The Lazy Life Of A Comic Maker 3.0

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Well that's certainly an interesting first meeting. Falling from the sky and landing on Eljay twice in a period of a few days? Wow.I hope that as this progresses we'll learn more about Alena's motivations and backstory to make her less of a one-dimensional character. But as it stands, this was quite the good comic. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I think the sentence structure in the panel regarding Alena being a stalker could be rearranged to be better, but for the most part, this was a good backstory comic. Decently funny. :P
Yeah, it was difficult to do and I was up late again finishing it. But I think for what it is it gets the point across. Glad you enjoyed it!
So Alena was a stalker. That may be a sign that she likes you. Hey, just saying.Need my help, Eljay? Should I destroy you so your troubles will be over?
So, I read her this post and what she has to say is this:"Not a... Stalker, persay. More like... Interested in the affairs of his world. I singled him out, and he became a target. No romantic interest... It was just a coincidence that he was a male, you know? Just like for how it could be considered a coincidence to have a... Claw, or sword... In your throat. Just no one would find the body, or locate the murderer, or suspect foul play.Now the question is, without the claw or sword details ever truly being known, is it a murder, or someone whose run away?"-From the Fires of Mt. Doom,Alena"She really wrote that. She scares me. I can't kill her off like I can characters. ;(
I'd recommend a restraining order...get a good one though, I don't know many lawyers that can trump a eternal slavery contract.I recommend Kahi.
He's tried. It doesn't work. ;(
Well that's certainly an interesting first meeting. Falling from the sky and landing on Eljay twice in a period of a few days? Wow.I hope that as this progresses we'll learn more about Alena's motivations and backstory to make her less of a one-dimensional character. But as it stands, this was quite the good comic. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.-Mesonak
Gravity hurts. It also hurts me.Yeah, I'll be making 4 more of these and flesh out the story a bit more. It's her writing it, so we'll see what happens.Thanks guys!sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

we've all been hurt by gravity at some point, last week gravity dumped me. Down the steps and into the trashcan. gravity is a cruel mistress

It is indeed, and sadly gravity loves misery. ;(

BTW, your GS comic is up! I apologize for the year-long delay. It's been hectic, and I've meant to make it longer but I really wanted to get it out quick.

And the front post is messed up thanks to a bug in BZPower's editor. So, I'll fix that soon.

Enjoy!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your a monster, a gun wielding monster! also, yeah i have a lot of stuff on my likes an dislikes, i should REALLY fix that.

MWUAHAHAHA! THAT I AM!

Well, however long the list may be, it's still interesting. =P I have a list like that too, although the likes is consistent mainly of Bionicle, mangosteen, and guns.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

• 4 weeks later...

LOL I used ponies as targets in a comic once! Poor guy. Fainting is too melodramatic.

It is, but I guess for some "bronies" can't take it... Mwuahahah... Glad you liked it!

The only use for mlp...the only use...

I agree in full. =P

New comic guys! Merry Christmas!

Now, as I promised. I will now announce my final solo comic series after I finish EtB.

After EtB is finished, I will begin the series known as...

rtc_preview_image.png

This will be coming out at an unknown time after I finish EtB next year. The story will follow some of the Lazy Life crew, and will be a mix between EtB and the Lazy Life in terms of how dark/humorous it is. This will change pretty much... Everything. I'll throw little teasers here and there before I release it.

Like I said, this will be it. After EtB comes this, and after this I will end The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker. I want to give everything I worked up here an ending I feel it deserves, as this series has been a huge part of my life, and I have met so many amazing people because of it.

So stay tuned for more EtB and Lazy Life comics! Merry Christmas, guys!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

That was a pretty great comic; I lol'd when you killed the mouse in the second panel. Didn't get much screen-time, did he? :P

The return of Santanak; hooray. I didn't really expect the flamethrower to torch the suit (I didn't really expect the flamethrower at all to be honest). That part was quite funny.

Awesome comic overall; definitely holds up well to your past Christmas specials despite being a little on the short side. And as for Resistant to Change...

Get hyped.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude, the entire special was flawless! With the mouse and attacking Santa; but the sleigh was cool, too!Merry Christmas.

I am very glad you liked it! It took quite a bit of work. XD

Haha awesome!

Again, glad you enjoyed it!

That was a pretty great comic; I lol'd when you killed the mouse in the second panel. Didn't get much screen-time, did he? :P

The return of Santanak; hooray. I didn't really expect the flamethrower to torch the suit (I didn't really expect the flamethrower at all to be honest). That part was quite funny.

Awesome comic overall; definitely holds up well to your past Christmas specials despite being a little on the short side. And as for Resistant to Change...

Get hyped.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-Mesonak

Yup, always find a way to get him in there. =P And well, as for RtC... I dunno... Wait until the end of this post.

I got the Serenity reference in Pink Day 2012! XD

Oh, I am so glad someone caught that! XDDD Glad you liked it!

Well, it is a tad late in the day, but here is the new Pink Day comic! Enjoy!

Now, I have a sad announcement.

