• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bbc 63: Voran - Toa Of Fire

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,783 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 10:25 AM

Here we have my entry for BBC63, I reckon my best ever attempt at entering a BBC contest. Enjoy.

Posted Image

[Gallery]

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

Comment away :)

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,291 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 11:30 AM

Nice! I like how the sword is attached to the arm not to the hand because that actually looks pretty cool. The torso is nicely designed and I like how you covered up every gap without leaving some empty spaces. Also, good luck on the contest, Taipu1!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#3 Offline Tomaku

Tomaku
  • Members
  • Toa

• 124 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 12:31 PM

Cool but maybe you should try to make the feet smaller and is it a he or she?

#4 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 01:24 PM

Cool but maybe you should try to make the feet smaller and is it a he or she?

Agree with you, feet aren't that nice, IMO. And I think it's a "he", female characters are usually Water characters.Feet would look more fitting on a beast or on a bad guy rather than on a Toa. Whatever. Interesting torso build, I'd say, as well as overall body scheme. I think it's excellent. I don't like the fact that he's got a bike, it seems to HF-ish in my opinion, but if you want to have him to have a bike, well, do that. It's your choice. Just, maybe do it bigger?I like how he uses the blade. One of the best ways ever, IMO.Overall a great job, with just few, little cons. 9.5/10

skyrim_banner.jpg

#5 Offline Toa of Geek

Toa of Geek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 152 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 03:25 PM

Nice! I like the torso, and the reds work surprisingly well together. I don't like the blue pins, but that can't be helped. Good job, and good luck in the contest!

I really need a better signiature.

#6 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,783 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 04:48 PM

@FF Ice Man - It's actually meant to be more of a flamethrower than a sword, but it could go eitherway.@Tomaku - I'm going by MU rules, all Toa of the fire element are male. I had to bulk the feet up a bit, and he still isn't all that steady on his feet. @Emile A239 - The bike actually is for Tahu, it's deliberately small. It's more in here for size comparisons, because I didn't think it worth making a topic for the bike itself, because it's not particularly interesting. The bike's not included in the entry pic, and it won't be sent off to Brickfair. @Toa of Geek - Did my absolute best with the blue pins on the arm, spent ages trying to find a different way to attach the sword that didn't involve them. No such luck, and unfortunately I only have one of the really old black axel/pin pieces.

Edited by Taipu1, Jun 17 2012 - 04:50 PM.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#7 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,220 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 05:15 PM

I really like the torso. The color scheme is also good, and I like how you filled every gap with armour.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz, Jun 17 2012 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#8 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 700 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2012 - 06:18 PM

Lovein' that torso, Taipu. Those legs are nice, but as all others said those feet don't really work for me. Except you had to make it bulkier because it was male, nothing you can do about that. Those arms are pretty basic to me, but I love the way you connected it to the torso. Nice choice of that Adaptive Armor Hau Nuva. It looks good in this Moc. The back is also armored good, which some people don't do. Like the Moc Taipu and good luck in the contest! :)~Gravity

phantom_sig.png

Your life is complete once you've met me once.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users