The Eleventh Hour - Review Topic

a goose

... No comment...Having a mental conundrum trying to contain the whole story and its turns...Trying to determine what Inc will do......-Scratch
:evilgrin:
Nekron is pulling a "Come to the dark side" combined with "Take the shot, I dare you" moment. EPIC.
Good to know I'm in the right forum, then. :P
Reminds me of Batman Begins a bit.
Everything reminds you of Batman, Wotz.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

As usual, Vorex threw in some new characters, had Inc act completely out of character from the last time we saw him, and referred to the end of the world half a gazillion times. :PHe also included some action and plot twists, and tried to bring the Time-Keepers back together to give the story something remotely resembling coming full circle. (Read it as Vorex the author (:P). Although, if you read it as Vorex the character, it's kinda funny)And having plot development or character development for the sake of plot development or character development is not a recipe for good writing.

As usual, Vorex threw in some new characters, had Inc act completely out of character from the last time we saw him, and referred to the end of the world half a gazillion times. :PHe also included some action and plot twists, and tried to bring the Time-Keepers back together to give the story something remotely resembling coming full circle.(Read it as Vorex the author ( :P). Although, if you read it as Vorex the character, it's kinda funny)And having plot development or character development for the sake of plot development or character development is not a recipe for good writing.
I don't see any new characters. Any currently existing characters have been referred to previously (even the 'True Mystix', who might be seen as new characters, were referred to in the prologue of Shadows). Incommodo isn't acting completely out of character -- if you look back to the prologue of DM:PI, he had already started on this way.Full circle? What's this about a full circle? We're not even finished with the first part yet... :evilgrin:- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Bit 1: Hooray for extensive apocalyptic destruction!Bit 2: So why did Nekron get hurt if only the lower class ones get hurt when their host does?Bit 3: Owned.
... you killed the world.”
Erm... That was kind of a lame line to end on. Couldn't he have said 'ended the world' or 'destroyed the world' or something less meh?
I disagree, those two lines that you offered are much too cliché. I like the line that Vorex gave.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Okay, I'll just post, it's obvious I'll never manage to get an even number of replies. :lol:About the last line: Look back to Inc and Reich's conversation near the end of DM:PII.@Wotz:1: Indeed.2: They can feel pain, but what happened to Nekron happened for very specific reasons. Have a look at the changes and then look back on DM:PII.3: As I said, Inc and Reich's conversation. Also, what Kal said.@Scratch: Thankyou, and wait and see...@Kal: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. :PAlright people, I hope you're all looking forward to the next chapter -- because starting now, plot armour means :censored: . :evilgrin:(I will happily accept bets on the first to die)- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

• 1 month later...

Could it be? An actual chapter posted? Over a month late?Well, I've been busy, but Chapter 13's finally up, with quite a few changes made to it compared to my original plans. But, still. NEW CHAPTER.:P(also, yes, I'll admit, his death may have been a little predictable)- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Proditor... What a way to go...Anyway, back to the review. AMAZING return to form (and it figures you'd start out by killing a main character!)And the rift between Incommodo and Pirok continues to widen! Meanwhile that sneaky chronicler,(as I call him), continues to get his facts wrong.Wait... is it me or does Nekron seem a bit like Smith from The Matrix now? And what is the true nature behind Terror glitch and there are MORE of the Society of Shades?In conclusion, fantastic return chapter. Just, please don't make us wait too long for the next one!-Eredar

Edited by The Archaic Predicament

Now fades the great harvest of my betrayal...

Yep -- just about the same way he went last time. :PIt's what I do. cool.pngHis name is Elax, seeing as everyone keeps forgetting it. ;)League of Shades, and I'm glad that you picked up on that little reference. I've made a few other references to the Matrix here and there, as well.Also, I thought you'd have the nature of the glitch figured out now, from all the clues I've been dropping...I'll try not to. :biggrin:- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

*Dramatic music* Well it looks like everything is drawing towards its curtain call.'The Glitch'. Not very informative, but interesting regardless.To space? SPACE? SPAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!! Back to business, I can't wait to see how this plan turns out!-Eredar

@Scratch: Actually, it's very informative. The scene with Xylak tells you a heck of a lot about the plot.(also, double posts make me cry, and break the BZP rules. Don't double-post)@Wotz: Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. Lady. Ooh. Lady. Let's go to space!- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

YOU KILLED HIM YOU MONSTERRAAAAHHHH*ahem*I am greatly displeased that you killed off Pirok in this most recent chapter. Not even spaceTM could fix the hole left in my heart by the death of Pirok.May I ask why he had to die? :'(
You may ask, and you will be answered, if you look back at previous chapters and think about recent events. If that doesn't work for you, just wait for the final chapter of Part I, and all will be explained.No comment on Horror's name? :P- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Wait... PIROK!!!The Mistix retreating? Somethings up...Inc stranded, the others go their seperate ways, meanwhile a game of shadows is played behind the scenes...The final chapter of Part I BETTER be EPIC!-Scratch
...How did you know that I was planning to have the next chapter be the last one in Part I? (or, the second-last)*backs away, slowly*Not all of the Mystix -- just Zarnarax, who engineered the deaths of other Mystix and planned to escape with Aclaraung, who disappeared after beginning the battle between the Mystix and the Shadows, who are now pretty much invincible.Also, I get it, everyone is sad because Pirok's dead. Don't worry, you'll feel better soon... :evilgrin:- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Well, I did warn you guys that people would die. :shrugs:
Pirok was more than just people D:
Hey, just wait for part two, I guarantee that you'll be feeling better. ;)- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

• 3 weeks later...
I can't believe Pirok died but Frustro survived.Also it seems like Inc's character development is all for nothing now that he's just gone back to being all fourth-wall-break-y.On the other hand the ArkNik shenanigans were tres enjoyables.
Cowards always live.No, it wasn't. He went like that for a little while while he was unconscious, but he went back afterwards.ArkNik... I like it! We're making that a thing! :D- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Greatest. Penultimate chapter. Ever. Of all time. Not even kidding. I mean we start out with the arrest of Nikarra and Arkrak. Incommodo, who it appears has finally begun talking to himself. Enough said. Frustro is threatened be an unknown assailant, who gives him a very clear warning. And all the while, Nekron prepares his endgame. WOW. Looking forward to the next installment. -Eredar

Greatest. Penultimate chapter. Ever. Of all time. Not even kidding. I mean we start out with the arrest of Nikarra and Arkrak. Incommodo, who it appears has finally begun talking to himself. Enough said. Frustro is threatened be an unknown assailant, who gives him a very clear warning. And all the while, Nekron prepares his endgame. WOW. Looking forward to the next installment. -Eredar
Well, the thing about unknown assailants is that they always reveal themselves shortly afterwards and spoil the sense of mystery. :PYay! Endgame. Nekron is such a villain. cool.png- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]