The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

On that note, where are you getting hung up on the last level of Reach? I thought that level was pretty straightforward, so maybe you're just missing something.

I ran out of ammo while trying to clear the area that is Holdout. That part was troublesome on Heroic, on Legendary it was pretty much impossible (given my last checkpoint). My progress on that level vanished anyway, so if I feel like trying to do the level again I'll be sure to be wiser with ammo.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Heroic cortana is all about plasma rifles.And the Bandanna skull is just a simple grenade or rocket jump. Grab one of the over shields and have fun.

where are the over sheilds? Also does the plasma thing work on legendary?
There are four at least close by. The farthest is by the first pair of hunters, in the area with the terminal. The others are clumped together at the entrance to the building with the skull.

On that note, where are you getting hung up on the last level of Reach? I thought that level was pretty straightforward, so maybe you're just missing something.

I ran out of ammo while trying to clear the area that is Holdout. That part was troublesome on Heroic, on Legendary it was pretty much impossible (given my last checkpoint). My progress on that level vanished anyway, so if I feel like trying to do the level again I'll be sure to be wiser with ammo.
Huh, I know DMR ammo is fairly plentiful. That plus a shotgun or plasma pistol is how I did it.
I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Did you make use of the secret ammo cache? I don't remember ever running out of ammo there (pretty sure I did right before that, though). And, of course, you can always just pick up a plasma pistol. Plenty of enemies to get one from.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Did you make use of the secret ammo cache? I don't remember ever running out of ammo there (pretty sure I did right before that, though). And, of course, you can always just pick up a plasma pistol. Plenty of enemies to get one from.~|ET|~
secret ammo supply?

So, would one of you recommend CEA if we already have the original version of Halo? I've seen it, but really don't care for it. And, still, I'd say that I should get Reach?

I'd recommend it just because you can play the original game with your friends. That, and it's absolutely beautiful, moreso than Reach ever was.That, and if you like the story of halo, the terminals are a blessing. That and you can get some 100 grand extra credits just from viewing them all.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

In behind the main shed on the "holdout" portion of the map, if you punch the wall, an ammo crate pops out.There are many videos showing how online.

I always thought that DMR cache was common knowledge, used it ever since my first playthrough. And I am very proud of my Monument to All Your Sins cheevo. :P

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Soh.Who's beaten the Library on Legendary yet?xDCause i promised a buddy i wouldn't play through the campaign unless he was online to play together, so i went back into the original CE and played through the library...Just to see if i seriously had forgotten how hard it was.O.oOnly hard part was the end lol, rocketeer flood managin to snipe me out ><Then again CE was the first game (Literally) i ever played on the Xbox. I didn't even play little kiddie games. Just CE. so maybe that gives me an edge? a three year old-ish kid fightin through the Library on normal, uppin it to heroic, and then to legendary by the time he was five?Might've given me an edge... maybe.Random: My Legendary Difficulty Rankingseasiest to hardestODSTHalo 3Halo CEHalo ReachHalo 2Halo 2... so much pain. Twas the only game i didn't complete on legendary within a year of owning it. I didn't do that till about a year ago D:

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

Oh, I got through The Library solo on Legendary last week. I didn't enjoy it. Not one bit. But there wasn't, at least, a spot where I'd get stuck for way, way too long due to the stupid lack of health packs or how overpowered plasma pistols are... Like in earlier levels.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Oh, I got through The Library solo on Legendary last week. I didn't enjoy it. Not one bit. But there wasn't, at least, a spot where I'd get stuck for way, way too long due to the stupid lack of health packs or how overpowered plasma pistols are... Like in earlier levels. ~|ET|~

Which weps did you rely on? And was it a run and gun strategy or did you clear out an area first?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

Oh, I got through The Library solo on Legendary last week. I didn't enjoy it. Not one bit. But there wasn't, at least, a spot where I'd get stuck for way, way too long due to the stupid lack of health packs or how overpowered plasma pistols are... Like in earlier levels. ~|ET|~

Which weps did you rely on? And was it a run and gun strategy or did you clear out an area first?
It's physically impossible to clear out areas of the Library. I know for a fact that there are areas where enemies will spawn infinitely, even if it is just Infection forms.Best weapons for the Library are Shotgun and AR/Pistol. Rocket Launcher works too.