Lazy Life announcement - Please read:

I have sadly been unable to make as many comics as I'd like in order to entertain you guys. I really want to keep chugging ahead and make funny comics like I have been for the past 6 years of my comic making. It's been an amazing adventure. Sadly, life has just been getting all the more busy, with work in real life along with everything I now do for The Three Virtues, including videos, the podcast, BioCraft, and managing the channel with the others.

Due to all of this, comic making has been slow. This along with the decline of people on BZP and in the comics forum has caused me to lose the motivation I have had for six years. And that has hurt both The Lazy Life and EtB. As a result, I feel the need to give a proper ending to my comic making.

What this means is I will be soon ending working on comics as a whole. Not leaving BZP, just comics. I will finish the Alena story arc (2 more comics) along with Guest Staring Sybre and kopaka's kool kompanion in the same comic to speed things along (I am sorry for the delay and I wish I could make separate comics. I'll make it a good one to make up for it, I promise). I will also be shortening EtB by 5 comics, leaving only 5 left. And finally, I will make a 5 comic long story arc officially ending the comics. I feel that after all this, The Lazy Life needs a proper ending. I don't want to end up like many comic makers that do this for a while and never end it properly. I assure you guys it'll be a nice ending, something I think this series deserves.

I'll be working on all of that up to the end. I'll do my best to get the comics out quickly. Thank you guys for reading and posting and enjoying my comics for so long.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Excellent comic. Very nice to see Alena be on the receiving end of pain for once on Pink Day, although you weren't able to escape it yourself.

As far as the announcement goes... it's a pretty sad situation, overall. Your comics, BZPower, the comics forum itself... sad situations all around. Taking the state of the forum and the site into consideration, I can't say I'm surprised. The reasoning behind your decision is perfectly understandable; it's just unfortunate. I'm hoping you'll eventually make RtC in some capacity, be it a comic series, an epic, or whatever.

I've thoroughly enjoyed following this series, and will continue to follow it (and EtB) right up until the bitter end.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the announcement.It's quite sad seeing all of the great comic seires that BZPower has had over the years go, but at the same time, it's good to know you're going to give things a proper ending, rather than allowing it to drift away over time.

It's good to know you'll still stick around!Good luck on the rest of the comics!

naw man

Although I never posted in this thread, I really love your comics, and I will be sad to see them end. But I'm glad they will have a proper ending, instead of just slowly dieing.

Like Vataki said, its great you'll still be around! I enjoy you're recap reviews, and I'm looking forward to BioCraft.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

• 1 month later...

Your comics have been great and It's sad to see you leave. It seems like this is happening to most authors on the comic forum and it's really in a depressing state. I will be enjoying the last two comics but it's sad to see you go.

I really do appreciate that. It just doesn't seem worth it to try and keep this up when BZP seems to be in a slow decline, and the comics forum will be the first to go. But thank you for sticking with me while I finish this all up!

SO sad to see your comics go Eljay. I liked them, even though I have not posted here.

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed them! Even if you didn't post, I'm glad you read them, it means a lot!

Excellent comic. Very nice to see Alena be on the receiving end of pain for once on Pink Day, although you weren't able to escape it yourself.

As far as the announcement goes... it's a pretty sad situation, overall. Your comics, BZPower, the comics forum itself... sad situations all around. Taking the state of the forum and the site into consideration, I can't say I'm surprised. The reasoning behind your decision is perfectly understandable; it's just unfortunate. I'm hoping you'll eventually make RtC in some capacity, be it a comic series, an epic, or whatever.

I've thoroughly enjoyed following this series, and will continue to follow it (and EtB) right up until the bitter end.

-Mesonak

It is quite sad. I've really enjoyed making comics all these years, and to have to end them so soon without being able to finish them fully is sad. I will give 'em a good ending though. And that idea for a RtC epic is great, I may do that!

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the announcement.It's quite sad seeing all of the great comic seires that BZPower has had over the years go, but at the same time, it's good to know you're going to give things a proper ending, rather than allowing it to drift away over time.

It's good to know you'll still stick around!Good luck on the rest of the comics!

Yeah, I've been around to see some real great ones go as well. Venom seemed to have quit, Dark709 left, etc etc. However, yeah, I feel stopping without an ending wouldn't be nice for all the work I've put into this, so I wanna give it one everyone who has read these comics can enjoy! And thank you!

Although I never posted in this thread, I really love your comics, and I will be sad to see them end. But I'm glad they will have a proper ending, instead of just slowly dieing.

Like Vataki said, its great you'll still be around! I enjoy you're recap reviews, and I'm looking forward to BioCraft.

I am really, really glad to hear you've liked them! It will be sad when I make the last comic, but it'll kind of be happy as well to give somethin' like this an end, cause on this site it doesn't often happen. And thank you very much for sticking around and following the other projects!

So, on to the comics!

Despite it being over in his timezone, I have made a birthday comic for Meso! Wish him well! :D

And I have also added my disqualified entry for the BZP contest to the front post, so if you want go check it out!

Again, thank you all for continuing to stick with me! It means a lot to me!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png