• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Official Halo Topic

Halo Microsoft Xbox Master Chief Covenant

• Please log in to reply
1470 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,289 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 10:32 AM

Packing slip still attached and everything.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#82 Offline Delta Titan Sparta

Delta Titan Sparta
  • Banned Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,042 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 02:51 PM

I'm at Warrant Officer in Reach. The series has always been my favorite franchise. The games get better with each new release, and the books are fantastic. Personally, I nearly wet myself with excitement when I saw the Halo 4 trailer. :P

#83 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,289 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 02:53 PM

New footage on CEA has been released. There will be a "scanning" function built in that utilizes Kinect. Also, new skull; Malfunction disables a random part of your HUD every respawn.

#84 Offline Skarloth

Skarloth
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,769 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 02:59 PM

New footage on CEA has been released. There will be a "scanning" function built in that utilizes Kinect. Also, new skull; Malfunction disables a random part of your HUD every respawn.

Awesomesauce :3 I've never played any game of the series before ODST, so the CE anniversary would be my biggest chance to play the three first games of the trilogy. -Skar

#85 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,289 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 03:24 PM

ODST was my first as well, and take it from me, CE really was one of the best games. EDIT: Also, first time ever; co-op specific cutscenes (ignoring the Aribiter ones from H3. Derp.). As in 2 hushed caskets.

Edited by Makaru, Oct 19 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#86 Offline Delta Titan Sparta

Delta Titan Sparta
  • Banned Members

• 2,042 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 03:26 PM

Overall, I've beaten 3, ODST, and Reach. Two, CE, and Wars I have yet to beat.

#87 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 03:32 PM

I still need to beat ODST and I still need to start on Wars. Finished the rest, hehe. Also, finally, managed to find a limited edition of Reach.Halsey's journal is awesome.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#88 Offline Promised Land

Promised Land
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 437 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 03:33 PM

CE was the first Halo game I played and I've finished all of them (although I only really played Wars on a friend's console).

#89 Offline A Happy Buzzsaw

A Happy Buzzsaw
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,499 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 04:38 PM

ODST was pretty easy on Legendary, the Flood missions on Halo Wars were insane. I didn't even do it on Legendary, those things that launch Flood spore killed me every time.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Happybuzzsaw

#90 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 04:42 PM

I never even tried Halo Wars on Legendary. I had enough problems with Arcadia City on co-op to permanently put me off that game.

Posted Image

#91 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 05:43 PM

I never even tried Halo Wars on Legendary. I had enough problems with Arcadia City on co-op to permanently put me off that game.

Spam infantry. Use SOF healing power on transports. Problem solved. Seems the Chief has a scan feature in CEA that wasn't there before...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#92 Offline Akamai921

Akamai921
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 673 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 05:46 PM

Regardless of what's being added, I'm way too excited for Combat Evolved. Always been my favorite game of the series, and to see it in glorious HD will bring a tear to my eye. A single, forever alone tear.

:hau: :a: :k: :a: :m: :a: :i: :9: :2: :1: :infected:

Edited by Akamai921, Oct 19 2011 - 05:47 PM.

Credit to .:MatoroIgnika:. of Silver Avohkii Enterprises

BURN STUFF!

#93 Offline Silver the Hedgehog

Silver the Hedgehog
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 732 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 08:00 PM

CEA will show everyone that bungie has put the halo franchise in good hands.I am glad it happend or else Halo:Reach would have been the last game they make.
Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,
Go ahead clicky.

Posted Image

#94 Offline Chibinuva

Chibinuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 08:56 PM

I'm not allowed to play Halo, which is odd, and annoying, since literally 90% of all the kids i know play Halo, and none are younger than me!

Same here, since my mom won't let me get any M-rated games. Is there any cursing in Halo: Combat Evolved? (the first one) If there isn't too much, I'll probably download it through xbox live, since my mom doesn't really care about violence and blood as much.

Posted ImagePosted Image <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

#95 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'm not allowed to play Halo, which is odd, and annoying, since literally 90% of all the kids i know play Halo, and none are younger than me!

Same here, since my mom won't let me get any M-rated games. Is there any cursing in Halo: Combat Evolved? (the first one) If there isn't too much, I'll probably download it through xbox live, since my mom doesn't really care about violence and blood as much.

A bit, but nothing too strong.

Posted Image

#96 Offline Michael J. Caboose

Michael J. Caboose
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 900 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 09:28 PM

A bit, but nothing too strong.

