Hollow Flame | Bbc 63

Kosdan

I didn't expect you to make anything Kosdan :P Pretty cool MOC, The torso looks very well done, but my main problem with it would be the slizer foot. It seems to stick out just a bit too much. The legs are pretty cool, although it might have looked better if the knee area didn't seem a bit blocky, but I don't really see a way around it. I like the sword, simple yet effective. Great job using the touches of dark red with the normal red. Overall it's a great MOC, good luck in the contest!

Of the various entries into the contest, I like this contender the best. It isn't dominated by a single color (the split between Mata and Metry red and the Black is very well done), and looks to have a good solid build. The torso makes the arms and legs look a bit lanky, but my entry is itself quite lanky, so I have no room to talk ^_^ Good luck!

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

This might be the best entry I've seen so far! Surprisingly, the Mata and Metru red actually look nice together. If anyone's beating me, it's you. The only thing that I think needs to be fixed is the dark red triangular thing on his ches, it would look better turned the other way. Good luck!:)

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I really like the torso, and the legs are nicely armored. I als olike the use of the shoulder armour. My only complaint is that the chest sticks out a little far.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Great MOC you've made here. The groin is phenomenal, as are the shoulders. However, the lower arms seem very jagged compared to the rest of MOC, and the Slizer foot looks out of place. The sword, while very cool, seems a little to blocky. In this case, I think a Bionicle blade-piece would have worked better.Overall, really great creation, and good luck in the contest.Also, how do you photograph your creations?

Since everyone seemed to comment about the Throwbot foot: the only picture i think it looks bad in is the final one, and that's because his head is turned so much that it make the gap look bigger. I was going for the look of something that came up over the from of his neck, similar to this: http://l2vault.ign.com/C3_Review/115_Hum1_dcrys_majes.jpg (I have no idea what that pic is from, I just did a quick google search, lol). Anyway, I think it adds to the armored look I was going for.

I didn't expect you to make anything Kosdan :P Pretty cool MOC, The torso looks very well done, but my main problem with it would be the slizer foot. It seems to stick out just a bit too much. The legs are pretty cool, although it might have looked better if the knee area didn't seem a bit blocky, but I don't really see a way around it. I like the sword, simple yet effective. Great job using the touches of dark red with the normal red. Overall it's a great MOC, good luck in the contest!
Hey, I had something in the works, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. About the knees, I see what you mean. I tried using one of the 3 length curved slope pieces, but they were just too long. I might try a different configuration if I ever use that design again.
Of the various entries into the contest, I like this contender the best. It isn't dominated by a single color (the split between Mata and Metry red and the Black is very well done), and looks to have a good solid build. The torso makes the arms and legs look a bit lanky, but my entry is itself quite lanky, so I have no room to talk ^_^ Good luck!
True, they are bit skinny, but I feel the porportions are still within reason overall.
Wow, awesome MoC!The design is great, very hero-ish.The only thing i'm not that crazy about are the bottom legs and feet.Just minor issues, though^^Good luck on the contest!
What exactly don't you like about the feet? I feel like the Metru foot fits in well with the design/porportion of the rest of the leg.
Cool! The armoring is really nice and the torso is really cool. The bottom legs look a bit thin and the bottom part of the torso doesn't look like it's covered up well but it's still a great MOC.
By "bottom part of the torso," do you meant the area between the HF armor and the Throwbot foot? Well I would agree with you there, and I realize now that I might have some liftarms that might fit well there.
This might be the best entry I've seen so far! Surprisingly, the Mata and Metru red actually look nice together. If anyone's beating me, it's you. The only thing that I think needs to be fixed is the dark red triangular thing on his ches, it would look better turned the other way. Good luck! :)
If I turned it over it would not server the purpose that I stated above, and then there would also be a gap behind it because of the way the piece it is attached to curves back.
I really like the torso, and the legs are nicely armored. I als olike the use of the shoulder armour. My only complaint is that the chest sticks out a little far.
Thanks, I actually bought Captian America specifically for that armor.
Great! Lovely shape and flow, I really like the look of this. Yeah, that chest part sticks out a bit, but nothing too serious. Good luck in the contest, I'm pretty sure you'll go far!
Thanks!
Great MOC you've made here. The groin is phenomenal, as are the shoulders. However, the lower arms seem very jagged compared to the rest of MOC, and the Slizer foot looks out of place. The sword, while very cool, seems a little to blocky. In this case, I think a Bionicle blade-piece would have worked better.Overall, really great creation, and good luck in the contest.Also, how do you photograph your creations?
On the arms: I was originally going to use a HF limb, but with the HF armor attached it was too bulky, and without it, too skinny. I feel the design I used is the best combination of the appropriate length and thickness.On the sword: If Lego made a straight, plain blade of this length, I would have used it in a heartbeat. But none of the Bionicle blades are like that.On the pictures: I used a piece of posterboard curved into the back of a clear, plastic storage tote. I sat this in a shadowy place outside, which prevented any shadows of the MOC itself. My camera was just on Auto mode (no flash!), and I made a few adjustments with the image editor GIMP on my computer, but nothing like photoshoping out the background. Adjusting the "Curves" setting really helped make the colors pop a lot.