (Please take note of my odd timezone, I live on an island called Saipan. Basically, Australian time.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Anyone else play episodes 6-10 of Spartan Ops yet? They really improved on them, big time. If not then the download for it is free, but it will take a while, and I can say that they did a wonderful job, there are even environments that were not in the game originally (at least I had not seen most of them before).

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Anyone want to hop on and play some halo 4? Anyone?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)