But you might want to wait to get the new Anniversary game coming out soon.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#97 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2011 - 10:04 PM

Compared to most games? Barely. Only 5 instances or so in cutscenes, and pretty tame compared to what's in games now. You can also prevent it by avoiding friendly fire.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#98 Offline Chibinuva

Chibinuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 2,737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 01:25 PM

Compared to most games? Barely. Only 5 instances or so in cutscenes, and pretty tame compared to what's in games now. You can also prevent it by avoiding friendly fire.

Okay then, I'll probably get it through Xbox Live. If you download a game through Xbox Live, you can play it through any account right? I'm just wondering since the parent account is the only one that can download M-rated games, but I want to play it with my regular account.

#99 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 01:35 PM

Okay then, I'll probably get it through Xbox Live. If you download a game through Xbox Live, you can play it through any account right? I'm just wondering since the parent account is the only one that can download M-rated games, but I want to play it with my regular account.

If you wait 'til November 15th (I think) you can just get Halo Anniversary. It's the first Halo game but made better. On Amazon you can get it for $40, and get $10 back.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#100 Offline A Happy Buzzsaw

A Happy Buzzsaw
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,499 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image Top Shot- Get 3 headshot kills in a row in a matchmade game.

50 points Posted Image Emergency Room -Infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.

15 points Posted Image Stick it to the Man!- Stick and kill the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.

20 points Posted Image Dive Bomber- Perform a Beat Down on an enemy player while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.

50 points Posted Image License to Kill- Run over 5 people with a Ghost in a matchmade game.

15 points Posted Image Bounty Hunter- Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.

75 points Posted Image From ____'s Heart- Kill an enemy player that sticks you with a Plasma Grenade with their own grenade in a matchmade game. 25 points. New achievements.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Happybuzzsaw

#101 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,289 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 04:48 PM

Bounty Hunter is really the only difficult on there.

#102 Offline Zahaki

Zahaki
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,219 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 05:08 PM

New Halo Reach Achievements? Awww... Now I have to finish that a 4th time now... 1st - got all 1000g2nd - a week after Noble came out.3rd - same day when Defient (So easy those achievements) Now more... *sigh* I did see this coming though, new maps, alway come with new achievements... I would like new armour though from 343.-- I wonder if I can get the achievements before everyone else, because I get the game a day before the US does. Posted Image

zahakibanner14v1.png

Art
:Antique Bionicle Cards:

Signature Under-construction.

#103 Offline Ultimate_Kardas

Ultimate_Kardas
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,678 posts

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 05:21 PM

Augh headhunter. Probably do a couple of these with my friends in a full party anyway. And if we're lucky, we'll be able to do them in custom games like the defiant map pack achievements. ~U_K~

Posted Image

#104 Offline Chibinuva

Chibinuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 2,737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 05:21 PM

If you wait 'til November 15th (I think) you can just get Halo Anniversary. It's the first Halo game but made better. On Amazon you can get it for $40, and get $10 back.

Nah, buying the older game is much cheaper (unless it has more games, or is like Generations with levels from each of the different games.) However, since my mom refuses to get me anything rated M, regardless of content, I'll just have to download it through xbox live. If I did that, would I be able to play it with any account, or just the parent account (which is the only account that could download it.)

#105 Offline Zahaki

Zahaki
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,219 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 05:41 PM

Augh headhunter. Probably do a couple of these with my friends in a full party anyway. And if we're lucky, we'll be able to do them in custom games like the defiant map pack achievements. ~U_K~

Lol, yeah That be cool if we could do that. I didn't know we could until last month I think I found that out, I wa like "Lolwat?" Posted Image

zahakibanner14v1.png

Art
:Antique Bionicle Cards:

Signature Under-construction.

#106 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 06:09 PM

Nah, buying the older game is much cheaper (unless it has more games, or is like Generations with levels from each of the different games.) However, since my mom refuses to get me anything rated M, regardless of content, I'll just have to download it through xbox live. If I did that, would I be able to play it with any account, or just the parent account (which is the only account that could download it.)

It has online Multiplayer and co-op, achievements, much better graphics, Terminals that will tell a side story, a remade soundtrack, and a "Library" feature that allows you to learn more about the characters from the game. If they don't care about violence link them to the Common Sense Media review. It's best to be up front about game ratings, I think, and not sneakily download it.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#107 Offline Chibinuva

Chibinuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 2,737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 06:16 PM

It has online Multiplayer and co-op, achievements, much better graphics, Terminals that will tell a side story, a remade soundtrack, and a "Library" feature that allows you to learn more about the characters from the game. If they don't care about violence link them to the Common Sense Media review. It's best to be up front about game ratings, I think, and not sneakily download it.

