Short Stories Critics Club

Velox

Through the Gate of Eternity, reviewed. And this week's charity reviews:

Velox: I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to take one more week off.

Nuile: Fat and Greasy, by iBrow

Yukiko: The Little Elf that Lived in a Pocket, by Tekulo

Zaxvo: The House on the Snow, by Tekulo

Dual Matrix: exempt due to having an assigned review

Due 5/8 as usual. Thanks guys!

newso1.png

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Attic Treasure has been reviewed. Thanks for the extension.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I'm not sure, I really don't have a review to accomplish till tonight? Because I go on holiday within a hour or three and would not be able to acces internet, so if I have a review to do, please tell, also Velox would you mind giving me the story to review within the next week now? So I can take it with me...

I'm back!

Nope, you don't have a review due today because you had an assigned requested review. For this week's charity review, you can do Unpopular, by Nick Silverpen.

The Little Elf that Lived in a Pocket has been reviewed. Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I remember a time when I was quick about doing my reviews. When I was the first to complete my assignments. When I was young and eager . . . I'll have to try that again one of these days.

But for now, The Hardest Thing to Hold and Fat and Greasy, reviewed and re-reviewed.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Since you guys are now doing OTC story reviews, I like to have my first work of the topic. Doomsday

Assigned to Nuile. And charity reviews for this week:

Velox: Lonesome Spirits by Tahuaka

Nuile: Through the Mirror by Nick Silverpen

Yukiko: Balloon Sky At Night by SkyLandOceAnna

Zaxvo: Rinse Cycle by Legolover

Dual Matrix: already assigned

In lieu of the forums being offline, I'm extending the deadline for charity reviews to Friday, May 17th. I'll then just give you guys the rest of the week off until next Wednesday (the 22nd) when I'll assign new charity reviews. =]

Oh, dang, I seem to have completely forgotten about the Charity Reviews. >_< I guess we'll just take the rest of this week off, and I'll assign new ones this Wednesday. Really sorry about that (though I'm not sure you guys mind a break =P)--I'll try my best to be more on top of things in the future.

Could you guys review The Legend of Time and Life?

And also, I would like to apply to become a critic. PM sent.

Assigned to Zaxvo. As for your PM, sorry if I don't get around to replying for a few days, just as a warning.

Now then, charity reviews. Believe it or not, there's only 10 more stories to review for the OTC forum! So I'm going to assign them all now; the first batch will be due next Wednesday, and the second batch will be due the week after. If you want to just get them done with, however, more power to you. There's a good chance the charity reviews will be discontinued after this, so make 'em count! ^_^

Batch 1:

Velox: Ether, by Nuile

Nuile: Under the Stars, by Kraggh

Yukiko: City, by Baltarc

Zaxvo: Climbing the Tree of Life, by Nuile

Dual Matrix: Three Minutes, by Ilyusha Blokfase

Batch 2:

Velox: Weaver, Seeker, and Spark, by Death of the Endless

Nuile: Land and Liberty, by Eduard Bernstein

Yukiko: Battle Scars, by Naina

Zaxvo: Rock, Paper, Scissors, by Eduard Bernstein

Dual Matrix: Exit Number 117, by Eyru

Edited by Velox

And I have reviewed "Ether" and "Weaver, Seeker, and Spark." Really sorry for being late on these.

Anyway, congratulations! We're finished with the Charity Reviews. ^_^ Thanks to everyone for all the reviews you've done. I still recommend going out and trying to review stories, but I won't be assigning them any more (with the exception of official requests, of course).

And on another note, I've got some good news: Both Tyler Durden and Zarayna are coming back as active critics! They've done great work for us in the past, so it's great to have them back.

Edited by Velox

Here's my entrance review!

Oh, you could've just PM'd me, but this is fine too--like I said in my PM, Tolkien and I will discuss it and you'll hear back from one of us at that point as to whether or not you're accepted. Probably will take a few days at least, unfortunately--we've got several other things going on too.

If there is a critic brave enough to stare upon an aberrant horror of obscenely rushed flash fiction, I would enjoyed have the following story reviewed.

Prelude to Darkness - Replicant

Sure thing--assigned to...Grantaire. His first assignment after being on a long hiatus.