Set Review: 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

I think the characters are designed very well, especially Iron Man. They did an exellent job with his helmet and jet boosters.The car looks stable and very well built, and I like the color too. It reminds me a little of the LEGO Agents sets.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

There's a lot more than just the arc reactor shape that's different between the two Iron Man figures. Pics to come.Edit: Pics: Front, and BackThe leg printing is different, and the gold areas on the torso fronts and backs are different as well. the only multicolored piece that they each have the same design on them is the helmet piece(s).

Edited by Toa of the Blazing Inferno

This is a decent review of a pretty neat set design. I love big chunky LEGO vehicles, and this one definitely meets expectations with its working doors, complex contours, and great pieces. The minifigures aren't half bad either.The one major flaw I would like to point out about this review is that the way it talks about the flick fire missiles being "even worse than usual" it almost sounds as though we're supposed to assume flick-fire missiles in general are bad, when IMO the current style of flick-fire missile is one of the best projectiles TLG has ever created. It's cheap to produce, typically unobtrusive, easy to remove, functional for uses other than merely as a projectile, and of course a lot better as a projectile than those hideous flick-fire launcher mechanisms from the Exo-Force and Mars Mission themes or some older sets that intended you to "flick" regular Technic axles as if they were supposed to fire with any effectiveness.

This is a decent review of a pretty neat set design. I love big chunky LEGO vehicles, and this one definitely meets expectations with its working doors, complex contours, and great pieces. The minifigures aren't half bad either.The one major flaw I would like to point out about this review is that the way it talks about the flick fire missiles being "even worse than usual" it almost sounds as though we're supposed to assume flick-fire missiles in general are bad, when IMO the current style of flick-fire missile is one of the best projectiles TLG has ever created. It's cheap to produce, typically unobtrusive, easy to remove, functional for uses other than merely as a projectile, and of course a lot better as a projectile than those hideous flick-fire launcher mechanisms from the Exo-Force and Mars Mission themes or some older sets that intended you to "flick" regular Technic axles as if they were supposed to fire with any effectiveness.
I've always been harsh on flick fire missiles. I've never had much luck with them, and they always seem too much like a gimmick. "Oh hey now this set has an action feature where you can try to flick this little peg and hit something within a couple of feet maybe." Sure, what you mentioned above is true, and as Bionicle fans we've all come across a large variety of useless projectiles. I just happen to not like flick fire missiles as much, and I say so in my reviews. :PBut regardless, I still stand behind what I said for this set, because the position of the missiles and the curves on the truck really prevent you from firing them at all, which is a lame design and makes me think it was only added on because the vehicle needed some sort of projectile weapon. (On the other hand, it is super easy to remove, and that's what I did, so take it for what you will.):music:

The set is cool. I only have one gripe. Why did they print Hawkeye's quiver on the back instead of using an existing quiver piece. Also I wish that one of the Marvel superheroes sets had a Nick Fury minifig. He is to iconic to not have a minifig.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Nice review. I agree with everything you said. I really wish they made a Nick Fury minifig too, but I guess they thought that the Mace Windu minifig is enough for minifigs of Samuel L. Jackson :P

Have free time and wanna read a comedy? Why not read mine called Those Crazy Sets! or BarrakiLeader735's called Ask the Glatorian!

R.I.P Grandpa. You will be missed.

bionicle_sig2.png

I feel like Iron Man was put in here at the last second...For anyone who's seen the poster/original line up of minifigures, Nick Fury was actually supposed to be included with one of these sets. However, it seems like his character may have been cancelled. :(

Please search

AppleTStudios
=)

Also, if you have Xbox Live, I'll be playing Halo: Reach when it comes out so if you wanna play just send an invite to ATS Tony. I'm a fun person to play games with, especially if you like to just run around being random and funny =)

If you wish to contact me (the Goodbye topic is closed) then please do so through the information I have listed on my profile. Thank you =)

Thanks for the review. This set looks pretty cool, and a good way to get those minifigures without buying the larger sets. The truck also looks pretty good.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET