Anyone Still Like Vnog?

toa newnia

I was wondering if anyone still plays Voya Nui online, and what their thoughts are on it. I personally like it a good bit, although it's too short.

So....who really knows what's going on....

Anyone?

Can you read this? If so, you get a prize. Talk to me for details.

My BZRPG profiles:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=123&st=160&do=findComment&comment=326024MY

Short? If there´s anything I didn´t like about it it´s how tedious it tended to become after a while. That´s the main reason why I´ve never played it again after finishing it, although I guess I will someday. Still, it´s always been one of my favourite BIONICLE online games. I like its graphics. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, I think it's pretty long. :PI love the overall concept of finding weapons under rocks and such and being able to equip them. It's just a cool vibe to me to be able to adjust your stats and such in a Bionicle game. the graphics were also very appealing to me.~Gravity

I always found VNOG a shout-out to us fans who were there from the beginning, along with 2005's references to the Red Star, which I loved. VNOG ranks under the first two online games in my opinion, but it's still a great game.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

I actually started replaying it a few months ago. I didn't finish it either time I played, though, it got tedious after a while--especially because of the fact that there were exactly two songs in the game.I did like the graphics a lot, though and the small amount of RPG elements really set it apart from other Bionicle games.

VNOG bored me, frankly. It had no meaningful story information (or if there was any, I didn't get to it). And the gameplay was repetitive and not very compelling.The sprites and backgrounds were kind of neat, but those are the only things I remember fondly about it. Overall it was quite a letdown when the name led us to expect something more of the caliber of the MNOG and MNOGII.

Still? I've always loved it. I can still remember how I've had once been forced to keep my computer on for four days because I had to finish it and it couldn't save my progress... Whatsoever, great game. I like how the player can be customized. But I hated to walk across the entire island to get back where I was just because of those one-way-ticket doors. However, his is my only complaint. Graphics are cool and the gameplay is, too, yet a bit repetitive. And I'd say it is challenging enough, not too much easy nor incredibly difficult.

It's difficult to compare the Voya Nui Online Game to the Mata Nui Online Games I and II in terms of quality when the gameplay is so very different.The original MNOLG was really a first-person point-and-click game, riddled with cutscenes, and was extremely linear. You didn't find any item that wasn't going to be used within the next chapter, most items had only one purpose, and you were pretty much confined to a few paths and a sequential story.MNOLG II changed some of that. While you were still given fairly limited exploration options (mostly connecting place to place), the items you gathered had numerous uses, could be repeatedly found, and could be crafted into new items. The story was also not as linear, giving you the option to train in different skills at different levels and times and then challenge whichever Kolhii team you wanted to. It also shifted from first-person to third-person gameplay, and reduced the number of cutscenes to where they were mainly exposition. I think the perspective change gave the game a better sense of scale, since you can see how small Hahli is compared to the desert, for example.VNOLG was something else entirely. It introduced the grid system, so that pretty much anywhere that wasn't off a cliff or in a bush could be explored. While it was still slightly linear in the sense that locations had to be unlocked before you could explore them, by the end of the game you were pretty much free to go wherever you want. It also introduced a combat mechanic, which was actually affected by what weapons and armor you had equipped, so it wasn't just "be at a higher level and spam the attack button". Its item collection was more combat-focused, but you could still craft a few things. As a game, it was a lot more complex than the previous two, and had a much larger world to explore. Its missions did become somewhat tedious, but not so much to turn me away. Visually it lost some, because the "camera" angle prevented any sweeping vistas like we got in the previous two. The modularity of the environments also didn't work quite as well, but still made for a good-looking game.My opinion is that MNOLG < VNOLG < MNOLG II, but I'm biased towards MNOLG II because it was the first one I played. I have both it and VNOLG on my computer, and I might play them again some time (I already played both through).

OpAXNpl.jpg

Ah, I have never finished it, though the bit I have played I enjoyed. It seemed like a nice combination of the generic RPG and Bionicle, whereas MNOG and MNOG II were quite different, as well as (I thought) deeper.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Still? I've always loved it. I can still remember how I've had once been forced to keep my computer on for four days because I had to finish it and it couldn't save my progress... Whatsoever, great game. I like how the player can be customized. But I hated to walk across the entire island to get back where I was just because of those one-way-ticket doors. However, his is my only complaint. Graphics are cool and the gameplay is, too, yet a bit repetitive. And I'd say it is challenging enough, not too much easy nor incredibly difficult.
Hah, I remember the saving issues. :P Putting it on standby was fine, but I was so afraid of shutting it down, especially because my computer always tended to crash after turning it on from standby. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Hah, I remember the saving issues. :P Putting it on standby was fine, but I was so afraid of shutting it down, especially because my computer always tended to crash after turning it on from standby. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
Actually, I had those issues with the version I downloaded ages ago from BOGA. I remember there was a program to save VNOG's progress, but I couldn't understand how to use it. And, yeah, standby would have scared me, too. My old computer used to randomly close programs...

Actually, I had those issues with the version I downloaded ages ago from BOGA. I remember there was a program to save VNOG's progress, but I couldn't understand how to use it. And, yeah, standby would have scared me, too. My old computer used to randomly close programs...
I bet you mean XAMPP. Saving is definitely much easier and better now, though, thanks to JMMB and alpha123. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I bet you mean XAMPP. Saving is definitely much easier and better now, though, thanks to JMMB and alpha123. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg
Yeah, it was XAMPP. It seems like I should try and download again, huh?

I bet you mean XAMPP. Saving is definitely much easier and better now, though, thanks to JMMB and alpha123. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg
Yeah, it was XAMPP. It seems like I should try and download again, huh?
If you mean you should download the new version of VNOG that doesn´t require XAMPP to save, yes, you should, it´s worth it. Although of course you could wait until the BOGA is upgraded later this summer. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I don't really play it anymore, but I still like it, yeah. Wasn't my favorite, but still a pretty good game. :D

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I enjoy it very much, however, I can't seem to defeat zaktan.
;) Try leveling to 50 first, using the powerful ice launcher and some other powerful ion launcher, put a ton of points into technique and then - oh god, I really have played too much of this game haven't I :P

Anyone?

My BZRPG profiles:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=123&st=160&do=findComment&comment=326024MY

I really like VNOG. While its totally different that the first two online games, it's a solid game nonetheless. I always think of it as a cool alternate universe, which prevents me from the 'this game has no relation the the canon so why does it matter?' sort of thoughts I might have. It's more combat based that the first two games, and more of an Rpg. I liked how it was long, and had these visuals of things like the Piraka Fortress or Chamber of Truth. The missions were fun, although killing Rahi for supplies was far too much of a theme in this game. There was a bit too much walking as the game progressed- you have to travel across the island, getting slowed down by obnoxious Rahi the whole way every other mission. And I could never beat 'the seventh piraka'. I eventually had to cheat in the Nui launcher or whatever it was called.I'm no game critic, so I cant tell you exactly what I liked about it, but it was a lot of fun, and I was rather addicted to it for a little bit.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Although I don't play the VNOLG anymore, it still does hold a special place for being such a nice, nostalgia-inducing game. Man, 2006. Those were awesome times . . .~B~
I agree. Never play it, more a nostalgia factor than anything else since I downloaded it from the BioMedia Project.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I thought that was a fun game, wish I could play it again. But I belive it would have made am awsome multiplayer online game, but that is wishful thinking. Right?

I have no Signature,

Why?

I'm Avak3, I don't need one.

I actually started replaying it a few months ago. I didn't finish it either time I played, though, it got tedious after a while--especially because of the fact that there were exactly two songs in the game.I did like the graphics a lot, though and the small amount of RPG elements really set it apart from other Bionicle games.
Which is why I modified the game and put the soundtracks of BIONICLE HEROES into the game. I didn't put up the moderator in BZPower though. Might try to do so but no promises cuz I am a bit lazy :/IMO the game is a bit too easy on the player in terms of supplies. The launchers are just op... and every Piraka I met never go farther than 2 rounds... Even Hakkan and Vezon lolAlso the reason why I gave up the game is because after finishing it there's really nothing to do other than defeating all the enemies. Another thing is that my favourite weapon, the Ion Launcher is very buggy and can freeze the game :/
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I thought that was a fun game, wish I could play it again. But I belive it would have made am awsome multiplayer online game, but that is wishful thinking. Right?
You wish you could play it again? Check my signature and your wishes will come true. :P Or check tronec.org, for the sake of fair competition. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

It really would have. Anyone on here know how to code online games? :P

Anyone?

My BZRPG profiles:

• 2 weeks later...
This sums it up quite nicely.objectives.pngIt's a good game, but the repetitiveness does get boring.EDIT: On the blue side of the graph, I meant Gafna, not Gavna.
You perfectly summarised the overall tedium of a lot of the gameplay. The graphics were pretty cool though. I feel it should have had a better name than Voya Nui online game, that was just given because of the MNOG and MNOG 2. It had very little resemblance to those, and objectives were very different. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't