Wow, only the second day back and already I'm posting a MOC. Couldn't get this sort of speed before the downtime, folks! That said, I decided to make a sandspeeder during the downtime.

00000000.png

There's really not much to tell here? I've always wanted a sandspeeder actually large enough to do anything with (since my only sandspeeder set is the original from 1999), but never had the funds for a newer one nor the resources to MOC one.Until Flying Mummy Attack, that is. Which is why this is dark red and not accurate at all in the slightest to the one in the movies! emot-v.gifAlso, it has four seats because I have always wanted to make a vehicle large enough to hold four people, and two secret compartments because I never bothered filling out the front one when I finally managed to get the proper one on the back.Comments, constructive criticisms, and sums of cash in increments of $50 USD are, as always, accepted and appreciated.

Edited by Aho-Chan

bionicle is trans culture

Aho, I still think you're a lot better than you give yourself credit for. The sandspeeder is one of my all-time favorite Star Wars ships, and you captured (an incarnation of) it well. It's a lot like the original Sandspeeder '99 set (which I have somewhere on a shelf, half-deconstructed). Improvement-wise, I think I'd prefer it if the sides didn't lift up with the trunk area, and secondarily if the front wasn't Forum Mentor blue. Those really are minor qualms, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Improvement-wise, I think I'd prefer it if the sides didn't lift up with the trunk area, and secondarily if the front wasn't Forum Mentor blue. Those really are minor qualms, though.

I'd also love it if the sides didn't come up, but I don't have the resources to really do anything about that. As for the blue, I intended for those to be headlights of some sort? It gets pretty dark on Tatooine, y'know.

As for the blue, I intended for those to be headlights of some sort? It gets pretty dark on Tatooine, y'know.

That's what I thought, but the colors still kind of clash. Probably nothing could be done about that either, considering how few of those tubes come in other translucent hues.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I love it. Very nice and sleek, especially the pic with no figs in it. The whole back just feels really smooth. Personally, I think the sides lifting up with the back is fine; adds a bit of flair to it. Also, I'm with Sumiki on the blue - but maybe try trans-yellow, if you have any? That's really the only trans color I see working, but usually I'm a derp with that sort of thing. :P

@Rarity: The second one was mostly sand red and the newest one is still mostly tan with some dark red highlights. None of them have had dark red as the main colour as far as I remember. @Tom: Sadly I don't have any tubes of this length in any colour aside from trans-light-blue and silver. Also, yeah the sides coming up with the back is pretty cool - it almost acts like doors or something - but I'd still at least try out making them not come up with the back if I could. XP

@Tom: Sadly I don't have any tubes of this length in any colour aside from trans-light-blue and silver. Also, yeah the sides coming up with the back is pretty cool - it almost acts like doors or something - but I'd still at least try out making them not come up with the back if I could. XP

Got cheese slopes? Edited by Tom Mc. Israel

@Tom: Sadly I don't have any tubes of this length in any colour aside from trans-light-blue and silver. Also, yeah the sides coming up with the back is pretty cool - it almost acts like doors or something - but I'd still at least try out making them not come up with the back if I could. XP

Got cheese slopes?
None in any colour that would look good here, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...