Edited by Lego Obsessionist, Jun 17 2012 - 09:46 PM.
Posted Jun 17 2012 - 09:44 PM
Posted Jun 17 2012 - 10:02 PM
Edited by Poutwuw Toa of Diversity, Jun 17 2012 - 10:02 PM.
Posted Jun 17 2012 - 10:02 PM
I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.
Posted Jun 18 2012 - 10:56 AM
Posted Jun 18 2012 - 12:14 PM
92% of teens have moved onto rap.
If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
R.I.P. - 7/20/2012
Posted Jun 18 2012 - 01:23 PM
Posted Jun 19 2012 - 04:00 AM
Edited by FeeFee, Jun 19 2012 - 04:00 AM.
I have an old Flickr account here
Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat
I MOC sometimes
Posted Jun 19 2012 - 05:30 AM
Posted Jun 19 2012 - 08:59 AM
3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231
Posted Jun 19 2012 - 10:45 AM
Thanks! I the early stages of building, I considered using more curved pieces, like Bionicle armor and such, on the flame, but that would make it very fragile, particularly with ball joints.
I like it! It's very recognizable, and looks great, too. It's a bit square, but that can't be helped.
Actually, there's next to no system pieces in this, just a couple cheese slopes and 1x1 bits to fill in the hilt. I stabilized it with lots and lots of Technic beams and connectors.
I always love how people take System pieces to create large-scale versions of Bionicle models. :)But how did you stabilize something that big to where it wouldn't break when you swing it?
I think the main thing the flame needs is two or three layers of technic beams to represent the more textured actual element. But, beyond the extra weight that the hilt might not support, it would require at least twice the red technic beams. As-is, it stretched my red technic collection to the absolute limit- I was using Bricklink to calculate how many parts I had to work with and careful placing the most useful/rare one at the end.
I'm not such a fan of the flame, but I don't think it would be possible to do anything more accurate without using system, which would make it very fragile.The hilt is glorious, though. It really captures the essence of the original. Great work.
Posted Jun 19 2012 - 06:08 PM
Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.
"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to
think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.
A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...
you'll always be one of us..."
~ Kai, Ninjago
Posted Jun 20 2012 - 06:37 PM
Posted Jun 20 2012 - 07:34 PM
Credit to Fantasia for the cool banner!
Posted Jun 20 2012 - 09:53 PM
Posted Jun 22 2012 - 10:53 AM
Thanks! I would be possible to put two holes in the handle, but firstly, I didn't feel it was necessary. I was less trying to upsize the Lego element than make a large Tahu's Fire Sword- thus the handle being a comfortable handle rather than an upsized + connection. I feel that the peg holes are only really there for connections in the Lego system, not as a canon attribute of Tahu's sword. I did replicate them in a more realistic way, though, because I felt that the actual sword would have something like them. Secondly, though, holes there would eliminate the main structural elements of the hilt.
This actually looks pretty accurate although if it's possible, there should be those two holes on the handle. Great job on the details on this one!
Thank you! I debated different things for the flame, and in the end I felt this would be the best option. Firstly, I had bought two Axalaras and a Scopio, so I had (barely) enough beams to make it. Also, the beams give it a consistent, smooth look, while other options might look to greebled. The pixilation is a necessary sacrifice, but I feel like it's a suspension-of-disbelief type thing, in the same way that you kind of accept that large-scale Lego sculptures have exposed studs and square blocks. Your idea is pretty good, though, if very expensive. Any time you want to buy me the tubing to do it, feel free.
Fantastic work! The hilt is perfect, and the flame/sword portion is good too. However, I wonder if lots, and lots, and LOTS of red 7mm ribbed tubes would have worked better to make the flame. It is impressive what you have done with liftarms, but it looks ... pixelated. I bet using 2 x 1 or 3 x 1 red Technic liftarms with red tubes could accomplish a better flow, and remain sturdy (it probably would flex side-to-side, but it would stay together).Anywhoo, truly amazing MOC.
Posted Jun 26 2012 - 12:31 PM
Edited by A_Darksteel_Myr, Jun 26 2012 - 12:31 PM.
When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.
Posted Jun 26 2012 - 02:43 PM
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users