The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

UK already posted some info on the railgun on the previous page:

Also" data-date=" on the halo bulletin, there's a description of how the new weapon the railgun works. It basically sounds like a guass cannon. Insta kill, half the charge time of a spartan laser, it makes vehicles bounce, roll, or swerve (think bruteshot or concussive rifle), no travel time, and no zoom. (all of this is subject to change BTW)[/font">

So, that E3 thing.

WHOA. JUST... WHOA.also please let that be buck it probably won't but please

Could you elaborate? :P I'm a bit behind in E3, having worked all day and forgetting to DVR things, but all I've seen so far are some wicked screenshots.Literally, wicked. That new enemy with the gun arm and the tiny arms and the flight is just wicked in all forms of the word. And I love that.

EDIT: And now that I've watched the trailer... Yeah, that's sick. Disappointed that the Laser rifle is just a remade Carbine. ... And then I'm not because I love that gun and missed it so much in Reach. Still want to know what the Covenant are doing there and why it couldn't just be all against the Forerunners. They really present a new dynamic to the enemy ranks and I look forward to fighting them.

Still no idea where you think you saw Buck though haha.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

That footage was just incredible.

I like the forerunner forces present in the game, and am very curious about them. As for Cortana, I wonder if there is a mission where you have to kill her. Granted she could just be saying what she did about "never leaving" to the new threat (whom I presume is The Didact), or she could have completely lost it and gone rampant, though probably not as cool as Durandal. As said above, I highly believe that this "new threat" is The Didact. Here is an interesting theory, what if you have to kill Cortana, but The Didact decides to help you? I have no doubt he could do it if it is him, and again it is a theory.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I've been looking through the Spartan Ops footage that Spike showed yesterday and here are some things that I saw:

-There was a Spartan near the beginning carrying what looked like an energy tower-shield, similar to the one that the new enemy in the campaign footage showed. Maybe this is a new armor ability or equipment is coming back-"Forerunner" weapons will be available in multiplayer-Multiplayer itself is split between War Games (competitive multiplayer) and Spartan Ops (co-op narrative)-There appears to be a new "Forerunner" assault rifle-New assassination animations?-The Covenant Carbine is back-The "Forerunner" shotgun is called the Scattershot

*watches Halo 4 E3 2012 gameplay trailer*Awesome...*mind asplode*

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, that E3 thing.

WHOA. JUST... WHOA.also please let that be buck it probably won't but please

Could you elaborate? :P I'm a bit behind in E3, having worked all day and forgetting to DVR things, but all I've seen so far are some wicked screenshots.Literally, wicked. That new enemy with the gun arm and the tiny arms and the flight is just wicked in all forms of the word. And I love that.

EDIT: And now that I've watched the trailer... Yeah, that's sick. Disappointed that the Laser rifle is just a remade Carbine. ... And then I'm not because I love that gun and missed it so much in Reach. Still want to know what the Covenant are doing there and why it couldn't just be all against the Forerunners. They really present a new dynamic to the enemy ranks and I look forward to fighting them.

Still no idea where you think you saw Buck though haha.~|ET|~

Well, I thought I heard his voice in there somewhere. Really long shot, but I can dream, can't I? :P
19704_s.gif

Alright, I'm officially excited for this game after seeing all the E3 stuff. I've been looking a lot into the multiplayer though, and while I'm loving a lot of the stuff I'm hearing, I can't stand the thought of ordinance drops.Picture time!Soldier helmetOkay helmet. Nothing special.Scout helmetThis is a bad picture for it in my opinion. It looks much better and more akin to the halo 3 version at other angles.Recon helmetGood ol' Recon.Hazop helmetTime has not been good for the Hazop helmet. Awful helmet.Infiltrator helmetInteresting to say the least.Orbital HelmetBetter picture of the Orbital helmetVery cool helmet. I'd be fine if this was the new EVA.Also, no armors are pre-order specific. Only the skins are. Here are any armors I missed from my last picture dump (Or just in higher quality)Gungnir armor/pulse skinVenator armor/raptor skinOceanic armor/circuit skinLocus helmetI love this helmet so much. Easily my most favorite visorless helmet.Anyone hope that the new Elephant is in any multiplayer maps?~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

