Vakama Revamp

Click

Well, here's another one of my creations. Originally, I wanted to build my self MOC, but unfortunately, I don't have enough brown pieces, so I wanted to test his custom torso out, and ended up with a lot of red pieces. (By the way, if you have Onewa Metru, and would like to sell, PM me!)So, you probably don't want to hear the full story, so here's the MOC!Front ViewBack ViewHere's the part that I was a bit questionable on, mostly with the Metru arms as the back. It looks good, but it's kind of bulky from the side.Disk Launcher storageI had to make sure that he could still store his disk launcher, partially so he could fly, and also so he could have free hands.Pose 1Such an overused cliche, but I'm going to say it anyways: "you feelin' lucky, punk?"Pose 2Could be a take off pose, but I mostly based it off of this bottom right panel of comic 12, the fly-by disk throw. :biggrin:Custom partsHe's completely custom, not as much as I wish I could do though. Here you can see how I built him pretty well.Custom TorsoHere's the custom torso I was wondering about, with the Metru arms on back folded up. It would also make a nice body with wings if you could fill in the gaps on the sides.Comparison ShotI originally got two Vakamas, and so I thought I'd do a comparison. Unfortunately, my little brothers stole one of my Hunas, and I couldn't find it for this shot, so you'll have to make do with the adaptive Hau, which doesn't look bad. And even with my two Vakamas, I can't find one of this Metru disk. :PSo, that's pretty much it. Here's the gallery when public, comments and critism, especially on the Torso, would be appreciated. Expect a lot more MOCs from me soon, as long as I can stop borrowing pieces from other MOCs (interesting note, the backs of Vakama's legs were completely borrowed from my self MOC, I showed it off here on the old BZP :biggrin:. That was a pain to find.).But wait, there's more! Before you leave, check out post #10, where I show off the new version of Vakama that I redesigned based on the member's critique! Please look at this before you go on posting about the back, lack of red, or black arms, thanks!

Edited by Click

That's an imaginative torso design, and I love the flexibility in it, although I'm not sure I like how those two Metru legs are just hanging there. Also a bit too much grey in my opinion - if you have any dark red Toa hands/Metru thigh pieces then I'd recommend switching the grey ones in this for those. Same with the +o+ connectors, although if you don't have any then grey is certainly the second-best choice. Good work!

Yeah, that's what I thought about the Metru legs. The idea was originally for an unfinished Titan, but I liked the look of it and so I decided to try it on a normal sized set, and it didn't work as well. I could move the shoulders up a little bit (since he's a bit shorter than his set counterpart anyways) and make the legs work a little better. I'll also see if I can find any more dark red and fix the color scheme, and I really wish I could find more dark red for the arms, but it's either black or Mata red for most of it.Thanks for your comments! This will really help my self MOC get better, and I'm already planning the story. :)

I'm trying to stick with the original color scheme , but if I did black, I could replace a lot of the parts (except the shoulder attachments, but that's pretty much it. That's a pretty good suggestion!

Okay, I took into mind as many of the suggestions as possible, and came up with Vakama ReRevamped! :PChanges include the dark grey pieces on the arms (sorry, that's the best I could do), a taller body that's been pretty much redesigned, a few other color changes to get more dark red, and a redesigned neck that works around a thinner Metru leg back. It looks a lot better, and now he's pretty much set scale! Now, onto the pics!Redesigned Front ViewNotice the new piece on the lower arm, and I found his disk!Redesigned Side ViewWhy take my word for the slimmer back when Vakama himself could show you? :P I also added a small system piece at the bottom to round out the Metru legs, but they are a lot tighter.Redesigned Back ViewHere you can really see how much taller he is, and also the design I was going for in the back.Redesigned SkeletonThis shows pretty well how I built him this time with the taller body. You can also see the horrible connection I used to connect the thigh armor :D. It doesn't stick well, but I think that it looks just right.Unfortunately, I had to give up neck stability to shrink down the back, so really the entire head, neck, and launcher storage is held on by friction with the hand pieces on his shoulders, as well as a few other pieces I threw on there to add stability. I hope this version looks a lot better; once again, comments and critism is appreciated (and often used :))