Symbolical

Agnareth was a Glatorian of the Ice Tribe. He had lived in the Hidden City since he was born from Tul ‘hmee and Zakishta. His father Tul ‘hmee served the Third King with loyalty, even when said king got banished from his own people and sent into exile; his mother Zakishta had been one of the most known weavers of the Sacred Realm and her works were renowned as the most beautiful in the City of the Circling Mounts.Tul ‘hmee died at the side of his King in an attempt to defend him from an ambush: Zakishta followed him into the Rooms of Waiting shortly before. Her heart couldn’t withstand such a great loss, the loss of her companion.So, Agnareth grew alone and rich. When his parents died, he was already an adult, but he was older, in the inside. The grief he felt for them was grand and he grew faster in the soul. His black eyes reflected this sorrow, being them sad and, for most of the time, half-closed, as if he couldn’t watch the world without seeing it empty of his dears.However, his fame was great. He took the place that he inherited from the father, which means Personal Guard of the King, but his mother’s love for crafting things from simple materials was strong. Therefore he left his job in the hands of one of the most respected warriors of the City, the Ninja, or the Snake-eyed, as he wanted people to call him. Then, Agnareth started an activity as smithy, this way honoring the memory of both of his parents.A few years later, someone broke the walls of his Winter and let Spring flourish in his heart. He met Lywesha the Kind during a summer evening, when he was attending an assembly of the City’s artisans. She was the daughter of the City’s most important merchant. As their sights crossed, they both knew Destiny had prepared the World for them to live together.So they started living together. The merchant, father of Lywesha, agreed happily to Agnareth’s proposal: he knew that he was a honest man and a strong defender. After an year, their twins, Luuktosh and Finwë, were born.---The life of this family was always calm and cheerful. The elders worked with great results, the sons resulted to be very intelligent and fair. But a famous Glatorian proverb says that “if Destiny gives you something, it will someway take it back”. And so it happened.Peace ended when a mysterious illness hit the City. Many died because of it, many others died for the famine it caused in the fields: most of the victims were peasantries, so their lands got abandoned. On that same year, Lywesha, Luuktosh and Finwë perished: they all contracted the illness.Agnareth cried a week without stopping. He lost his dears, most of his friends and most of his workers. He hated Destiny for its brutality and his behavior changed drastically: from that day, no one ever saw a smile on his face again. He became grumpy and rude. There was no more reason to live, in his opinion, but he couldn’t suicide. He always mocked that way of dying and there was any other choice for him but living to not contradict himself.---Chronicles wouldn’t speak of him if he didn’t do something important during the Great Events. In facts, he’s a very important character in the Story of the World.When War started, he was serving as a soldier. He thought that military exercise would have diminished his rage and it actually did a bit. While training or during battles, he was always speechless, nor he did yell when running into the chaotic cocktail of bodies and iron pieces.And in silence he left. One night, while patrolling the Walls, an enemy sharpshooter hit him in the torso, really close to the heart. It was the first act of the Siege.Agnareth didn’t resist for long. His body and soul were crashed to the deepest. Around him, the doctors watched each the other. They knew he was dead.One of them left the room to give the results to Agnareth’s colleagues and friends. There was no need to speak. A brief nodding confirmed them that he died.---In the meanwhile, the Siege started and the Enemy showed its full potential, striking hard the City and breaking the Walls in no time. The City was lost, desperation and fear spread through it. Agnareth’s corpse was taken at the last moment by his closest friends. They buried him in the Fortress.His smile, alone between many sad and desperate faces, told them he finally met his dears.

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

Agori stories, as far as I have seen, are few. It may be the fact we only had two years of canon with them, or the fact only a few showed any personality, but it is an apparent and obvious fact, Agori are no where near as popular as Matoran.After reading this story, I wonder why. You've shown all the positive, organic, and living qualites of the species, a species not that distant or different from Homo Sapien in mentality. I congratulate you on this achivement. Another thing I enjoyed was the way you treated the character as human. You gave him ancestors, a bloodline, you gave him emotions (Both good and bad), and you gave him sorrow. All in all, this is your best work yet. I once again congratulate you on this work of art.

pNNgXax.jpg

This story reminds me (in many fewer words) of a story of Tolkien's called the Silmarillion. Is it coincidence, or is that what it's based on?

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

This story reminds me (in many fewer words) of a story of Tolkien's called the Silmarillion. Is it coincidence, or is that what it's based on?
Are you referring to Gondolin's story? If yes, part of story is.If not, well, it may be because I've read it three times and I'm strongly inspired by Tolkien works. Yes, there's indeed much of him in my jobs.