That Locus helmet made me squee.Wicked.Gears of War 4 crossover promo, like the Mass Effect 3/Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning promotions? :P

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I want to know more about the Multiplayer story.As for ODSTs, Spartan IVs are chosen from ODSTs if I remember right. So it could be that they are merely Spartan IVs in new MJOLNIR armor. It would be sweet to fight along side them in the campaign so long as they are not an army of useless redshirts, if I fight along side them I expect to be impressed.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

The new Elephant looks cool, but all those new helmets look terrible to me. Only Scout, Recon, Gungnir and ODST look okay. But not something exciting.What's exciting is the E3 trailer. It's fantastic.

The new enemies are very interesting. They remind me of the aliens in Crysis, they've also got similar sound packs. Their strength seems like they'll prove them to be enemies way much more hard to fight than Elites. And the way one Elite gets reduced to dust... The little insectoid ones look like to be the equivalent of Covenant Grunts, that means strong in groups but weak if alone. One of the things that amazes me about the Elite-like new enemies is their face, which seems to be covered by a mask, and their winged drone, which has a repulsive system to control and send back grenades. Not to mention their teleport system. The new weapons are cool, as well as the way they get "assembled" when you pick them. Also, the UNSC Infinity will add some good story. It seems like some SPARTANS are inside it... Also, the sound compartment is very good. But Cortana's rampancy at the end gave me the chills. This is gonna be one of the best games ever, IMO.

Edited by Emile A239

I remember being so anxious about Cortana when the first trailer for Halo 4 came out because it didn't really sound like Cortana.But now that we know Jen Taylor will be returning as the voice of Cortana, I can relax again :PBut!WHAT DID THEY DO TO HER FACE?!It's all round and Betty Boop-like. I mean seriously, Cortana used to have a slim and aristocratic facial structure, and now her hair is a perfectly round bob and her face has ballooned! What has happened to my beloved Cortana?! T.T

Edited by Vespertine

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

^ That's true. It really looks a bit like Betty Boop! But I think it also lookssome way more human.Another little thing about Halo 4:

the new enemies are called Prometheans. Big ones are the Knights, the insectoids are the Crawlers and the flying ones with circular things at the sides are the Watchers. ( info found on the official Halo wiki )

I don't know, I guess that 343i is trying to make her look more like the crazy roommate that they're trying to portray in this game :P but yeah Cortana looks totally weird, her hair, her face, she doesn't really look like a hologram even. I really hope that they don't make us have to kill Cortana in the first game of the new trilogy or make it an extended hunt for her throughout the trilogy...Those helmets are gonna be a nightmare to make IRL for all those cosplayers lol

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Cortana is everything I aspire to be. I'd give anything to have her knowledge and curiosity. If they kill her off, I'll be furious. They can't kill the metaphor for exploration in the series. The Halo series is amazement and something bigger than what you are. Cortana is the perfect metaphor for our wish to explore and understand the universe. This isn't a shooter-game. This is a frickin' legend, a legacy. It is pure epic.

Cortana is everything I aspire to be. I'd give anything to have her knowledge and curiosity.If they kill her off, I'll be furious. They can't kill the metaphor for exploration in the series. The Halo series is amazement and something bigger than what you are. Cortana is the perfect metaphor for our wish to explore and understand the universe.This isn't a shooter-game. This is a frickin' legend, a legacy. It is pure epic.
That...that was beautiful...I say we invade Bungie/Microsoft Land if they kill her off...there is no Chief without Cortana, no Cortana without Chief, without one or the other the universe becomes empty.

