How Do You Make Antidermis?

So, almost everyone knows how Makuta were created, and how Axonn and Brutaka were assigned to destroy a pool of Antidermis, where new Makuta could be made. But how did they make the Antidermis??Could it be made by the Great Beings?Also, does anyone know what would happen if a kraata was plopped in a pool of Antidermis?

Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Yeah, it was the Great Beings who made it, although I'm sure Mata Nui could have made more if he wanted to. As for the Kraata thing, we know that antidermis can strengthen other beings (e.g. Brutaka) but it may not necessarily have an affect on Kraata as they are already made of antidermis. I think this one is something to ask Greg, if he returns that is...:kakamanu: :t: :m_p: :n: :kakamanu:

Banner.jpeg

Antidermis is just the gaseous essence of a Makuta, and what occupies their robotic shells after they mutated from biomechanical organisms. And the Makuta populace was created by Mata Nui out of some mysterious green liquid created by the Great Beings, so it seems no known being (other than the remaining GBs, which nobody hears from anymore) can create new Makuta, especially with them being critically endangered now, so I guess the only way to make it/bring it forth would be to pierce Makuta armor, which would be quite a task in itself, considering Makuta armor is made of Protosteel.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Since it seems Makuta don't permanently lose vitality after using some of their essence to create Kraata or otherwise losing it, I guess that under certain conditions, antidermis can regenerate. But we know that the Makuta were created very early in Mata Nui's reign. According to BS01, the Great Beings made the liquid antidermis, and Mata Nui, under instructions from the GBs, made the Makuta out of it.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Since it seems Makuta don't permanently lose vitality after using some of their essence to create Kraata or otherwise losing it, I guess that under certain conditions, antidermis can regenerate. But we know that the Makuta were created very early in Mata Nui's reign. According to BS01, the Great Beings made the liquid antidermis, and Mata Nui, under instructions from the GBs, made the Makuta out of it.
Nah, cause Teridax was able to fight Takanuva after creating six Kraata for the Rahkshi. And when a Makuta's armor is damaged, their status as a being isn't lost so long as the remaining Antidermis is encapsulated in a new "suit" of robotic Makuta armor.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

We don't really know how they made the artificial version of protodermis the giant robots were made out of, so knowing how to make antidermis is even harder. :PHere's a few relevant facts though. We know protodermis (both the natural Energized kind and the artificial kind) is a molecule of some kind. So some kind of molecular fabrication machine or perhaps an advanced version of chemistry with enzymes and the like should be able to make it. We know the artificial kind is different somehow from the natural kind, namely in that the natural is far more powerful, even bordering on transcendent with the Entity's ability to be in any of the pools at any time. We know the GBs are vastly imaginative and love to experiment. And finally, there is the name; its implied relationship with protodermis, and the "anti" part.So I see two possibilities based just on the above evidence, and a third as well.1) If normal "Mata proto" is made by studying the design of natural protodermis, and trying to mimic its molecular form (but imperfectly, explaining why it's not as powerful), then they could experiment with variations on this design. Perhaps the "anti" part means that a crucial part of the molecule is simply reversed, a flip-flopped version of the same part in protodermis.2) If normal proto is made without knowledge of the molecule's design, such as by filling a vat with atomic ingredients and putting a "seed particle" of energized protodermis in, which then turns the ingredients into artificial proto in something similar to cellular multiplication, then perhaps putting some kind of opposing agent into the mix would make antidermis.3) I also tend to suspect there's something beyond just molecular physics mixed with EP, so perhaps the molecule is the same in all three cases, but some EP's positive "charge" of this attached energy could be reversed, which would explain both the "anti" part of the name and why both energized protodermis and antidermis seem to be somehow transcendent beyond what artificial protodermis is.Any variation on these, or something similar, could be the case.As for Kraata, that whole subject shows how related the types of protodermis are. Normal protodermic beings infused with antidermis are controlled by whatever mind owns that bit of it. If Makuta, Makuta. If the originating pool, the weird mind there. Apparently. And if touched by energized protodermis, this infection is purified. But if Kraata are put in EP, they are not destroyed by transformed into Rahkshi. Confusing, but I think destiny's control over EP explains that; the GBs must have programmed for that system. And Makuta can absorb Mata-proto and slowly "digest" it into more antidermis. Theoretically they could make larger versions of Kraata but apparently they do not, so perhaps cannot. To make something larger they must put it in EP to make a Rahkshi (or so it seems).So probably a Kraata being in antidermis would either do nothing, or maybe if it's antidermis of the pool or belonging to a different Makuta, the Kraata might switch "loyalty".

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If antidermis is cured by immersion in Energized Protodermis, wouldn't that imply that antidermis is a "natural" substance like EP is?Further, both of them have controlling minds, unlike regular proto, which doesn't seem to of itself. And antidermis doesn't seem to kill regular proto, just control it, whereas EP and antidermis contradict each other...

Well, EP either transforms or destroys anything it comes into contact with, and if there's no specific destiny for a thing, it gets destroyed. And someone above said the GBs did make it. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, EP either transforms or destroys anything it comes into contact with, and if there's no specific destiny for a thing, it gets destroyed. And someone above said the GBs did make it. :shrugs:
Point conceded. (If the GBs didn't make it, then how would they have known how to beat it? Golden Armour. Probably worth a Greg dialogue cross-check, though)Edit: Cross-checked. Point conceded again. Edited by fishers64