Short Stories Critics Club

Velox

And I'll be taking Shadows, by The Shouting God instead -- because of my busy weekend, I wanted to let Zaxvo go ahead and be able to do his review if he wanted to, instead of waiting for me to assign him one.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Requesting a review forLiving Stone, by Zarayna
Well since you're next on the list, Zar: Assigned to Proud Stigma. At this point I'd also like to welcome Proud Stigma as a full-fledged member of the Critics Club. Because of the very few amount of review requests we have received, he has unfortunately not been able to complete his probationary period (3 reviews for all new critics) until now with the charity reviews. But all that's done with now, and he's definitely a great addition to the team. Welcome aboard, fully, Proud Stigma. =] newso1.png

It's not late until the deadline's past. XDInside, reviewed. Thank the SSCC for choosing you.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Oh snap, almost forgot about this.Well anyway. It is still yesterday somewhere, so Within Temptation is reviewed.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

All right, awesome, everyone finished their reviews on time (although some just barely =P)! Here's the next batch:Velox: The Charge, by Jedi GaliNuile: Depression, by Peach 00Yukiko: A Real Smile, by Jedi GaliZaxvo: King of Shadows, by Grapple WizardTyler Durden: Suicide Waltz, by doot dootProud Stigma: Alone, by Field Marshal Rakmon(Page 19)All reviews are due by next Wednesday, October 3rd, with the exception of those who are assigned official reviews before the charity review is completed.On a different note, I'm afraid I have some bad news: Jedi Master J., long time SSCC Critic, has decided to resign. It's been great working with him all these years, and we'll definitely miss him. newso1.png

Edited by Velox

Depression reviewed. An excellent read.
I have reviewed "Anathain". Thank the SSCC for choosing you. - JMJ 2012
Hey, now, that was my cleverly-reversed slogan. But I will forgive your usage as a parting gift.I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving. You'll be missed. Best of luck in your future endeavors, literary and otherwise!

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

And A Real Smile has been reviewed.

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

Sorry for not posting these last night. I completely forgot as I was trying to completely a bunch of things (homework and packing for BrickCon being two of them). Anyway, here are the next Charity Assignments. Please still try to have them done by next Wednesday, but if you really need that extra day that'll be fine:Velox: Sherlock Holmes and the Missing Christmas Presents by KumataNuile: Souvenirs, by Legolover-361Yukiko: For His Feet Were Sore by nuhvok campaign manager Zaxvo: Fallujah by Kal Grochi(as Proud Stigma was assigned a requested review, he will not be completing a charity review this cycle) (Note to self: Return, by Grant Sud)(Page 15)Once again, please try to have these done by Wednesday, October 10th.At this point I also have some more sad news. Tyler Durden, long time critic of the SSCC, has resigned from his position due to the busyness of real life and school work. He's been a great addition to our team all these years, and he'll definitely be missed. newso1.png

Edited by Velox

You spelled "morning" wrong. Just kidding, I'm sure it's a tragic sort of story. Anyway, for my final magic trick, I'll be assigning this story to myself and promptly resigning from the SSCC once the review is posted. And *poof*, there you have it. Assigned to Cederak and due October 12. You're so fortunate, Voltex, because you're the last BZPer I get to thank for choosing the SSCC. :)-Ced

I have completed my final assignment, Voltex's In the Mourning. Thank you to all the writers for keeping us active and continue to work at your craft. I would also like to thank Velox and the wonderful staff here at the SSCC. You're a fine bunch of critics and I have been proud to acknowledge you as my colleagues over the past several months. Due to certain real life priorities shifting around, I can no longer commit myself to routine short story work. Thanks again to all critics and writers for making my time with the SSCC an outstanding experience. :)-Ced

Souvenirs, reviewed.And to our erstwhile co-curator, farewell, and thanks; for all your work in the Critic Clubs and otherwise, the BZPower library owes you a great debt, and I can but offer you my gratitude. Vale!

And For His Feet Were Sore is reviewed. Not that it's bad, but I do wonder why I got assigned the only poem in this cycle. :P

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Caleb, while I am of course very sad that you are leaving, I am also extremely proud and filled with respect for you, and I think you are making a great choice with your life. Thank you so, so much for all you have done for this club -- to be perfectly frank, you helped turn this club around and make it better than it had ever been before. You have dedicated many hours to this club (a lot of which were all behind the scenes), and you were always there to lend a hand or help out in any way you could. You have been a fantastic Co-Curator and Critic, and you will definitely be missed. Thank you again for all you have done. ---With Cederak's retirement, a new Co-Curator is needed. Tolkien has accepted that position -- he has also been invaluable in his help with many things, and I am confident he will do a good job. And now, this week's assignments (I apologize for not getting mine done yet [brickCon really set me back in getting things done, both school-wise and BZP-wise], but technically I do have two weeks to complete it as I had an assigned review to complete as well -- I will, however, still be taking this week's charity assignment as well): Velox: Unsung, by NuileNuile: Speed Written Short Stories, by 55555Yukiko: The Forest, by VeloxZaxvo: Return, by Grant-SudProud Stigma: To Fly, by Peach 00(Page 11)As usual, please have them completed by next Wednesday, October 17. For Flash Fiction compilations, you only have to review three of them (three of your choosing). Nuile, you may have an extra week with this charity review, if you would like (let me know!), as I am assigning you to Grant-Sud's request:

I keep asking for reviews, hope you all don't mind if I get Weeping Stars reviewed?
No problem at all! Assigned to Nuile. =]@ Yukiko ~ Well, I am going by date posted, so that was the only poem within that time frame. I assigned it to you because, IIRC, I remember seeing you review a different poem a while back (in fact, I think it may have been one of mine...), and I liked your review. Hence, giving you the only poem to review. =Pnewso1.png Edited by Velox

There's 55555's Speed Written Short Stories and Grant-Sud's Weeping Stars, reviewed.

With Cederak's retirement, a new Co-Curator is needed. Tolkien has accepted that position -- he has also been invaluable in his help with many things, and I am confident he will do a good job.
I thought I saw that coming. Congratulations, Tolkien; I look forward to working for you. I'm sure you'll be a worthy successor to Cederak.