• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Regarding Ninjago's End

Ninjago LEGO

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,006 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 07:08 AM

So there were some rumors spreading about Ninjago's end that started at Bricks Cascade 2012. I want to clear these things up with you.Please read the news article/interview I did with Kevin Hinkle.It was all a communication issue between LEGO employees. Thankfully, there is still a future to Ninjago. If business continues to bring Ninjago to the top 5 best-selling themes, then it could very well stay around for longer.Also, we've heard that there has been some development started for the third season of Ninjago, so chances are there will still be sets next year.Another thing that this pertains to on the Ninjago Wiki is that if Ninjago ends, TNW will start fanon contests, which will open up more room for an expanded story.

Edited by Meiko, Jun 15 2012 - 07:11 AM.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#2 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 09:59 AM

I haven't even heard of these rumors until I read this. It's good to hear that Ninjago isn't coming to an end. (Not yet, at least.)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#3 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm afraid I am partially to blame for this, as I asked Kevin Hinkle what the second highest-selling line was.Anyway, it's good to know that this all has been cleared up. :)

rotr_banner.png

#4 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,277 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 11:11 AM

I don't remember hearing any rumors about the end of Ninjago but it's great to hear that it's going to stick around next year.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#5 Offline Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Damaracx The Mad Scientist
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,838 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 02:09 PM

I was worried this theme would end....good thing it didn't.....it reminds me Bionicle too much....

#6 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 07:19 PM

I sincerely wish they would just end it. It is so painful to see what they are doing to my former favorite theme.

Edited by Spinjitzu Master, Jun 15 2012 - 10:57 PM.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#7 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,348 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 10:36 PM

I didn't hear anything about this... but I'm glad it's not ending. I just hope next years sets aren't as amazing, or I will have no money for another year...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#8 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 10:39 PM

I hadn't even heard these rumors. o.0 Glad to see it won't be ending anytime soon. :P

#9 Offline unknown_user2596

unknown_user2596
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 334 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2012 - 11:15 PM

Now that next year is its last year, I wonder if Ninjago 2013 would far surpass Ninjago 2012 in terms of overall sales. It would be insane!Speaking of which, remember this bit of news way back in January?

Jim Foulds, Community Guru over at LEGO, has taken a huge risk and revealed some information about the sets coming out, not next year, but 2014. Here's the paraphrase:

There will be red 2x4 bricks. There will be new minifig designs. And there will be something with wheels.

You heard it here first guys

Considering that Ninjago gets 1 more wave in 2013, maybe this is its replacement! :biggrin:

#10 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 700 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 11:22 AM

Nice, happy to Ninjago stay as a theme. Hopefully they clean up their plot a bit, as I'm kind a lost with Snake minifigures.~Gravity

Edited by Gravity Caiox, Jun 17 2012 - 11:22 AM.

phantom_sig.png

Your life is complete once you've met me once.

#11 Offline LEGOwhite

LEGOwhite
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 11:34 PM

Haven't heard anything of these.

#12 Offline Nuparu1995

Nuparu1995
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,300 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2012 - 12:28 PM

Never actually purchased anything from the line, but I've always appreciated it, and it would certainly be terrible to see it go.
Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Posted Image

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

#13 Offline Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Ernst Stavro Blofeld
  • Members
  • Toa

• 149 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2012 - 05:44 AM

Personally, I would have sincerely doubted that Ninjago would have ended this year, and am surprised to hear that LEGO may ned it next year. The company has invested and done so much in promoting and expanding its toyline, and it simply doesn't make sense to let it go so soon, especially considering that it's one of LEGO's best-selling lines. I suppose LEGO doesn't want to make the mistake it made with Bionicle, but there's a difference in holding onto a line far too long after it has stopped growing and prematurely ending a line without without giving it the opportunity to reach maturity. Both translate into a loss of revenue. However, this is of couse assuming that Ninjago's popularity is still growing...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

If you're severely addicted to copying and pasting things into your signature, copy and paste this into your signature.
Then call rehab.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users