Spoiler Tags Going Haywire

The Lorax

So I've taken a look around here and the reference desk, but I can't find anything like this.My problem is that when I try to view spoilers (only in some posts, most of them are working fine), they won't come up for me. I've asked other people about particular posts where this happens, but they can see them just fine. I'm a little congused, to say the least.This is what it looks like when the page loadsspoiler_issue_1.pngAnd them when I click show, this is all that happans.spoiler_issue_2.pngHelp?

ppg2.png

What browser are you using?A similar thing sometimes happens to me when I use my 3DS browser, but only on large pages. Even if only as a temporary solution, I would suggest quoting the posts and seeing the information in the spoiler tags that way.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Quick word of advice: DON'T USE INTERNET EXPLORER. It isn't compatible with anything. Not even the rounded edges in the BZP forums*.Use Chrome, or at the very least, Firefox. Just DON'T USE IE.*Well, sometimes it's not.

Edited by Totally Not P~M

banner.jpg

Do spoiler tags use JavaScript? Try updating to the newest version and see if it makes a difference. Downloading the newest IE version should help too. Has this always been a problem on bzp, or just recently? Does it happen on other forums too?

Edited by Peng Floyd

Majhost sucks

I'm not sure about javascript - maybe someone else will know that. I'll look for an update just in case.I've been hese non-functioning spoiler tags for quite a few months now, though they're pretty rare (maybe 1 post in 100). I don't know about other forums because I don't spend much time in any other than BZP.

ppg2.png

If I could add on to this question: this problem also occurs on the mobile website for me, only they never work. Anybody know why?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

The tags do use some sort of Javascript, so if your browser isn't up to date (or is mobile, which can cause issues with Javascript), they may not work right.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Quick word of advice: DON'T USE INTERNET EXPLORER. It isn't compatible with anything. Not even the rounded edges in the BZP forums*.Use Chrome, or at the very least, Firefox. Just DON'T USE IE.*Well, sometimes it's not.
That's odd. IE is the one where I can work perfectly. I think it also depends from the computer you're running BZP. I often have problems and issues on portable, but not on "normal" computer.However, it's always useful to have the latest version of the browser you're running. But trying various browsers also works.

That's odd. IE is the one where I can work perfectly. I think it also depends from the computer you're running BZP. I often have problems and issues on portable, but not on "normal" computer.However, it's always useful to have the latest version of the browser you're running. But trying various browsers also works.
Mm, yeah, but sometimes when I'm using my netbook, IE doesn't work while Firefox and Chrome do. Plus, it's not very user-friendly IMO.

banner.jpg

I'm not sure about javascript - maybe someone else will know that. I'll look for an update just in case.
I'm quite certain that they are HTML (I do a bit of it). You shouldn't need to update for it to work.
Perhaps the tags themselves are just HTML, but the way they're handled in the page requires Javascript in some way. Try turning off Javascript and revisiting the forums and you'll see the tags aren't working.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm not sure about javascript - maybe someone else will know that. I'll look for an update just in case.
I'm quite certain that they are HTML (I do a bit of it). You shouldn't need to update for it to work.
Perhaps the tags themselves are just HTML, but the way they're handled in the page requires Javascript in some way. Try turning off Javascript and revisiting the forums and you'll see the tags aren't working.
Hmm, good point. Maybe check and see if Javascript was off in the first place?
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Mm, yeah, but sometimes when I'm using my netbook, IE doesn't work while Firefox and Chrome do. Plus, it's not very user-friendly IMO.
Whaddya mean with user-friendly?Btw, on my notebook Chrome works better than IE, too.... Thinking about a little more, I've experienced the "error" which The Lorax is having in the past, maybe twice. I'm pretty sure it happened on IE, because Chrome is just a "recent discovery" to me. I usually reloaded the guilty page, that worked on my computer.

I'm on internet explorer, but that quoting thing is really clever. Thanks. Now I can see them!The weird thing is that even with large topics (BZPRPG Profile Pages, for instance), some will run normally and some will do this.
I'm glad I was of help. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill