The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

New footage on CEA has been released. There will be a "scanning" function built in that utilizes Kinect. Also, new skull; Malfunction disables a random part of your HUD every respawn.

Awesomesauce :3 I've never played any game of the series before ODST, so the CE anniversary would be my biggest chance to play the three first games of the trilogy. -Skar

ODST was my first as well, and take it from me, CE really was one of the best games. EDIT: Also, first time ever; co-op specific cutscenes (ignoring the Aribiter ones from H3. Derp.). As in 2 hushed caskets.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I still need to beat ODST and I still need to start on Wars. Finished the rest, hehe. Also, finally, managed to find a limited edition of Reach.Halsey's journal is awesome.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I never even tried Halo Wars on Legendary. I had enough problems with Arcadia City on co-op to permanently put me off that game.

Spam infantry. Use SOF healing power on transports. Problem solved. Seems the Chief has a scan feature in CEA that wasn't there before...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I'm not allowed to play Halo, which is odd, and annoying, since literally 90% of all the kids i know play Halo, and none are younger than me!

Same here, since my mom won't let me get any M-rated games. Is there any cursing in Halo: Combat Evolved? (the first one) If there isn't too much, I'll probably download it through xbox live, since my mom doesn't really care about violence and blood as much.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I'm not allowed to play Halo, which is odd, and annoying, since literally 90% of all the kids i know play Halo, and none are younger than me!

Same here, since my mom won't let me get any M-rated games. Is there any cursing in Halo: Combat Evolved? (the first one) If there isn't too much, I'll probably download it through xbox live, since my mom doesn't really care about violence and blood as much.
A bit, but nothing too strong.
19704_s.gif

A bit, but nothing too strong.
But you might want to wait to get the new Anniversary game coming out soon.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Compared to most games? Barely. Only 5 instances or so in cutscenes, and pretty tame compared to what's in games now. You can also prevent it by avoiding friendly fire.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Compared to most games? Barely. Only 5 instances or so in cutscenes, and pretty tame compared to what's in games now. You can also prevent it by avoiding friendly fire.
Okay then, I'll probably get it through Xbox Live. If you download a game through Xbox Live, you can play it through any account right? I'm just wondering since the parent account is the only one that can download M-rated games, but I want to play it with my regular account.

Okay then, I'll probably get it through Xbox Live. If you download a game through Xbox Live, you can play it through any account right? I'm just wondering since the parent account is the only one that can download M-rated games, but I want to play it with my regular account.
If you wait 'til November 15th (I think) you can just get Halo Anniversary. It's the first Halo game but made better. On Amazon you can get it for $40, and get $10 back.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

image9.png Top Shot- Get 3 headshot kills in a row in a matchmade game.

50 points

image10.png Emergency Room -Infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.

15 points image11.png Stick it to the Man!- Stick and kill the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.

20 points image12.png Dive Bomber- Perform a Beat Down on an enemy player while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.

50 points image13.png License to Kill- Run over 5 people with a Ghost in a matchmade game.

15 points image14.png Bounty Hunter- Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.

75 points image15.png From ____'s Heart- Kill an enemy player that sticks you with a Plasma Grenade with their own grenade in a matchmade game. 25 points. New achievements.

Flickr: Happybuzzsaw

New Halo Reach Achievements? Awww... Now I have to finish that a 4th time now... 1st - got all 1000g2nd - a week after Noble came out.3rd - same day when Defient (So easy those achievements) Now more... *sigh* I did see this coming though, new maps, alway come with new achievements... I would like new armour though from 343.-- I wonder if I can get the achievements before everyone else, because I get the game a day before the US does. z_signoff.png

If you wait 'til November 15th (I think) you can just get Halo Anniversary. It's the first Halo game but made better. On Amazon you can get it for $40, and get $10 back.
Nah, buying the older game is much cheaper (unless it has more games, or is like Generations with levels from each of the different games.) However, since my mom refuses to get me anything rated M, regardless of content, I'll just have to download it through xbox live. If I did that, would I be able to play it with any account, or just the parent account (which is the only account that could download it.)

Augh headhunter. Probably do a couple of these with my friends in a full party anyway. And if we're lucky, we'll be able to do them in custom games like the defiant map pack achievements. ~U_K~

Lol, yeah That be cool if we could do that. I didn't know we could until last month I think I found that out, I wa like "Lolwat?" z_signoff.png

Nah, buying the older game is much cheaper (unless it has more games, or is like Generations with levels from each of the different games.) However, since my mom refuses to get me anything rated M, regardless of content, I'll just have to download it through xbox live. If I did that, would I be able to play it with any account, or just the parent account (which is the only account that could download it.)

It has online Multiplayer and co-op, achievements, much better graphics, Terminals that will tell a side story, a remade soundtrack, and a "Library" feature that allows you to learn more about the characters from the game. If they don't care about violence link them to the Common Sense Media review. It's best to be up front about game ratings, I think, and not sneakily download it.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

It has online Multiplayer and co-op, achievements, much better graphics, Terminals that will tell a side story, a remade soundtrack, and a "Library" feature that allows you to learn more about the characters from the game. If they don't care about violence link them to the Common Sense Media review. It's best to be up front about game ratings, I think, and not sneakily download it.
Perhaps, but it's also a pain when she's being stubborn and refuses to even consider it simply because of the M-rating. However, I will take your advice and show her the CSM review, since maybe then she'll let us get it.

Also the reviews made by other parents (not Common Sense's own) seem more reasonable to me, since they say overall the game is appropriate for 12+, which is something I agree with. Halo is a really mild M game, I'm not even sure it would get an M rating in 2011.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Usually the presence of the Flood is one of the biggest contributors to the M-Rating. Without it, Halo loses the Gore part of their ratings altogether- Check your Halo games that do and don't have Flood for proof :3 Honestly, if it weren't for consistency in ratings, I'm sure something like ODST would become Rated T. Otherwise the Flood, especially the graphically better games get, are plenty grotesque.

I've tried doing a custom game to get the Stockpile achievement, since it's the only one I have left, but it doesn't seem to work for me. :/ And yeah, Bounty Hunter is definitely the only hard one here. I've only managed to do that once (not that people like to play Headhunter a whole lot anyways...). ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Thanks guys, I'll show her the review later and she lets us get them (or at least Combat Evolved and Reach.) Also, I'm thinking some of the games are rated M partially to get more people, since most FPSes these days are rated M, and as my friends often say, "most good games are rated M," and since many kids think that way, bumping a T rating up to M, or E rating up to T is often used to get more potential buyers. I'll have to show her the review and later and see what she thinks.

I guarantee that if you play the game on legendary, there will be swearing. It won't be from the game. It will be from you. Even if you don't swear. Even if you don't know any swears, you will have to invent some for The Library.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I guarantee that if you play the game on legendary, there will be swearing. It won't be from the game. It will be from you. Even if you don't swear. Even if you don't know any swears, you will have to invent some for The Library.

This is very true. I wish Spark would use his eye laser in this game instead of just floating around and humming... might have made things a bit easier.
19704_s.gif

Don't worry, it's still over a year away- and if 343 is like Bungie in any way, they'll be pretty good at keeping details under the hood until about the 6-months-to-launch mark. I almost wish they had kept Halo 4 a secret... When they dropped the bombshell on Halo 3 coming out, it'd been a few years since a Halo game was released, and it was extremely exciting. It almost seems to take out some of the oomph by saying, "Ohey, we're also doing this, but it won't be out for awhile!" But that's just how I feel. I missed the Halo 1/Halo 2 releases.