Also, no armors are pre-order specific. Only the skins are. Here are any armors I missed from my last picture dump (Or just in higher quality)
Wait... so the armor is just in those images for the purpose of displaying the skins? Excellent, because I'm going to the BestBuy launch with my friend but I really want Oceanic.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Cortana is everything I aspire to be. I'd give anything to have her knowledge and curiosity.If they kill her off, I'll be furious. They can't kill the metaphor for exploration in the series. The Halo series is amazement and something bigger than what you are. Cortana is the perfect metaphor for our wish to explore and understand the universe.This isn't a shooter-game. This is a frickin' legend, a legacy. It is pure epic.
That...that was beautiful...I say we invade Bungie/Microsoft Land if they kill her off...there is no Chief without Cortana, no Cortana without Chief, without one or the other the universe becomes empty.
Bungie? Really?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

• 1 month later...
Alright, I'm officially excited for this game after seeing all the E3 stuff. I've been looking a lot into the multiplayer though, and while I'm loving a lot of the stuff I'm hearing, I can't stand the thought of ordinance drops.Picture time!Soldier helmetOkay helmet. Nothing special.Scout helmetThis is a bad picture for it in my opinion. It looks much better and more akin to the halo 3 version at other angles.Recon helmetGood ol' Recon.Hazop helmetTime has not been good for the Hazop helmet. Awful helmet.Infiltrator helmetInteresting to say the least.Orbital HelmetBetter picture of the Orbital helmetVery cool helmet. I'd be fine if this was the new EVA.Also, no armors are pre-order specific. Only the skins are. Here are any armors I missed from my last picture dump (Or just in higher quality)Gungnir armor/pulse skinVenator armor/raptor skinOceanic armor/circuit skinLocus helmetI love this helmet so much. Easily my most favorite visorless helmet.Anyone hope that the new Elephant is in any multiplayer maps?~U_K~
Forest amour skin/weapon design and also a free poster. Edited by Rix

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Bungie? Really?
He doesn't know 343 Industries have switched with Bungie, what's the big deal? You don't have to make such degrading remarks you know ;)

Now, I have yet to read the Forerunner trilogy, but does anyone else think that the older Flood were perhaps more terrifying then the ones in the games? From what I was told:To quote the Nightmare Fuel Entry on it...

• The Forerunner saga amps it up with the Flood: in Primordium, several of the characters are trapped on a Halo where assimilated Forerunners, some still alive under the Flood's control, walk around like everyday business. Unused ones are reduced to fleshy puddles, assimilated ones have deformations and extra body parts (including heads), and one is even described as a snake with a Forerunner's face, who is still conscious and in constant pain.
Edited by Makaru

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Now, I have yet to read the Forerunner trilogy, but does anyone else think that the older Flood were perhaps more terrifying then the ones in the games? From what I was told:To quote TV Trope's Nightmare Fuel Entry on it...
  • The Forerunner saga amps it up with the Flood: in Primordium, several of the characters are trapped on a Halo where assimilated Forerunners, some still alive under the Flood's control, walk around like everyday business. Unused ones are reduced to fleshy puddles, assimilated ones have deformations and extra body parts (including heads), and one is even described as a snake with a Forerunner's face, who is still conscious and in constant pain.
Much more terrifying. The ones in CE would just get back up after you shoot them, which scared us to death when me and my friend when we were playing The Library. Edited by Makaru

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Now, I have yet to read the Forerunner trilogy, but does anyone else think that the older Flood were perhaps more terrifying then the ones in the games? From what I was told:To quote TV Trope's Nightmare Fuel Entry on it...
Much more terrifying. The ones in CE would just get back up after you shoot them, which scared us to death when me and my friend when we were playing The Library.
I was referring to the one's in the Forerunner trilogy, but I do agree that the ones in CE were a lot tougher, even if the infection forms did not insta-kill your when shieldless or infect your marines when alive. I remember them getting back up when shot at, I also recall a time when it's back was too me so I thought I could assassinate it, imagine my surprise when I found out not even that works on them.Oh and in the level 343 Guilty Spark, you can actually see a few combat forms in the swamp. When you are on the tree bridge look up and you should see two human combat forms (heavily silhouetted) running into the woods, then an elite combat form comes out and stares at you for a little bit (still silhouetted) before also venturing into the woods. Or at least that has happened to me once. Edited by Makaru

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I hope that in the future games of this new series, if this first survives our expectations, Master Chief will be alone. I mean, it's too easy, in my opinion, to fight hordes of enemies with the crew of a 3.5 miles long ship. And many of them are Spartan IV. Dunno how many will survive the crash-landing and the attack of the Prometheans, but, hey, that's too easy!Also, I'd like see, at least once, how they wear those suits. I don't think there's a zip fastener...