Never drop your shotgun. Ever. And I also used an AR just to deal with infection forms. Besides that... Grenades.And moving on as soon as you can really is a sound strategy.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Considering there's no part in the level that requires you to clean an area out, asides the... four or so blast doors that spark opens for you, you can speed run the level reasonably, by leaving enemies behind when you get to the elevators. it's risky... but it works.And the AR's really useful against Infection Forms and Carrier Forms, because one shot with the AR against an infection form obviously kills them, but in CE there's the "Popcorn Effect" in which Infection Forms near the one that popped will pop, and so on and so forth. get really good with burst firing the AR, or even firing just one bullet, and you can take out swarms of Infection forms without a whole lot of effort. really useful for when you're stuck with no shields and all that's left is Infection forms. It's really, really painful to fight through a swarm and be killed by one lowly Infection form.Thirdly remember that when your shields are down the Infection Forms don't explode like they do with your shields up. do if you don't kill them all, you're dead.Best strategy though?Every time you find a blast door, continue down the hall or make as much distance between you and it as you can after activating the "triggers" that make spark Leave. That way you have time to lob some grenades at the approaching flood, deal some damage with the AR or pistol, and when the swarm (hopefully considerably lessened at this point) reaches you, finish them off with the shotty.[/CrashCourseInLibraryLegendary]

Finally started with Anniversary.'s Cool. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Captain Keyes looked a bit weird.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Thanks to everyone for their input on the Library, am gonna go brave its dark hallways later in the day. So far I have finished the first 3 missions and the last mission on Legendary. Two Betrayals is a huge pain when it comes to The Tunnels Below. >_<

I beat the Library on Legendary 3 times technically. Not the hardest campaign mission in all Halos, but it was up there, along with Halo 2's sniper alleys. I've also done the campaign twice on Legendary(once in CE, once in CEA). I couldn't help but use bandanna for CEA Legendary. Best skull ever, along with GF.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

The greatest source for information on how to get achievements in H:CEA is RC Master on a particular video sharing site. He has a great Legendary no deaths in under 30 minutes guide for the Library, as well as the Look Out for the Little Guys, and Leave it Where It Lay achievement guides. Very, very useful, if you can get past the British/Aussie accent. :P

Edited by SuperStickman117

redteamsig.jpg

Credit for the avatar and banner goes to Shattered Mask Productions.

whuddup fellow people with spartan helmets,favourite main series campaign? talking about CE, 2, and 3, here. me and my buddy played through a couple levels of 3 today n got into a discussion. halo CE had the strong plot, halo 2 had the complexity and the scale, whereas halo 3 just had the raw emotion. we didn't count reach or odst in our discussion since neither had any sort of continuity to them. kinda like asking which movie out of hope, empire, jedi, and the clone wars movie were best.personally, i liked halo 3 the best. level design was strongest (six years later, there better be ten maps for ten levels.), gameplay was tighest, but ultimately that emotion that i mentioend earlier was what clinched it. the relationship between cortana and the chief was fleshed out and it created, what i think, is what is arguably the most adorable video game relationship ever, but it also had themes of brotherhood and justice. the fight that had six years of build up climaxed into what was just a very powerful journey.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Halo 2 was my favorite. Strong focus on the Covenant and the Arbiter, who I find fascinating.(Empire is the best Star Wards btw)

Former, agreed. Latter, agreed.Left with The Storm to finish on Legendary, then I will have conquered 3's campaign.

whuddup fellow people with spartan helmets,favourite main series campaign? talking about CE, 2, and 3, here. me and my buddy played through a couple levels of 3 today n got into a discussion. halo CE had the strong plot, halo 2 had the complexity and the scale, whereas halo 3 just had the raw emotion. we didn't count reach or odst in our discussion since neither had any sort of continuity to them. kinda like asking which movie out of hope, empire, jedi, and the clone wars movie were best.

Agreed on all counts save the continuity, but i doubt i need to explain that one.Personally for me, while Halo 3 did have the raw emotion (Johnson...) and the fufillment of a dream i think everyone had from the very begining (spark...) not to mention some other parts, Halo CE will always be nearest to my Heart. The sheer awe one feels while playing CE is insane, and the fear of the flood is much stronger in it than in the remainder of the series.

Personally for me, while Halo 3 did have the raw emotion (Johnson...) and the fufillment of a dream i think everyone had from the very begining (spark...) not to mention some other parts, Halo CE will always be nearest to my Heart. The sheer awe one feels while playing CE is insane, and the fear of the flood is much stronger in it than in the remainder of the series.

I think the Flood was scariest on High Charity.Edit: I mean, in Halo 2. The Flood was just gross in Halo 3. Only time they spooked me was when I first encountered Pure Forms. Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Looking at my stats on reach the only thing I seem to get kills with is vehicles, heavy weapons and close quarters combat im not quite sure whether this is good is having this sort of gaming style is it a help or a hindrance to my overall ability in thinks other than big team battle?

