The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

HALO 4The chief faces his toughest fight yet as Forerunner-Unicron threatens to devour our hero. The battle culminates as Chief makes Unicron eat Forward Unto Dawn so Cortana can successfully finish blowing up every ship they have served on.The Arbiter eats a bagel somewhere off-screen.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Just beat Halo: Combat Evolved the other day. Only started playing it around February in school, only during programming class, so that's why it took so long. I wish I could get Halo 2 to work on Windows XP...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

HALO 4The chief faces his toughest fight yet as Forerunner-Unicron threatens to devour our hero. The battle culminates as Chief makes Unicron eat Forward Unto Dawn so Cortana can successfully finish blowing up every ship they have served on.The Arbiter eats a bagel somewhere off-screen.

Still better than Mass Effect 3.

I think I'd actually be totally okay with that.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I think I'd actually be totally okay with that.~|ET|~
I'd buy it. LoL :P

Xbox 360 Gamertag: PetaPanSpartan

I play Halo Reach, Halo 3 and MW3 online.

halo_4.png

So 343 just released info on the Limited Edition, which will include:

• War Games Map Pack AccessThe competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!• SpecializationsEveryone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.• UNSC Infinity Briefing PacketThe UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special EditionThe Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.Digital content also includes in-fiction bonus content that expands the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, special featurette Bringing Gaming into Reality, and a behind the scenes look at the making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVEThe Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

Also, they mentioned that there will not be a Legendary Edition for this game, which something I'm actually kind of thankful for. Now I won't have to wonder if some novelty item that's just going to sit on my shelf is going to be worth the extra cash.

Well, it looks good. I wonder how Specializations, they seem to be awesome. However, I've got some doubts about the AR exclusive skin: should we suppose that multiple skins will be available for weapons? If yes, I'd not know how to behave: I like skins, but they're just not Halo related, IMO. As for Legendary Edition, it kinda ruins the continuity with the previous games. But, again, I dunno if it's good or not.

I WANNA PLAY AS THE ARBITER.
19704_s.gif

I wonder if the Covenants which will take part to MC's adventure will be his allies. I mean, in the right side of the box art there's a destroyed ship which seems to be a Covie one: will be there survivors?We know there will be a new, powerful enemy, as well as that Covenant Separatists, led by the Elites, helped mankind in the last phase of Human/Covenant War. Should we expect to have 'em as allies like it happened in Halo 3?

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that there's going to be a lot of exclusive armor/skins. I've compiled a list of which retailers have which armors.EB GAMES/GAMESTOP:HAZOP armor/forest skin (Worst of the bunch IMO. Simply awful. Way too much empty armor space.)Battle rifle arctic skin (While cool, it's not enough to win me over, especially when paired with that awful armor.)BEST BUY:RAPTOR armor/skin (Cool. Reminds me of Issac from Deadspace.)PLAY:Deadeye helmet/skin (Love this helmet. This is out of the question for me since I think play is a UK company (Correct me if I'm wrong.)AMAZON:CIO armor/web skin (My favorite of the bunch I love the skin, and other than the helmet, it's my favorite armor. I am liking the helmet more and more every time I look at it though. Looks like I'll be buying the game from Amazon. Shipping time isn't a huge deal for me either since I don't really care for this game as much.)blue variant (Not sure if this is real or juts one that someone edited)Bulletproof emblem (I couldn't care less for either of these emblems, but there's no harm in having them.)Spartan emblemMICROSOFT STORE:GUNGNIR armor/pulse skin (It mildly interests me, but Microsoft store is too much of an inconvenience for me.So you can change the color of skins and I'm fairly certain skins are not tied to armor.Also, on the halo bulletin, there's a description of how the new weapon the railgun works. It basically sounds like a guass cannon. Insta kill, half the charge time of a spartan laser, it makes vehicles bounce, roll, or swerve (think bruteshot or concussive rifle), no travel time, and no zoom. (all of this is subject to change BTW)~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

I love the look of the Deadeye helmet. Not really impressed by the rest. :|

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'm a hardcore halo fan, and so is my dad (he was a beta tester for halo 1 and all that jazz) and neither of us are bothered by any of this. I personally love the CIO and Hazop skins/armors. I like how they are expanding on the multiplayer gameplay as well. Sure, you may feel its not very halo like, but Halo is about the Chief, saving mankind, and the sci-fi element thats almost as defining and universal as star wars. Keep an open mind and try to set yourself against certain parts yet, because that might just make the experience less exciting than it should be. Sure, it has many aspects from CoD and BF, but this allows for more types of gamers to join. And instant respawn and weapon drops? Yeah, thats awesome in the eyes of a harded halo veteran/fanboy. Dont get me wrong, its, different, but in the end, its still halo.

