Mushy's Comics

Mushy the Mushroom

i have decided to start making comics. thanks to Toa of Smooth Jazz for making it possible. credit to Roablin for the kit.an introduction 1 DO_NOT_CLICK_THISan intoduction 2 DO_NOT_CLICK_THIS#1 DO_NOT_CLICK_THIS#2DO_NOT_CLICK_THIS#3 DO_NOT_CLICK_THIS i can't wait for this topic to die!!!!!! if any staff members happen to be looking at this topic please close it.

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

For a quick example about the above mentioning of text issues, which i can agree on, try making a slightly larger version of the text in some other color, then make the real text in front of it in the correct color. Sometimes this can give some... alignment issues, actually. But it's a basic start to get you going in the right direction.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

First one isn't really worth reviewing. It doesn't even introduce anyone. But, good size panels, makes it very easy to read.Second one is too random. I don't get it.Graphical Tip: Use the fill tool on those gray spaces inside their arms, and those cheesy round shadows to turn them white. Then you can have clearer, better comics.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Okay to be honest that's quite a coincidence that you've got a character that's a 'matoran of powers', because I've had a 'Toa of powers' in my own comics for quite a while now... but okay.Anyways, is there a reason while your files are so much bigger than the actual comics? All that white space is a bit... distracting.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

No, Mushy! I do agree, they are lame right now, but look at all these comments! They show ways to fix said lameness, and show the good parts. Giving up in the face of criticism is never the answer. Remember that stopmotion you made? You could try out similar humor here and see how it goes.Just don't give up. TPH, with all his past failures, never did.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

No, Mushy! I do agree, they are lame right now, but look at all these comments! They show ways to fix said lameness, and show the good parts. Giving up in the face of criticism is never the answer. Remember that stopmotion you made? You could try out similar humor here and see how it goes.Just don't give up. TPH, with all his past failures, never did.
okay, i will keep making them and try to fix the lameness

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

I don't get any of the comics. It just seems to be these motionless and oversized matoran teleporting everywhere. The text is hard to read, and the grammar is poor. I don't really see any humour or plot. I have made many, many bad comics in the past. But no one told me they were bad, so I kept making them. Catch my drift?

Majhost sucks

These comics remind me of when I first started comic making.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

If you want a good tip, I would recommend you ask yourself this while making comics:If I were someone else, would I find this funny? Does this have any real plot which I could continue? Does it make sense?Technical difficulties and such can be rectified with time and experience although I do agree that you'll want to take care of spelling, grammar and the text colour. Not what I'd call a decent start but we all hope you'll improve.Another good tip is to go look at other successful comics and try to figure out what made them good. Of course, that doesn't mean you can completely copy their stuff since that's kind of asking for... unpleasantness.

I just reread my post and I apologise for how harsh it sounded. Though my points still stand and these do need work. It's better to know what's wrong now so you can fix it rather than have a series of failing comics at only seem to slightly get better from the last. Again, sorry for sounding a little cynical, but please try to improve.

Edited by Peng Floyd

Majhost sucks