Your Playing style's never really a help or a hinderance to your ability. Your playing style is your ability. If the majority of your kills happen to be with close ranged weapons or vehicles than that's just the way you have to play. Every map and gametype trys to be balanced for the different playing styles, so it's never a bad thing to use CQC more than, say long ranged. I'm pretty spread out though - but i usually use a mix of Mid to Long ranged weaponry (DMR Assault Rifle combo). One thing i never touch is a heavy weapon, mostly because the people that spam them annoy me, and i don't want to become a hypocrite XD

Personally for me, while Halo 3 did have the raw emotion (Johnson...) and the fufillment of a dream i think everyone had from the very begining (spark...) not to mention some other parts, Halo CE will always be nearest to my Heart. The sheer awe one feels while playing CE is insane, and the fear of the flood is much stronger in it than in the remainder of the series.

I think the Flood was scariest on High Charity.Edit: I mean, in Halo 2. The Flood was just gross in Halo 3. Only time they spooked me was when I first encountered Pure Forms.
Personally i had a few moments of fright in halo two, but never as much as in CE. The only time i was truely scared by the flood was the first time you saw them in the Gas Mine or whatever, and then in High Charity, where you couldn't see them and they'd pop out of nowhere.Every single time i played CE, if i was in an enclosed space i was scared with the flood.

Your playing style is your ability.

disagree, but i guess define ability. if you mean like, aiming the reticule, uh, ok i guess, but thats not really all you gotta do to be good at halo. gotta be a smart player. i could be on my rambo trip, using only close ranged weapons, thats a style. i could get a lotta kills but theres gonna be that smart player with a sniper who's gonna make sure my death count is just as high. who's a better player?

I think the Flood was scariest on High Charity.Edit: I mean, in Halo 2. The Flood was just gross in Halo 3. Only time they spooked me was when I first encountered Pure Forms.
I found the Heretic mission scary as heck when I was locked in with the Flood. Also, that mission where Chief escapes High Charity is also disturbing. As for the Flood in Halo 3, they were just a pain in the hiney.

I found the Heretic mission scary as heck when I was locked in with the Flood. Also, that mission where Chief escapes High Charity is also disturbing. As for the Flood in Halo 3, they were just a pain in the hiney.
High Charity IS disturbing, i'll give you that. As for Halo 3's Flood, i think they were less thrown in to scare the player and be even more alien than the, well aliens, and more put in to give us an enemy to fight. After all, fighting the covenant was good, but you couldn't just have a billion of them anymore, considering the massive space battle that was going on. Bungie did away with the scare aspect of the flood, and replaced it with the "Ohgoditsthefloodi'mabouttodie" feeling.

Your playing style is your ability.

disagree, but i guess define ability. if you mean like, aiming the reticule, uh, ok i guess, but thats not really all you gotta do to be good at halo. gotta be a smart player. i could be on my rambo trip, using only close ranged weapons, thats a style. i could get a lotta kills but theres gonna be that smart player with a sniper who's gonna make sure my death count is just as high. who's a better player?
What i mean, is that no matter how good you are, your playing style defines your in game actions. Your ability to adapt to a scenario depends on your Playing Style, and your skill at the game depends on your ability to adapt to a scenario. Let me put it this way. Someone who's a sniper will react differently than someone who's a shotgunner. The Sniper generally runs to find higher ground, get out of the line of fire, and pull of a headshot. A shotgunner will usually take some cover, and either wait for the enemy to come to him, or spring out when the enemy least expects it.Besides, when you use mostly close ranged weapons, your ability to play well in a game of snipers is usually significantly less than that of a person who snipes a lot. And vice versa.Every playing style has it's ups and downs. The better player is always going to be the one who realizes them, and uses both the strengths and weaknesses of his, and others playing styles, to his or her advantage.

high charity is up there as one of my favourite halo levels. i felt so alone when i played it. like gravemind was just chief vs covenant, something he'd done millions of times before, but then omg here's these monsters i thought i was done with, like i'm sarah connor. the brutes added to it, made it feel a lot more chaotic than any flood level in CE. definitely the scariest flood level. 343 guilty spark had that really haunting feel right up until the flood actually appeared, then it kinda lost it. they tried to make the flood overwhelming, i think, not really scary.yeah, i'd agree with that there's no better or worse playing style. recognizing how to beat another playing style doesn't have much to do with your -own- playing style, though. thats just going back to what i said earlier, about being smart.

Edited by ~JC~

gotta be a smart player. i could be on my rambo trip, using only close ranged weapons, thats a style. i could get a lotta kills but theres gonna be that smart player with a sniper who's gonna make sure my death count is just as high. who's a better player?

yeah, i'd agree with that there's no better or worse playing style. recognizing how to beat another playing style doesn't have much to do with your -own- playing style, though.

I was replying to your "Who's better," just so you know :P