• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Flammaris, Toa Of Fire

BBCC63 Toa Fire

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 05:22 PM

I've finally finished my contest entry! I know a Toa of fire is a pretty unoriginal idea compared to the things I could've done, but I was just in a Toa-making mood. This actually turned out much better than I expected. The only part I really dislike is the lower legs, which turned out worse than the rest because by the time I got to them I was running out of Mata red. I think I like the arms the most, they turned out really good in my opinion. I'm also especially proud of how much better these pictures are than my older ones, I messed around with them in GIMP and Microsoft Office and it made them so much better. But enough of what I think, I'll just show it to you!

Posted Image (click the ominous dark face up there for the entry picture)PoseAnother PoseHeadFrontBackSideBrickshelf Gallery

Comment, constructive criticism, and of course votes are all greatly appreciated!

Edited by Senrab, Jun 20 2012 - 03:19 PM.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 05:34 PM

The torso looks really nice and the sword is cool. However, the blue doesn't exactly fit with all of the red. Maybe you should replace it with a few yellow or black parts. Also, nice job on the use of the Hau Nuva masks as shoulder armor. Good luck on the contest, Senrab!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#3 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 14 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the comment.:) The blue was supposed to match his blue eyes, but I guess you can't see them very well in the picture.

#4 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,259 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 10:16 AM

He certainly looks nice, and has a good build, but there are several minor gaps in the construction. As well, his elbows seem strange when not bent. Finally, he's mata red with several black dots, you should have adjusted the colors and added more flames and orange, trans-orange if possible, so he looks like a Fire elemental rather than a giant ladybug :P . I would suggest flames in place of the Hau Nuva and the blue on his chest, an orange mask, and more orange and maybe some HF flames on his extremeties, plus some orange layered under his torso's red armor.

v7hquUM.png

#5 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, a ladybug isn't what I was going for. I tried to do an all-red colorscheme but it turns out not every piece comes in Mata red.:P

#6 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2012 - 11:31 AM

That is really cool. I like the body and leg designs, though the shield looks a bit strange, and as others have said, the blue looks a bit strange.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#7 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks! I didn't think the legs were very good, but it's nice that someone thinks otherwise. Why do you think the shield looks weird? Do you not like the shape, or is it too small or big? And again with the blue looking strange. I really thought it looked good. :dontgetit: Thanks for the comment!

#8 Offline Kosdan

Kosdan
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 27-October 05
  • 759 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2012 - 12:18 AM

The blue makes me think of the very hot part of a flame. As an accent color, though, it isn't prevalent enough to pull that off; you'd either need to add more or get rid of it.I think his legs could stand to be one more stud apart, and the uppers could be filled in some more. Same goes for the upper arms, especially between the T connector that attaches to the elbow and that black quarter circle piece.The upper part of of his back could use some armor, it looks like to me. Maybe you could try finding something to attach to the angled pieces you have where his shoulder blades would be.As the rest of him is pretty much human-proportioned, I think his feet look pretty disproportionate with how far they extend behind the ankle.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users