• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Favorite Bionicle Song

favorite song music bionicle

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • World's Only Gnomish Hylian

• 28-January 10
  • 1,281 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 23 2012 - 01:29 PM

My absolute favorite may be Creeping in my Soul or Bye Bye Babylon. Move Along and Kumo Rocks are amazing too, though.

Posted Image

#42 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 03-April 05
  • 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 09:49 PM

Move Along is probably my favorite. I do like the tracks from Movies 1-3, too.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#43 Offline Refy L.S.

Refy L.S.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 10-May 12
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 11:29 AM

Probably "The Bionicle Music" from the power pack, as well as MNOG (Lewa VS Onua). However I am a fan of cryoshell, and I did enjoy "Creeping in my Soul".

#44 Offline Hahligirl56

Hahligirl56
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 20-February 06
  • 1,467 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 10:55 PM

I haven't heard all of them, but I really liked 'Creeping in My Soul'. It really was...creepy. :PAlso loved the music from MNOGI/II...and Bionicle, the video game (even if it wasn't canon).
Hahligirl56 - fan since 2004.
"The fool wanders, a wise man travels." - Thomas Fuller
"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes." - Henry J. Kaiser
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." - Jesse Jackson

#45 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-October 07
  • 4,601 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 09:15 PM

No offense to anybody, and I respect each and all of your personal opinions and tastes, but I really can't stand the rock and roll songs. In my opinion, it's just not Bionicle. I much more prefer the ambient/electronic music that blends in with the cultural/world themed music, because it fits more with the idea of advanced, technological beings living in a natural world.

I agree! I've never really liked the rock or rap songs either, I would rather listen to the soundtracks/scores. I feel the ambient/electronic/film score music was one of the things that separated Bionicle from the average toy. My personal favourites are from MNOG: the Onu-Koro theme, and especially the underwater theme.

I third. The half-tribal, half-techno sounds from MNOG and the soundtrack to the original trilogy (oh, this is turning into a Star Wars-esque "everything as better before" discussion) was music I could really envision these Matoran playing in the village; a real part of BIONICLE culture. My favorite tracks from the movies were the music from Hahli's speech (which also played at the Ko-Koro portion of the Mata Nui explorer), the music that plays when Lhikan's mask is talking to Vakama & co. (which also plays for the Metru Nui Explorer), and the music that plays when the Rahaga catch the Toa Hordika an fly them through their ravaged, foggy city.That being said, I also have a special love for the rock from '06 and onward. As far as music of the time was, LEGO could have chosen stuff a lot worse. I think each song really helped set the tone for the year:Having "Move Along" for late 2006 theme really made me feel cheerful. It told me that, though the Matoran of Voya Nui had suffered, the Toa Inika had arrived to liberate them and save Mata Nui. While the music told me it would be a long fight, I never imagined just how long the quest for the Ignika would be."Creeping in my Soul" was a significantly darker tune, well-fitting for the senario: a Po-Matoran everyman, Dekar, has always lived in fear of the shadowy waters surrounding his small village. When a cursed mask drifts down from above, though, Dekar learns what lives in those shadows are far more terrifying than he could have imagined."Crashed" told a story of noble heroes in a place where nobility was a lost virtue; a place so dark and dangerous it need no name besides "the Pit." But, when every odd was against them, these heroes fought on, because they knew honor and loyalty were stronger than any army. But, even then, no victory is without sacrifice."Gravity Hurts" and "Closer to the Truth" told me stories of a battle all the other battles had led up to: a fight for the very survival of the universe as the Great Spirit's life grew dangerously short. The Toa Nuva, the heroes we had grown to love and look up to for seven years, had to face the possibility of death, and did so boldly, because they had a duty to the Matoran."Bye Bye Babylon" helped 2009's story, which I found to be weaker than the Matoran Universe-based storylines, seem more thrilling. Mata Nui, a character we had learned to honor so much yet seen so little of, was stranded on a parched wasteland where he was known as Great Spirit only to himself. And again, the bold selflessness of heroes - of Toa - would help free the innocent villagers from a race of warlike brutes.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here for my other stories!

#46 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 26-April 03
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 09:42 AM

Gravity Hurts or Closer to the Truth.

#47 Online Neo ShadowVezon

Neo ShadowVezon
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 11-October 12
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 11:49 AM

Creeping in my Soul, Gravity Hurts, Move Along, and the Bionicle Heroes soundtrack. All of the Bionicle Heroes soundtrack.

"Master of Shadows"

"OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome."

-ShadowVezon, Bionifight Ultimate Page 146, #5816

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

#48 Offline Wokat

Wokat
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 01-July 07
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 05:15 PM

The MNOLG soundtrack. There's just something about it that fits Bionicle's atmosphere extremely well.

#49 Offline Extractor

Extractor
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-September 12
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 23 2012 - 05:38 PM

"Move Along" "Hero" "Creeping in my Soul" and much of the MNOG 1-2 themes, especially the Le-Koro themes, and the Ga-Koro celebration theme.

Bionicle will always be alive.

#50 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 31-October 12
  • 654 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:57 PM

As a musician, I love all of them really. However, my favorites are MNOG II Ga-Koro (only zone I've been in so far), Mask of Light/Legends of Metru Nui/Web of of Shadows unofficial bionicle theme, Hero (remember that from being a wee little chap), and Gravity Hurts (as of recently). By the way!!!!! I will sell my soul for ANY bionicle piano sheet music, including Gravity Hurts and Hero. I am absolutely incompetent when it comes to playing by ear.

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#51 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 04-September 09
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 12:06 AM

I like two Crypshell songs, and they are Bye Bye Babylon and Breakout.:)I like two Crypshell songs, and they are Bye Bye Babylon and Breakout.:)
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#52 Offline The Fifth Spoilers

The Fifth Spoilers
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 09-March 09
  • 2,162 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2012 - 04:01 PM

Either chasing the Takea Shark in MNOLG2, or the ending song of MNOLG. They're happy music. I do love Murky, though.

"I am Groot." - Groot

"Anga-krahi takayavo, nga ai’i vu kyase." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the recluse, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Priicu, Kimala - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#53 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,093 posts

Posted Nov 30 2012 - 04:09 PM

Cryoshell is always nice; Creeping in my Soul specifically is my favorite of theirs. Move Along by the All-American Rejects is nice, because it's 1) an awesome song and 2) my favorite song of the band's.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#54 Offline Takanuvainika

Takanuvainika
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 15-June 12
  • 271 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 12:40 AM

My favorites are "Hero" because I think it fits the toa, and "Gravity Hurts" because it really fits the toa in Karda-Nui.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

#55 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 09-August 08
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 12:57 PM

The original movie trilogy has great tracks, and all the songs from 2006 onward were great. :)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#56 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 09:56 PM

Move Along by All American Rejects, and Crash by Daughtry.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#57 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 15-October 12
  • 341 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 02:44 PM

Creeping in my Soul. :D

Hey, Hau's It going

#58 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,258 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 04:05 PM

Either Hero or Bye Bye Babylon. Creeping in My Soul is also awesome.

eW9kyVR.png

#59 Offline Cratak

Cratak
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-March 12
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 10:03 PM

In alphabetical order:

Closer To The Truth - Cryoshell, Crashed - Daughtry, the alternative version of Creeping In My Soul - Cryoshell on the Barraki Promo CD, Face Me - Cryoshell, Gravity Hurts - Cryoshell, Move Along - All-American Rejects, and Ride - Presence (credits song for TLR).

Also, I like all of the movie soundtracks.

Edited by Cratak, Dec 19 2012 - 10:04 PM.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

#60 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 29-November 12
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 04:48 PM

Creeping in my Soul is outstanding.

iwRQGDg.jpg

#61 Offline alpha123

alpha123
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 09-December 09
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 11:17 PM

Definitely the MNOG soundtrack. It just plain screams "BIONICLE".

Gravity Hurts is easily second, followed some ways behind by Crashed and Creeping in my Soul.

