Arson

Uncle K.

You did Lewa, too! Yay, great! Let's see now, what shall I comment on:(ref. pic)duobybzpsempire.jpgWell, you can see here how well you captured Tahu's personality and general attitude. (how does one do that when working with what you'd think is such an inexpressive mask). He seems cranky, and short tempered.Now Lewa, hmmm, he seems either perplexed...something in the way you seem to have his shoulder's hunched and his neck forward and the tilt of his mask. or, well, to me his eyes could also be saying, "Oh...reallllly?" or maybe "grrrrrr." lol. But his vibe is definitely quite different from Tahu's.The shoulders on Lewa, specifically the middle section on them both remind me of the body of a sea serpent, or some water dwelling snake. Even his neck seems to resemble maybe jellyfish's wiggling legs. Although we know Lewa has nothing to do with the water as a rule. You probably didn't intend any of this...I'm just calling it as I see it. lol. Again, I just love the spots you choose for the light hitting your guys. And Lewa's eyes, just like Tahu's, are fantastic. So intensely lit.It would be interesting to see if you do the others if they too communicate some mood by the way you render them. I'm not sure if you do it intentionally or not; but it's coming through!Thanks again, for sharing your art. Both are very good. I like them.~Shioi :)

Edited by Shioi
shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww

• 2 weeks later...

Yay for another Toa drawn like this. :)I like how Lewa looks, particularly his mask. The details on his shoulders are good too. I only have one minor nitpick, and that is that his neck looks kind of big compared to the rest of his body. But that doesn't make this any less awesome.Are you going to draw the other Toa Mata too?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Posted Pohatu, hooray, and thanks everyone again

Love the art but hate the name. Might have lost my home to an arsonist in Colorado Springs.
How am I supposed to respond to this
wow i'm glad you did lewa too. I like how near the mouth area of the mask there are what seems to be pipes or tubes running from the side of the head to the mouth area.So i'm wondering what those are suppose to be?I also like how you included some wear and tear on his armor.
Pistons that can adjust their gaps for ventilation, for use in the upper reaches of the atmosphere, though I'm not sure if it should be part of the Miru, Lewa, or just manifest when Lewa accesses the Miru. Pohatu also got a similar ventilation system, but his is just for filtering dust at 50 mph or higher, and it's only on his Kakama.
I like how Lewa looks, particularly his mask. The details on his shoulders are good too. I only have one minor nitpick, and that is that his neck looks kind of big compared to the rest of his body. But that doesn't make this any less awesome.
Yep, compared to the axle used for the Toa's heads his is really too small!
Are you going to draw the other Toa Mata too?
hee hee ha haha ho ha maybe

wow i'm glad you did lewa too. I like how near the mouth area of the mask there are what seems to be pipes or tubes running from the side of the head to the mouth area.So i'm wondering what those are suppose to be?I also like how you included some wear and tear on his armor.
Pistons that can adjust their gaps for ventilation, for use in the upper reaches of the atmosphere, though I'm not sure if it should be part of the Miru, Lewa, or just manifest when Lewa accesses the Miru. Pohatu also got a similar ventilation system, but his is just for filtering dust at 50 mph or higher, and it's only on his Kakama.
Ok that does make sense. i must say i also like the new pohatu you did. my favorite part on him is where his arms connect to his torso. even those ball parts blend in well and do not look weird. the way you also did the top part of the arms where you have that axle part is quite unique. and in my eyes it kinda of looks like miniature toa canisters.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This re-imagining of the Toa Mata gets better and better! This is far superior to the Miramax models. Pohatu is great. His mask looks all mechanical and cool, solid and yet obviously a mask. Cool set-resembling shoulders. What are those cool tank things on his shoulders?You did a great job on the inverted torso, and that's a creative way to put a lens flare on when he has a different post. Awesome as always, and I hope you make the others too!

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Wow, here is Pohatu now! Another interesting piece, sir. He looks like to come out of the screen, IMO. Very good detailing as in Lewa and Tahu, but I'd have liked it more if it had a dark background and eyes flashing, too. But it's perahps due to Pohatu being already a little bit dark coloured...However, still an impressive job. 10.5/10