I find I like the Gamestop stuff, but then again I kind of like that 3 eyed look on the other armore too. I am not sure but if I do get it then it will probably come from Gamestop anyway.On a gameplay note, I hope the BR behaves more like the DMR, as opposed to the BR from H3.

I'm pretty sure that both the BR and the DMR will be in the game, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

I find I like the Gamestop stuff, but then again I kind of like that 3 eyed look on the other armore too. I am not sure but if I do get it then it will probably come from Gamestop anyway.On a gameplay note, I hope the BR behaves more like the DMR, as opposed to the BR from H3.

I'm pretty sure that both the BR and the DMR will be in the game, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that.
I wasn't worried about whether or not they would be there, I was more worried about game balance. In H3 you will pretty much win every encounter if you have a BR and do the "BR Shuffle".What I liked about the DMR was that it was meant to be a mid to long range weapon and it actually stayed that way.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I wasn't worried about whether or not they would be there, I was more worried about game balance. In H3 you will pretty much win every encounter if you have a BR and do the "BR Shuffle".What I liked about the DMR was that it was meant to be a mid to long range weapon and it actually stayed that way.
Ah, I see. In that case, I agree with you.

Well,Mega blocks made Halo collector sets,,and it's pretty decent. you should check it out.the only bad thing is, that there is all people from noble team except for Emile and noble six.my explanation for that: They were to busy returning Cortana to the tower of autumn.

Well,Mega blocks made Halo collector sets,,and it's pretty decent. you should check it out.the only bad thing is, that there is all people from noble team except for Emile and noble six.my explanation for that: They were to busy returning Cortana to the tower of autumn.

I saw some in Target the other day, and was actually still surprised to see them being sold for Reach (as they were originally released for Halo Wars if I remember right.)

I think the point of a Halo game is to make the weapon system balanced :P

That is the wonderful thing about Halo, it is quite balanced, and if you ask me it is the only FPS to successfully utilize vehicular combat/use without ruining it. But on the topic of weapons, in a game like, say, Half-Life, the pistol is not worth picking up and you probably won't use it that much (the magnum is a different story though, but anyway), on Halo, the pistol actually is worth picking up and has a place in gameplay with situations were you can win practically. Edited by Lazarus

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I think the point of a Halo game is to make the weapon system balanced :P

That is the wonderful thing about Halo, it is quite balanced, and if you ask me it is the only FPS to successfully utilize vehicular combat/use without ruining it.
killzone 3.Ran through Halo 3's campaign for some nostalgia [god, is Halo 3 old enough for nostalgia?]. It is just so much more fun compared to Reach's. Hope Halo 4's campaign keeps up the huge scale fights.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

So, anyone willng to have a BZPer halo custom match sometime this week? Im busy later tonight and friday night, but other than that..Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo Anniversary, which ever we all have/want to play.

I am up for it if enough players join in.

killzone 3.

To be fair, I have not played Killzone 3, and have not heard much of it either, aside from peer criticism. Though this matter is arbitrary.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Halo 4 box art has been revealed. It looks pretty awesome.20120515halo4_full_1.jpg~U_K~

That's... That's.....*faints*
Amen

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I know X should be able. Hopefully. And I have a few non-BZP friends (yeah, they're losers with fragmented childhoods, pity them) who can join as well. I'm thinking tomorrow (I'm super busy Friday and Saturday)starting as earlier as 2 (US central time) or later if need be. I mean, ive got all summer, so we have plenty opportunities. Just want to know what you guys think time wise an which halo games.