Edited by alpha123, Dec 20 2012 - 11:19 PM.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

#62 Offline Great Being Velika

Great Being Velika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Low brass will rule the world

• 29-August 12
  • 264 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 11:56 PM

The piraka rap. Yo Yo PIRAKA.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

#63 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 29-November 12
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2012 - 01:12 AM

The piraka rap. Yo Yo PIRAKA.

I just looked that up, haven't heard it since 2007...the nostalgia. o.o

iwRQGDg.jpg

#64 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 22-May 12
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2012 - 10:42 AM

[color=#008000;]I probably listen to Gravity Hurts the most, but I do love them all. Oh and the song in the Mahri movie is Crashed by Chris Daughtry and "What it takes to be a hero" is actually called "Hero" by All Insane Kids.[/color]

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#65 Offline The First Speaker

The First Speaker
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 29-December 08
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2012 - 03:00 PM

Face Me is my favorite.

le-koro_banner.jpg

#66 Offline Fastcar800

Fastcar800
  • Members
  • Toa

• 20-September 12
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2012 - 03:39 PM

Move Along. The lyrics really "Speak to me! When all you gotta keep is strong..." :P

Edited by Fastcar700, Dec 21 2012 - 03:40 PM.

virux4.5-500.jpg

Semi-active As Of 11/20/2013

#67 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2012 - 03:49 PM

Basically, all the MNOLG stuff (except for when you're in Po-Koro, that tune always bugs me) and all the Cryoshell stuff. Although I am partial to the Piraka Rap. If they hadn't made a BIONICLE based rap, then I would have.  B-) Swag.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#68 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 18-December 11
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2012 - 03:58 PM

"Hero", "Move Along", and "Gravity hurts" are my top three. 

War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands

#69 Offline Grandmaster Lehvorak

Grandmaster Lehvorak
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-July 07
  • 1,664 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 01:19 AM

[color=#000080;]I have to go with "Move Along" by the All-American Rejects because that song has motivated me ever since it first came out. Maann the good old days... so much reminiscing .. you guys in BZP loves to do that a lot... :P makes me feel so old now... [/color]

[color=#000080;]The other songs I like were some songs in the Bionicle MNOG and "Closer to the Truth."[/color]

[color=#000080;]Lehvorak [/color]

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

#70 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2013 - 09:11 AM

Though it won't count as a Bionicle song, I still think it is - Gravity Hurts (Remake) by Cryoshell.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#71 Offline X-Ray

X-Ray
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 14-June 08
  • 617 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:55 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]I am especially fond of Move Along by the All American Rejects, though I also very much like Nathan Furst's soundtrack for the original Bionicle film trilogy. Cryoshell's songs I all liked a lot, though I care little for the music produced by All Insane Kids.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008080;]:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:[/color][/font]

#72 Guest_sinewav_*

Guest_sinewav_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Feb 05 2013 - 02:09 PM

Not like there is a huge selection but my choice would be a song from my favorite Bionicle movie: Bye Bye Babylon by Cryoshell. 

A shame we never got to see the complete Trilogy of that movie. 

#73 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 17-March 09
  • 1,366 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:07 PM

Gravity Hurts or Move Along. Tough choice. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#74 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-April 09
  • 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 06:22 PM

my favorite Bionicle song are Caught in a Dream and Gravity Hurts

#75 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 26-April 03
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 05:32 AM

Now I like the new Gravity Hurts most.

#76 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:18 AM

Oh, man, I don't think I can just pick one favorite. I've always loved the music from MNOLG and the Bohrok Animations. As a kid, Le-Koro was always my favorite, but Onu-Koro and Ga-Koro are also pretty good. And I always liked the music from that one Bohrok-Kal Animation in the scene where the Toa Nuva had lost their elemental powers and were reuniting with each other.

That said, I also really like the movie soundtracks, especially the melancholy piano part heard at the end of the credits in Mask of Light (I'm sure it also plays somewhere in the movie, but I forget exactly where).

Oh, and I just remembered the Chronicler's Company tune from MNOLG! Now I want to go listen to the entire soundtrack; I'm sure there's many tunes I've loved yet forgotten about.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#77 Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*

Guest_Takua the Chronicler7_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 06:05 PM

All the songs from MNOG(II), and the Bionicle Heroes main theme.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users