Perhaps, but it's also a pain when she's being stubborn and refuses to even consider it simply because of the M-rating. However, I will take your advice and show her the CSM review, since maybe then she'll let us get it.

#108 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 06:30 PM

Also the reviews made by other parents (not Common Sense's own) seem more reasonable to me, since they say overall the game is appropriate for 12+, which is something I agree with. Halo is a really mild M game, I'm not even sure it would get an M rating in 2011.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#109 Offline Vak Il Mio Amore

Vak Il Mio Amore
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 395 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 09:53 PM

Usually the presence of the Flood is one of the biggest contributors to the M-Rating. Without it, Halo loses the Gore part of their ratings altogether- Check your Halo games that do and don't have Flood for proof :3 Honestly, if it weren't for consistency in ratings, I'm sure something like ODST would become Rated T. Otherwise the Flood, especially the graphically better games get, are plenty grotesque.

#110 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,076 posts

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 10:33 PM

I've tried doing a custom game to get the Stockpile achievement, since it's the only one I have left, but it doesn't seem to work for me. :/ And yeah, Bounty Hunter is definitely the only hard one here. I've only managed to do that once (not that people like to play Headhunter a whole lot anyways...). ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, Oct 21 2011 - 08:28 AM.

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#111 Offline Silver the Hedgehog

Silver the Hedgehog
  • Members

• 732 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 11:51 PM

I already got all the acheivements for all halo games that have them.
Go ahead clicky.

Posted Image

#112 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 05:55 AM

I still need to get a few Achievs in Wars...

Posted Image

#113 Offline Chibinuva

Chibinuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 2,737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 09:48 AM

Thanks guys, I'll show her the review later and she lets us get them (or at least Combat Evolved and Reach.) Also, I'm thinking some of the games are rated M partially to get more people, since most FPSes these days are rated M, and as my friends often say, "most good games are rated M," and since many kids think that way, bumping a T rating up to M, or E rating up to T is often used to get more potential buyers. I'll have to show her the review and later and see what she thinks.

#114 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,289 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 10:17 AM

I guarantee that if you play the game on legendary, there will be swearing. It won't be from the game. It will be from you. Even if you don't swear. Even if you don't know any swears, you will have to invent some for The Library.

Edited by Makaru, Oct 21 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#115 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 02:45 PM

I guarantee that if you play the game on legendary, there will be swearing. It won't be from the game. It will be from you. Even if you don't swear. Even if you don't know any swears, you will have to invent some for The Library.

This is very true. I wish Spark would use his eye laser in this game instead of just floating around and humming... might have made things a bit easier.

Posted Image

#116 Offline Triggons

Triggons
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,616 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 02:51 PM

Anyone excited for Halo: Anniversary? The maps look pretty awesome, and I'm really excited to see how well 343 handles a project like this. The campaign looks great, but that was kind of a given. :P

Edited by Oni, Oct 21 2011 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

#117 Offline Chibinuva

Chibinuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 2,737 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2011 - 05:57 PM

Okay, I asked my Mom, and she still refuses to let us get the game on account of it being rated M, and won't even come see the CSM review. Looks like I'll probably just download the first one from Xbox Live then.

#118 Offline Silver the Hedgehog

Silver the Hedgehog
  • Members

• 732 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 09:05 AM

My mom lets me buy the Halo games and I am only elevan.Mainly because my brother used to play those games often but now he does not really. Wish there was some new news on Halo 4 though.I like that more then Halo anniversary.:(
Go ahead clicky.

Posted Image

#119 Offline Vak Il Mio Amore

Vak Il Mio Amore
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 395 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 09:32 AM

Don't worry, it's still over a year away- and if 343 is like Bungie in any way, they'll be pretty good at keeping details under the hood until about the 6-months-to-launch mark. I almost wish they had kept Halo 4 a secret... When they dropped the bombshell on Halo 3 coming out, it'd been a few years since a Halo game was released, and it was extremely exciting. It almost seems to take out some of the oomph by saying, "Ohey, we're also doing this, but it won't be out for awhile!" But that's just how I feel. I missed the Halo 1/Halo 2 releases.

#120 Offline Delta Titan Sparta

Delta Titan Sparta
  • Banned Members

• 2,042 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 01:09 PM

I'm bummed, man. The XBox I was using had its hard drive erased. Now, I'm back at Private. :(

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users